Wide Receiver

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The packers do not have the salary cap to go out and spend on a WR. They need to address this in the draft. While a guy like Ceedee Lamb would be nice, I would prefer a speedy slot receiver that has punt return ability as well. Jalen Reagor, Devonta Smith and Henry Ruggs comes to mind for me. Anyone else anyone would like to see?

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers do not have the salary cap to go out and spend on a WR. They need to address this in the draft. While a guy like Ceedee Lamb would be nice, I would prefer a speedy slot receiver that has punt return ability as well. Jalen Reagor, Devonta Smith and Henry Ruggs comes to mind for me. Anyone else anyone would like to see?
Scouts are saying this year's WR class draft is deep. I've yet to look at the prospects but last years WR was definitely deep with many rookies (early and late rounders) contributing. My guess is Packers draft a WR in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lamb won't escape the Top 10.

I like Ruggs and Smith but I'm just not super sold on them. The 3rd Round for either I can live with though.

Reagor is super raw, I would only be interested in him as a 3rd or 4th.

I'm honing in on Donovan Peoples-Jones and Antonio Gandy-Golden as they fit the mold Gute is looking for.

Granted this is just my analysis but we'll see what happens next year.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't follow College football too well so I am not going to pretend whether I know the prospects. If its a supposedly deep class: good. We need all the help we can get. I wouldn't even be mad if we would double dip at the position, say, with a 2nd and a 4th. Assuming Bulaga and Martinez walk I'd say we need to draft WR, OT, ILB with our first 3 picks. Then look for DL and TE with our late rounders.

Do we have any rounds in which we have multiple picks?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I
I don't follow College football too well so I am not going to pretend whether I know the prospects. If its a supposedly deep class: good. We need all the help we can get. I wouldn't even be mad if we would double dip at the position, say, with a 2nd and a 4th. Assuming Bulaga and Martinez walk I'd say we need to draft WR, OT, ILB with our first 3 picks. Then look for DL and TE with our late rounders.

Do we have any rounds in which we have multiple picks?
I would just reverse your order. DL run stopper on the line then a TE who is athletic.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

I would just reverse your order. DL run stopper on the line then a TE who is athletic.

Should we invest in another TE seeing we just drafted one in the 3rd round last year? Unfortunately for him (and us) he was hurt and missed a lot this year. He may be the TE we are all clamoring for.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we invest in another TE seeing we just drafted one in the 3rd round last year? Unfortunately for him (and us) he was hurt and missed a lot this year. He may be the TE we are all clamoring for.
I don't see why not. Even if Jace is the second coming of George Kittle our TE room could use an extra body, might as well target one in the late rounds.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why not. Even if Jace is the second coming of George Kittle our TE room could use an extra body, might as well target one in the late rounds.

Yes, I don't mind taking a TE in a later round but some are advocating taking another one high and I hope we target other areas of need in the first 3 rounds instead.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 6th and 7th Rounds won't yield us any noteworthy TEs unless they come from DII and DIII schools; but there are some quality players at DL that could be available depending on how things go. But I really hope that DE is addressed no later than the 4th.

Jace should get his shot to rise to the top. A full NFL offseason could make a world's of a difference after he's had time to get healthy.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, Sternberger is not the guy. Unfortunately. Good TEs we saw in the SEC Big 10 and Big 12 championships last week.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, Sternberger is not the guy. Unfortunately. Good TEs we saw in the SEC Big 10 and Big 12 championships last week.

Based on what grounds exactly?

And in regards to your other statement:

SEC Championship
Georgia
Eli Wolf - 13 catches for 194 yards and 1 TD in 2019. No stats in the game. No draft value.
Charlie Woerner - 9 catches for 78 yards and 1 TD in 2019. 1 catch for 16 yards in the game. 4th - 6th Round grade.

LSU
Stephen Sullivan - 11 catches for 121 yards in 2019. No stats in game. No draft value.

Big 10 Championship
Ohio State
Rashod Berry - 9 catches for 78 yards and 2 TDs. No stats in game. 6th Round - UDFA.
Derrick Malone - No stats in 2019. No draft value.
Brock Davin - No stats in 2019. No draft value.
Luke Farrell - 6 catches for 108 yards and 2 TDs. 1 catch for 21 yards in game. 6th Round - UDFA.

Wisconsin
Gabe Lloyd - No stats in 2019. No draft value.
Luke Benzchawel - No stats in 2019. No draft value.
Seth Currens - No stats in 2019. No draft value.

Big 12 Championship
Oklahoma
Grant Calcaterra - 5 catches for 79 yards. No stats in game. Injured. 5th - 7th Round grade.

Baylor
Cody George - No stats in 2019. No draft value.

You might want to put some steak sauce or worcestershire on your foot before you put it in your mouth, it should taste better that way.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on what grounds exactly?

And in regards to your other statement:

SEC Championship
Georgia
Eli Wolf - 13 catches for 194 yards and 1 TD in 2019. No stats in the game. No draft value.
Charlie Woerner - 9 catches for 78 yards and 1 TD in 2019. 1 catch for 16 yards in the game. 4th - 6th Round grade.

LSU
Stephen Sullivan - 11 catches for 121 yards in 2019. No stats in game. No draft value.

Big 10 Championship
Ohio State
Rashod Berry - 9 catches for 78 yards and 2 TDs. No stats in game. 6th Round - UDFA.
Derrick Malone - No stats in 2019. No draft value.
Brock Davin - No stats in 2019. No draft value.
Luke Farrell - 6 catches for 108 yards and 2 TDs. 1 catch for 21 yards in game. 6th Round - UDFA.

Wisconsin
Gabe Lloyd - No stats in 2019. No draft value.
Luke Benzchawel - No stats in 2019. No draft value.
Seth Currens - No stats in 2019. No draft value.

Big 12 Championship
Oklahoma
Grant Calcaterra - 5 catches for 79 yards. No stats in game. Injured. 5th - 7th Round grade.

Baylor
Cody George - No stats in 2019. No draft value.

You might want to put some steak sauce or worcestershire on your foot before you put it in your mouth, it should taste better that way.

They can stretch the field. All of them. Sternberg may be a good blocker and I like that but he does not have Finley or Bubba Frank skills. You saw those players against the best in their conference. Watch them for the whole season. Sternberger will never be as good as a Kelce or an Olsen or a Stuce or even a Jimmy Graham once upon a time. I'd settle for a Mark Chmura type right now. One of our flaws this season is 3rd down. And that TE position is a large part of it.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They can stretch the field. All of them. Sternberg may be a good blocker and I like that but he does not have Finley or Bubba Frank skills. You saw those players against the best in their conference. Watch them for the whole season. Sternberger will never be as good as a Kelce or an Olsen or a Stuce or even a Jimmy Graham once upon a time. I'd settle for a Mark Chmura type right now. One of our flaws this season is 3rd down. And that TE position is a large part of it.

How do you know this? Sternberger has hardly played this year.

Finley could stretch the field but Bubba? Really??

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I admire your unwillingness to backtrack on your previous statement but you're just flat out wrong.

I literally just posted the season stats for every team you mentioned. No TE on any of those teams has 200 or more receiving yards in an ENTIRE SEASON. Explain to me how they can stretch the field exactly when they struggle to catch just one pass a game?

Sternberger's 2018 stats at Texas A&M:

48 receptions for 832 yards and 10 TDs.

Sternberger in 2018 had more catches, yards, and TDs than all 12 of those TEs in 2019 COMBINED.

May I suggest Heinz 57 sauce?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre u
How do you know this? Sternberger has hardly played this year.

Finley could stretch the field but Bubba? Really??
Favre used Bubba in the seam often. Remember Brett did not have a Big 5 like Rodgers did.. Bubba blocked for Ahman Green. And when we had the ball inside the 5 Favre found him.

Reaction score
1 WR should either be addressed through FA or before day 3 draft. Ideally we hit WR round 2 range. Id consider packaging a day 3 pick (comp pick etc..) to move up a little bit there if the right guy slips outside of the top #50
At TE, I’d cut Graham and hold onto Lewis 1 more season and consider doubling down day 3 like we did at RB a couple years ago. Such as a 4th rounder AND a 6th rounder etc..

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admire your unwillingness to backtrack on your previous statement but you're just flat out wrong.

I literally just posted the season stats for every team you mentioned. No TE on any of those teams has 200 or more receiving yards in an ENTIRE SEASON. Explain to me how they can stretch the field exactly when they struggle to catch just one pass a game?

Sternberger's 2018 stats at Texas A&M:

48 receptions for 832 yards and 10 TDs.

Sternberger in 2018 had more catches, yards, and TDs than all 12 of those TEs in 2019 COMBINED.

May I suggest Heinz 57 sauce?

He almost caught one today. But Tongan actually did.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1 WR should either be addressed through FA or before day 3 draft. Ideally we hit WR round 2 range. Id consider packaging a day 3 pick (comp pick etc..) to move up a little bit there if the right guy slips outside of the top #50
At TE, I’d cut Graham and hold onto Lewis 1 more season and consider doubling down day 3 like we did at RB a couple years ago. Such as a 4th rounder AND a 6th rounder etc..

I like that idea but I just don't know if Gute is "ruthless enough to do. Granted those two WRs could be to replace Allison and Kumerow, allowing MVS and ESB an additional year to get it together. If he does double down, it's not through trading up. He takes whoever is there in the 1st and 2nd, and then another guy who's a 3-4 year project in the 5th or 6th Round.

He almost caught one today. But Tonyan actually did.

Sternberger to my knowledge was only "targeted" once, and that was to avoid an intentional grounding call. Sternberger is low on the depth chart, but that's because he has to get by Jimmy Graham and Marcedes Lewis first. I get that he was drafted in the 3rd, but that doesn't mean he's supposed to start from that moment on. It takes a good 3 years before TEs get it together in the NFL(Or 10 if you're calling us to draft anyone you previously mentioned). Us drafting a TE early in an absolutely marginal TE draft class doesn't change that at a all.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was completely wrong on Finley. In 2008 he looked like a total klutz. I wanted us to get Tony Gonzalez. Then in 2009 it was as if someone waved a magic wand. Injuries are another way to get on the field. Finley's injury gave Andrew Quarless PT he never would have gotten although much of the time he became Andrew Clueless.
Pp

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Milani....either you don't watch games or you're comfortable judging a player on guesses and whims, Jace hasn't played enough for anyone to declare any realistic expectation outside of saying he probably is a HOFer...he may absolutely suck or be the next best threat to Adams in a couple years...none of us know yet or have evidence either way.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Milani....either you don't watch games or you're comfortable judging a player on guesses and whims, Jace hasn't played enough for anyone to declare any realistic expectation outside of saying he probably is a HOFer...he may absolutely suck or be the next best threat to Adams in a couple years...none of us know yet or have evidence either way.
Well I hope you are right. But I see him as another blocker on a team that primarily runs the ball like the Baggers. It is good to have one if that will be our identity in the post Rodgers era.

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Justin Jefferson looked real good last night. I liked him better than Tee Higgins.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clemson DBs were overwhelmed last night and Jefferson and Chase feasted. Higgins did decent given the defense he was up against, Trevor Lawrence was throwing high all night.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Higgins and Jefferson both looked good. Chase looked the best.

LSU's secondary is quite a bit better than Clemson's.

AJ Terrell "struggled", but he had good position all game long. I still like him.

That game last night was a scouting dream. So many good players.