With their 1st Pick in the 2018 NFL Draft the Packers select...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Been awhile since we've had so many possibilities in round 1,you bet this is gonna be fun.

Yup, while no pick is a sure thing, #14 has us a lot closer to an impact player than we have been since 2009, when we selected BJ Raji with the 9th pick.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Todays news of Josh Allen and his "offensive" HS Tweets may drop him a few spots. Interesting how this sh*T comes out on draft day, I guess it makes it a bigger impact, which can work on one teams favor.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ets-made-in-high-school-by-josh-allen-surface
Talk about people ****ing reaching for ********. I hope their hands stink for grabbing it. 2 Live Crew was middle school and high school was NWA. It's what we listened too when we lost our Iron Maiden and Metallica. You know what kind of lines came out of my, and many others mouths in high school? WTF is this even a story for. People say things in high school and they literally mean not a damn thing, even at the time let alone 6 years later. 6 years from 16 to 22 I'd say the overwhelming majority of people change, significantly. Who was the ******* that dub up this stuff?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Talk about people ******* reaching for ********. I hope their hands stink for grabbing it. 2 Live Crew was middle school and high school was NWA. It's what we listened too when we lost our Iron Maiden and Metallica. You know what kind of lines came out of my, and many others mouths in high school? WTF is this even a story for. People say things in high school and they literally mean not a damn thing, even at the time let alone 6 years later. 6 years from 16 to 22 I'd say the overwhelming majority of people change, significantly. Who was the ******* that dub up this stuff?

Agreed, this is H.S. mentality and Twitter Rhetoric, not someone going out and banging on the streets, knocking over old ladies.

The people who bring this stuff up, on draft day no less, has to be fans/media that hope for a big impact either with the story or having the player drop to their team because of it.

If I have Allen on the top of my board, this doesn't move him.

OldSchoolPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm concerned about Jones' instincts a bit as well.

I like the James kid too. Jones will be better because he will have better coaching! Dom was crap!!! So glad the packers finally moved on from him. Hopefully DJ Chark from LSU will be there at 45! He’s a burner!

Derwin James presents the best case scenario in my opinion as he's a top tier defensive player that fills a need. There are other decent options later in the draft for the Packers to select a wide receiver with some speed.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With all the latest talk about the Packers possibly trying to move up in round 1, I was happy to find this article. Evan "Tex" Western actually did the math for the Packers to accomplish such a move. Although he stuck to the Tradition draft value chart, it gives people a decent idea what the cost to the Packers might be tonight if they decide to go that route.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...projections-move-up-top-ten-trade-value-chart

The deal with the Raiders would be my preference. Would probably land the Packers one of the guys considered an elite prospect on defense and effectively only cost them their 3rd rounder.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lots of chatter about the Saints trying to move up to get a QB! Would love if they made a trade with Chicago, Raiders or SF. 3 teams who won't be going QB, but might be going defense. If it happens, one more guy closer to 14!

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the latest talk about the Packers possibly trying to move up in round 1, I was happy to find this article. Evan "Tex" Western actually did the math for the Packers to accomplish such a move. Although he stuck to the Tradition draft value chart, it gives people a decent idea what the cost to the Packers might be tonight if they decide to go that route.

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/...projections-move-up-top-ten-trade-value-chart

The deal with the Raiders would be my preference. Would probably land the Packers one of the guys considered an elite prospect on defense and effectively only cost them their 3rd rounder.
I think I’d be ok with the 9ers swap too. We’d still have ammo to move up again.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of chatter about the Saints trying to move up to get a QB! Would love if they made a trade with Chicago, Raiders or SF. 3 teams who won't be going QB, but might be going defense. If it happens, one more guy closer to 14!
They don't have the ammo to move up. No 2nd round pick. And picking 27th? 1, 3 and their #1 next year wouldn't be worth it for even the packers pick let alone getting higher. AZ, Balt, NE are just as likely and have more trade power to do it.

I have gotten a ray of hope, a tidbit I heard. Packers think Roquon Smith or Tremaine Edmunds will be there and they will take one and they prefer smith. Do I believe it? No. I wont change my draft contest answer. I still think the target is Ward, but that would be great if it happens.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I have gotten a ray of hope, a tidbit I heard. Packers think Roquon Smith or Tremaine Edmunds will be there and they will take one and they prefer smith. Do I believe it? No. I wont change my draft contest answer. I still think the target is Ward, but that would be great if it happens.

If any of those 3 are available at #14 and the Packers grab one of them, I will crack a beer with ya! Bring the Buggy, I'm driving!

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You get the elite pass rusher and all of the sudden your DB's get signifcantly better. Draft the elite pass rusher and it's like drafting two players in the same spot.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You get the elite pass rusher and all of the sudden your DB's get signifcantly better. Draft the elite pass rusher and it's like drafting two players in the same spot.
I agree and would say your front 6-7 guys make the secondary better, doesn't even have to be one guy who makes a lot of sacks, but a group of guys who protect the line of scrimmage, collapse the pocket and disrupt the QB in the process. You could have THE best CB in the NFL, but if the opposing QB has all day to throw, he is eventually going to find someone open.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Do we have any players that might help lessen the sting of trading up? Monty, Kizer, Daniels? With a 3rd or 4th, Monty or Kizer might get to 11 or 12 while Daniels may get us to 9-10.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not consider trading Daniels. He's in the prime of his career. he's good, he's been dependable and I think he has his head on right as a core team guy. he's being paid a ton, I think he's producing well his contract so it's certainly not one I'd want to unload. I know he'd have value in a trade, but he's part of our only strength on this team. I wouldn't want to send that packing.

D

Deleted member 6794

Denzel Ward = Sam Shields

Aside of the fact that Ward will get drafted in the first round while Shields went undrafted ;)

It's definitely true that a decent pass rush makes defensive backs look significantly better. The Packers still need to upgrade their secondary though.

I would not consider trading Daniels. He's in the prime of his career. he's good, he's been dependable and I think he has his head on right as a core team guy. he's being paid a ton, I think he's producing well his contract so it's certainly not one I'd want to unload. I know he'd have value in a trade, but he's part of our only strength on this team. I wouldn't want to send that packing.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading Daniels for a sweet deal as the defensive line is the only position group with quality depth.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading Daniels would be idiotic.

1) He's our best DL and provides interior rush.

2) Wilkerson is a 1 year deal. His depth isn't long term.

3) Daniels is an emotional leader and one of the only "nasty" guys we have on defense. You don't get rid of that guy.

4) Daniels is really, really, really good.

D

Deleted member 6794

Trading Daniels would be idiotic.

I agree with the points you provided but would it really be idiotic to trade the best player on a unit that would still feature above average talent to upgrade a position in dire need of improvement???

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Besides AR and maybe Bahk, there are very few players on the Packers that I would say are "untradeable". But trading Daniels away would have to be for something REALLY good before I would listen.

D

Deleted member 6794

Besides AR and maybe Bahk, there are very few players on the Packers that I would say are "untradeable". But trading Daniels away would have to be for something REALLY good before I would listen.

I wouldn't trade any of the talented players still on a rookie deal either. And Janis of course ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts