With the _________ pick in the 2018 NFL draft The Green Bay Packers select?

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is too early to talk about next year but I will go ahead and see where this goes..

Options for me are OLB, WR, CB, Tackle

Jordy is aging and Adams hopefully will be resigned and Cobb more than likely is his last ride..

GB needs a prime time receiver, AR makes anyone look good but to have a Calvin/Julio type on the outside AR would gush..

Discuss or let it ride out into the abyss

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
way too early! there is a draft sub-forum for these threads, especially this time of year. as to needs, i currently would lean towards WR, pass rushing LB, or OL at this point

OP
OP
Reggie White Cheese

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
way too early! there is a draft sub-forum for these threads, especially this time of year. as to needs, i currently would lean towards WR, pass rushing LB, or OL at this point

my bad did not subject it to the other forum.. Will fix that going forward.. But a big WR is my take.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
moved it there [/moderation]
Again with the OL. Maybe round 3 comp pick at best. I could see some more pass rush help.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
moved it there [/moderation]
Again with the OL. Maybe round 3 comp pick at best. I could see some more pass rush help.

i hate taking OL in the 1st... so boring. but bulaga is a bit injury prone and getting up there in years, jahri is probably a 1 year player here. spriggs and murphy haven't looked great thus far. it would not be a pick i'd be happy about, but if there were a guy like forrest lamp this year available where we picked, i could see it being the way to go.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
With the 8th pick in the draft the GB Packers select Connor Williams OT

bgrice91

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whatever pick we get will get traded down anyway so lets not get our hopes up for Mr.Barkley

Reese2017

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get oL and receivers stay away from DL your ruining linemen in that funky scheme, look what Dallas has done 4/3

D

Deleted member 6794

If they do it's because they don't wanna pay anyone,stud wide receiver would make life easier for Aaron remember he's contract is coming up.

In my opinion it's ridiculous to accuse the Packers of being cheap. Rodgers is still under contract with the team for two more seasons after this one.

Altheparkguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope it's not to early for TT and staff to be building a board. My vote: defensive size/speed guys, with emphasis on speed, long arms (Julius Peppers 2.0)

D

Deleted member 6794

My vote: defensive size/speed guys, with emphasis on speed, long arms (Julius Peppers 2.0)

While it would be amazing to draft Peppers 2.0 it's completely unrealistic to expect to get a player like him even by possibly selecting early in the first round.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're in need of... A new defensive coordinator and a new GM lol.

But forreal, The second year jump for B.Martinez is great (someone to compliment him will be good). We still need help on Corner backs, not sure if House will resign.
O-Line needs revamp of new talent. NEED PASS RUSH. and TIGHT END. '

1. EDGE
  2. CB
  3. O-L
  4. TE
  5. ILB

Reaction score
Whatever pick we get will get traded down anyway so lets not get our hopes up for Mr.Barkley
Hey I think you’re on to something there! We should trade back all of our rounds 1-3 picks and then combine our 5th, 6th and 7 rounders and move up and take like all 14 picks in the 4th round!!
I’ll go OLB, CB, OLB, CB, OLB, CB
OT, OG, OT, OG, OT, OG, TE, WR
This should save Ted some serious money in the long run :cool:

Last edited:

4zone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need starters at CB, RT, WR, TE, OLB, and G. We need better depth at CB, MLB, DL, RT, G. (not necessarily in that order)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need starters at CB, RT, WR, TE, OLB, and G. We need better depth at CB, MLB, DL, RT, G. (not necessarily in that order)

We need a starter at corner. You got king and Randall, need one more. Between bulaga Kyle Murphy and Jason spriggs rt is fine. However a guard will be needed if Evans isn't resigned. Maybe Quentin Nelson in the first round. Olb for sure but Perry and Matthews will start. Ilb yeah need one if you pair Martinez with more than just a guy you got something. Te need one to threaten the seem and can be productive after the catch. Wr don't need a starter year one but need the next in the line of murphy, Jennings, Nelson, cobb, and adams the TT 2nd roubd wr draft pick legacy. Cuz i think 2018 will b last year with Nelson cobb Adams. I don't think cobb will be resigned after 2018 unless he cant find anything on the open market. I think thry choose Nelson over cobb as Nelson is very effective in the slot and has that special connection with Rodgers. But who knows maybe 87 retires after 2018 and they resign cobb. Which is why I don't think they'll cut or trade cobb in the off season.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as TT and Capers are around they should forego defense. They have proven over the past seven years they can't build a defense together. I say go all in on offense and try to win shootouts. Draft. TE, G and WR in the first three rounds depending upon who is available.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as TT and Capers are around they should forego defense. They have proven over the past seven years they can't build a defense together. I say go all in on offense and try to win shootouts. Draft. TE, G and WR in the first three rounds depending upon who is available.

I'd be totally cool if ted Thompson's last draft went.
Round 1 guard Quentin Nelson Notre dame as he could replace Evans and make the running game even better.
Round 2 equanamis st brown wr Notre dame 6-4 205 with 4.5 speed and and excellent route runner. Would develop into a great starter outside opposite Adams.
Round 3 troy fumagali te wisconsin 6-5 250 Would give Rodgers a te with 4.6 speed to threaten the seem would be the closest thing to Finley Rodgers has had to work with. I'd also be good with Mark Andrews Oklahoma he may even be a bit more Finley like.

D

Deleted member 6794

Between bulaga Kyle Murphy and Jason spriggs rt is fine. However a guard will be needed if Evans isn't resigned. Maybe Quentin Nelson in the first round.

With Bulaga beimg injury-prone and Spriggs and Murphy having struggled the Packers definitely need to address right tackle next offseason. There's no reason to select a guard in the first round as the team has more pressing needs.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the 32nd pick, the Packers select . . .

BPA

Possibilities given their needs: (OLB, 5T, CB, TE, OG - in order)

OLB Clelin Ferrell - Clemson - Not "40 fast" and I hope that makes him drop. Very athletic and plays fast. Has great DL in front of him so there is some question if it is him or his teammates around him. I believe it is him. Suspect he will be gone at 32. There are a bunch of good OLBs this draft - should be 5 or 6 going in the first. Another 5 or 6 in the 2nd. I think we should wait till the 2nd for the OLB.

OG Quentin Nelson - Notre Dame - Best OL in the draft, probably gone, but teams (as well as TT) don't value OGs as highly. Nelson could be different - he is that good. TT could prefer flexibility of OG/C Billy Price - Ohio State. Athletic, smart and skilled - my gut says he will be a very good player for a long time. He will be good from day 1.

5t Christian Wilkins - Clemson - the thought of finding another stud to pair with Daniels and Clark would definitely cause QBs to worry. Bad year for 5Ts, but either Wilkins or Vita Vea could be available and interesting prospects. Both of these guys are risky picks, but will provide high returns if they click - worth the risk.

CB : None. I don't think there are any CBs that would be BPA at the end of the 1st. There are maybe 3 I would consider, but they will likely be overdrafted because of teams ahead of the Pack who draft for need because their GM is not as disciplined as TT.

TE : Hayden Hurst - South Carolina - Bad year for elite TEs, and may get overdrafted (see CB). Hurst is a very good all around TE with blocking, good hands, and fast. Just not great at anything. Should be very likely a solid player.

We could also go WR. There are a few WRs and non really jumped out at me. A wild card, I will mention is Simmie Cobbs. We need a new Cobb - and by that I mean a quick guy and not a Nelson type. Simmie is a Nelson type. Tall, fast and good hands. But the best thing about him, is he does the best under pressure and comes up big in big games.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts