1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Why is nobody talking about greg jennings?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerfury, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Packerfury

Packerfury Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    He's coming off 3 consecutive 100 yard games and in the last 7 games he has 43 catches 761 yards and 8 tds. In the last 7 games no receiver has more yards than him and only one (dwayne Bowe) has more tds. He's on pace for 1258 yds and 14 tds.

His route running and hands are sooooo underrated imo. That catch he made on the sidelines for a td was beautiful. Showed such strong hands and concentration with a corner draped on him. And he broke the corner's ankles so hard on that 2nd td. It was a beautiful thing.

Even madden has bumped him up lately(90-92). Yet nobody in the media seems to be talking about him.

With Dwayne Bowe getting shut out this week, there isn't a hotter reciever in football right now.

2. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Because his TD celebration is nonexistant -- I wanna see some Breakdancing Greg!!!

3. Munch

Munch NFL Owner

Ratings:
    +83
    Jennings is all business and I love him for that. Takes me back to Jerry Rice and Art Monk. He knows when to celibrate and that's at the end of the fourth quarter. Jennings and Driver are the ALPHA and the OMEGA.

• Like Like x 4
  4. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    Oh man! Way to go much on coining a new nickname!

5. DoubleC4

DoubleC4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    you cant talk about the packers on espn. i think its like a rule or something

6. dgreen1

dgreen1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats the unfortunate thing about being a Packer sometimes. Seems like a lot of our players are very under rated and never seem to get the press coverage that big city teams and markets get. Pretty Sad in IMO.

7. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    I'm certain that the coaching staff are aware of this, and how it can affect a players state-of-mind. Packers have a great reputation for keeping their players' egos in check.

At the same time, I want all our players to get credit and media-attention when they deserve it.

8. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    Secret weapon...shhhhhh
    :lipssealed::lipssealed:

9. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Jennings has been simply incredible the last several games. I'm predicting another 100 yard plus game this Sunday. I have a feeling we are going to be yelling touchdown Greg Jennings many many times!

And to hell with ESPN, the Pack gets mad love from us!!!

10. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +152
    Jennings is a beast!! If he didnt start out so slow he would be tracking 1500yds and about 18-20 tds :icon_eek:

11. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I personally think the Packers are officially under the radar again, good for us, we've played well from there.
    Beating Detroit this week will keep us there, I'm okay with it, I'm just delighted he's getting recognized in Packer Nation after kinda getting overshadowed by Finley a bit.
    One of those things you like to have as a problem, he's getting his throws now since Jermichael is out. WE all knew he was a monster.

12. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +278
    I'm completely against the OCHOSTINKO-BRAYLON-SANTONIO-OWENS-DESEAN way of Post-Touchdown-Actions...I resent it...I think it's goofy & shows lack of Character...Act like you've been there before...I like Jennings for his skills, but I LOVE Jennings for his sportsmanship, I admire a player that acts that way...a true professional.

[​IMG]

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Are you guys voting on him for the pro bowl? I am.

It doesn't matter what the talking heads say. I know he's a top 5 WR in the league.

14. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    I agree. I really wouldn't want to see him showboating, but in regards to touchdown celebrations... who the hell really cares.

15. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I kind of like it when Aaron does his Title Belt celebration. But I hate it when somebody does it against us and I fully admit being totally hypocritical. I also so like when Clay does his Predator Pose after a sack. I find it amusing and very catching. I mimic them, Clay's pose and very recently I stand up and put on the Title Belt when Rodger's gets a TD. I can't help it!

16. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +152
    LOL I love tht title belt too! I also mimic it when he scores a TD lol its AWESOME!!!!

17. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +119
    You know what's equally amusing? Vikes and Bears fans HATE HATE HATE Aaron's championship belt pose!

18. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    I'm sure it annoys the living hell out of Favre and his merry band of followers! :twisted:

19. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +278
    I do like both Rodgers People's Belt & Clay's Sack Pose...I don't like the Riverdance, Serving a TD, Standing on the Star, Dancing like a fool forcing a taunting penalty, walking into the endzone backwards....there's a difference

20. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Isn't the Lambeau Leap the ultimate celebration anyway???

21. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    That's one thing that worries me about those celebrations. What if a ref is a foul mood and calls a taunting or excessive celebration penalty? The first time T.O. danced on the Dallas Star was when he was with the Eagles and he got a penalty for it. Later when T.O. became a Cowboy, Cowboy's fans conveniently forgot how that celebration came to be.

The Lambeau Leap is classic and always the best!!!!

22. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    12 to 85 all day. Jennings is a beast no doubt. Regardless, he won't get press until he becomes obnoxious (won't happen) or has a nearly record breaking season. Otherwise, he'll just simply be known as our best receiver.

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    couple reasons

1. he only had 4 TDs last season
    2. He is quiet as a person
    3. Its all about Rodgers nationally
    4. The match ups except for this week have been bigger than any WR. Only so many stories you can cover after a game. Dallas - fired coach. Minn - fired coach. Falcons - two best NFC teams.

I cant stand these homer questions. Unless ESPN runs a 24 feed on the packers there will be people complaining. We have had a bunch of prime time games this season and a TON of national press.

24. Packerfury

Packerfury Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    Wow kid. Were all on the same team here. And ya, he had 4 tds, but he also had 1100 yards. That isn't a bad year. He actually finished with more yards than reggie wayne last year. And that was a "down year" And I never said I was complaining about the packers press, just Greg Jennings' press. I'm fine with the press we get, just jennings needs to start getting a piece of that press. All I'm saying is if he keeps up his pace of his last seven games, he'll finish this year with 1378 yards and 15 tds. Is that not that deserving of some press. And he's proved it wasn't some fluke. It's not like it's been inconsistency. His lowest total was yardage total was 74 yards and his lowest catch total was 5.

25. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,048
    Hey kid, you lost me at was.

where did you get this from? Since I cant understand what your saying I am going to assume your not saying this year, since he had several 2 catch games with well under 74 yrds.