With their 1st Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Packers select...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang!!!! We get an early pick and Gutenberg trades it away. Gerry. He better have gotten quite a bit for it.
I don't think we did. I was okay with a trade down if no defensive elites were there and if we got goo value. Missed on both counts.

Only way this works is if NO completely collapsed and we get a top 10 pick and Tremaine Edmund's inexplicably drops to 27.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers lose a 3rd ... but gain a first. All they did was slide down a net of 4 spots. This was really well done after all.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I said. I want 6'+ to cover the 6'3+ wrs out there. That's the line I draw. The 4.32, long jump and vert give reason to let that 1 1/8" slide. But to me, that's a nickel cb. To cover those Doug Baldwin types...

Julio ran like a 4.32 40 too. At nearly 220 and 6'3"+......

I don't care if other teams get by with 5'11" CBs. Not many of them are under 190 I bet..... and I wouldn't expect any of them to be able to cover Julio 1 on 1. Or any of the other super sized freak athlete receivers out there...

That's just me.

But maybe 10 years of Thompson drafting 5'11" CBs (and none stuck) was a fluke? Maybe us finally drafting king, Jones, fa house, and the new bigger stronger, more physical CBs, shows the new leadership agreed with me.

Jaire Alexander (ward) 5-10, 4.39 isn't gonna be asked to cover Julio Jones, Kevin king 6-3 4.4 is

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. T. Edmunds, LB/ED, VTU
  2. B. Chubb, Edge, NC ST
  3. Q. Nelson, OG, ND
  4. S. Barkley, RB, PSU
TIER 2
  1. M. Fitzpatrick, DB, FSU
  2. D. James, DB, UA
  3. D. Ward, CB, OSU
  4. J. Alexander, CB, LOU
  5. H. Landry, ED, BC
  6. R. Smith, LB, UGA
TIER 3
  1. Vita Vea, DL, Washington
  2. LVE, LB, Boise St
  3. Mike Hughes, CB, UCF
  4. Isiah Oliver, CB, Colorado
  5. Marcus Davenport, Edge, UTSA
  6. Jessie Bates, S, Wake Forest

There is a significant drop off after Tier 2, imo. I imagine at least one, potentially 3 guys from Tier 2 will be there at 14. Just depends on QB's, and if some player strikes one teams fancy. There are a ton of good iOL that are arguably better players than some I have listed here, but value wise, and knowing how the Packers draft, I had a hard time putting them in. But Billy Price, Will Hernandez, Austin Corbett, James Daniels, Isiah Wynn, are all good iOL. Not as high on the OT class.

WHOOOO. I don't mean to brag, but I CRUSHED Jessie Bates.

Latest posts