1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Why the Packers NEED to beat da Bears

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    The Packers NEED to win this one for 2 reasons.
    1) To stick it to the Cowboys and Jerry Jones by playing in his house in the big game.
    2) To show the Vikes and Bears fans that the Packers can do it and the teams they root for (Last year's Vikes/This year's Bears) can't.

Go Pack Go!!!!!!!!
    :happy0005:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    please edit your last sentence. Nobody understands wtf you are trying to say

3. arrimike

arrimike Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I think that he is trying to say, we can prove the Viking fans and the Bear fans that we are capable of going to Super Bowl. We were heavy favorites pre-seaon, but after injuries and crappy loses, people had their doubts. And that even with their best team on the field, week in and week out, the Bears and Vikings fail to do so.

Lets face it, we have to win this game to show them Bears who is better, and we have to bring back the Ship to Title Town. 1 title in the past 44 years, not good. Plus, we want to give America what they want. Stats from SN. they asked who do you want in the Super Bowl. 14% for Bears/Steelers. 12% for Jets/Bears. 44%f for Packers/Steelers. 30%for Jets/Packers
    We are America's team right now and we don't want to disappoint. :Bananas2:

4. packman_gb

packman_gb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We need to beat the Bears 'cause we need to. PERIOD. We need to beat them 'cause they are our greatest enemies, we need to take back that only playoff game from 14 Dec. 1941, and to show the world what we are all about. It's 91years of history for both teams behind us and this game is all about it.

1) To beat them on their, on turf.
    2) To claim the GEORGE STANLEY "PAPA BEAR" HALAS TROPHY, in their, own city, home, to show them that we are better than them on every phase of the ball.

5. John

John Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We need to beat them because it's to go to the Super Bowl. I don't care who we are playing, if it's to go to the SB we NEED to win that game. Playing the Bears just adds some fuel to the fire. Not to mention Bears fans would never let us live it down if they beat us. :chisux:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Done.

Now you need to go back and please edit your post because your generalizing.
    Instead of "Nobody understands..." it should be "I don't understand...." since arrimike proves the contrary of "nobody."

7. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    they need to win so I dont get harassed at school, and cause there my favorite team :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    We need to beat them because a trip to the Super Bowl is on the line.

No other reason matters.

9. The PowerOfCheese

The PowerOfCheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    We need to beat the bares cuz they still suck.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    bc hoisting the halas trophy in chicago would pretty much shut every bear fan up any time they want to talk smack

11. GOBEARS

GOBEARS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    Wow, hold a grudge much?

It's spelled Bears. If we suck we wouldn't have won the division.

Bears fans are well aware of the Packers talent. Of course many won't tell you they know. We also absolutely know Packers are a Super Bowl caliber team. It's gonna be a great game. I wish the Bears and Packers an injury free day. I sure hope the Bears win cause then I'll be forced to root for the Packers, damn :)

12. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +327
    If I am looking to hire a grammar officer, you will be the first person I turn to. Until then, follow the rules and stop correcting spelling and grammar. No one cares and it just causes problems.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +173
    Why?

Restore glory to this franchises name, win our 13th World Title, repeat history and start another dynasty. This is the NFL's story book franchise and the Cinderella story hasn't or should NEVER end.

14. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Who cares what jerry jones thinks?

Win the SB because that is our goal

15. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +420
    Win this game to make Aaron's Championship belt dream come true. Win the next one so all the Packers can have rings to prove they are Champions and be forever known as a truly great football team.

16. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    If we won the game and Got the Halas Trophy in Chicago that would be insane.

17. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    Would be nice for them to get the Halas and the Lombardi.

18. Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +117
    I like what A.J. Hawk had to say about the Halas trophy, that it doesn't mean anything, it's just a requirement on the way to the ultimate goal.

19. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    I don't like what I am seeing. Too many articles quoting Packer players commenting on how good this team is or how that Packers are "Championship caliber" and too many pundits predicting a Packer win in the SB entirely skipping over this game.

Most of the articles I read quoting Bears players only show incredible respect for the Packers.

I also see more smack talk from the Packer fans on this forum than I do from the Bears fan guests, who mostly are far more humble.

Not good, guys. Are you losing that under-dog eye-of-the-tiger humility already?

• Like Like x 1
  20. packman_gb

packman_gb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah some of you are right, the no.1 goal is simply to beat the bears 'cause the SB is on the line; and no.2 to shut the entire bears nation!

21. css9450

css9450 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    They need to win to show all those Bears fans that getting the trophy isn't "automatic"; its still necessary to put more points on the board than the opponent. Seriously, some Bears fans carry on like they've already been handed the Lombardi trophy.

Glen Ellyn represent, yo!