Why is everyone talking about the wrong penalty?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok guys KEEP IT ON TOPIC about the penalty please

My apologies. I just get tired of the whole, "I'm a 'Packers fan' who enjoys seeing the Packers lose because they traded my man crush" crap that keeps coming from the guy's keyboard, so I blew a fuse.

Anyway, anyone know if there's an ignore button?

Edit- Found the ignore button. Much better!

On topic- While *****ing about the terrible officiating won't change what happened, it does call attention to the situation so things like this can hopefully be avoided in the future.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*awaits people to whine about "whining"*
People can whine about whinning all they want, except they provide some solid evidence that contradicts the complain, instead of the generic and conformist "it happens all the time", the complains about the officiating will be valid, and thus, will continue.

Fact is, we had played well enough to be in the game, and what decided the game was a helmet to helmet hit neglected and a facemask not called.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My apologies. I just get tired of the whole, "I'm a 'Packers fan' who enjoys seeing the Packers lose because they traded my man crush" crap that keeps coming from the guy's keyboard, so I blew a fuse.

Anyway, anyone know if there's an ignore button?

This is posted by Rob, I just copied it

"you can add people to your own personal "ignore list". Go to that users profile page and there is a link under their username called "Lists". Click on that and their is an options for ignore."

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People can whine about whinning all they want, except they provide some solid evidence that contradicts the complain, instead of the generic and conformist "it happens all the time", the complains about the officiating will be valid, and thus, will continue.

Fact is, we had played well enough to be in the game, and what decided the game was a helmet to helmet hit neglected and a facemask not called.

Exactly. I keep hearing about how we put up no defense, which is true, but neither did the Cards! We had every right to win that game, same as they did. And had we won, it wouldn't have been a "stolen" victory. The Cardinals didn't out play us so much that a win by us would have been a miscarriage of justice or anything like that.

It's my sincere hope that some of the fans of other teams calling us whiners get equally screwed by an obvious missed call. I would love to be able to point a finger at them and tell them what big whiners they are, especially after bashing us for airing our legitimate gripes.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You call giving up 51 points - IN THE PLAYOFFS - well enough???

I guess I'm in another galaxy far, far away. :)

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering that 13 of those 51 points shouldn't have counted if you actually agreed that there were non-calls.

Hauschild, how's your match-up argument holding up?

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering that 13 of those 51 points shouldn't have counted if you actually agreed that there were non-calls.

Yeah, and if my aunt had nutz, she'd be my uncle.

Hauschild, how's your match-up argument holding up?

Well, I'm sitting about 75% since this past weekend. I should have known Green Bay was overrated because I harped about the cupcake schedule all season - yet I let my homerism get the best of me again.

I'm actually kinda glad that Dallas and Minnesota haven't played this season because now I'll actually be watching the game like a normal fan would - completely clueless about what is unfolding.

I am going out on a limb to say Minnesota had an easy schedule in 2009 (actually it was the EASIEST - GB was 29th). Will this affect things on Sunday? Did it affect things for Green Bay last week??? Or asked another way, "Is a pig's ***, pork???"

This is all I know about Minnesota in 2009:

The Vikings have played 10 games on the turf this year. . .their eight home games, as well as games at Detroit and St. Louis.

Minnesota's record in those 10 games? 10-0.

Average points scored in those 10 games? 32.7

Average points allowed in those 10 games? 14.7

Based on the above, Dallas is in for a buzz-saw. However, this is where we have to take into account the fact Minnesota played the easiest schedule in 2009. All Day will be shut down again, but will Brett Favre get time to expose a suspect Dallas secondary??? THAT is the big question.

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:ranting:eek:h god, ive been a fan since i was little... i mean my dad raised me a packer fan... i cant recall a single game besides this one that i so called whined about! This crap needs to stop... Ya ok our defense gave up 51 points, hello theirs gave up 45 and would have been 51.. soooooooooooo inconclusion even with warner not making any mistakes we matched them in points making a ton of them... so not exactly the better team winning!:viksux::chisux::detsux:

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, I'm sitting about 75% since this past weekend. I should have known Green Bay was overrated because I harped about the cupcake schedule all season - yet I let my homerism get the best of me again.

I'm actually kinda glad that Dallas and Minnesota haven't played this season because now I'll actually be watching the game like a normal fan would - completely clueless about what is unfolding.

I am going out on a limb to say Minnesota had an easy schedule in 2009 (actually it was the EASIEST - GB was 29th). Will this affect things on Sunday? Did it affect things for Green Bay last week??? Or asked another way, "Is a pig's ***, pork???"

This is all I know about Minnesota in 2009:

The Vikings have played 10 games on the turf this year. . .their eight home games, as well as games at Detroit and St. Louis.

Minnesota's record in those 10 games? 10-0.

Average points scored in those 10 games? 32.7

Average points allowed in those 10 games? 14.7

Based on the above, Dallas is in for a buzz-saw. However, this is where we have to take into account the fact Minnesota played the easiest schedule in 2009. All Day will be shut down again, but will Brett Favre get time to expose a suspect Dallas secondary??? THAT is the big question.
And seriously a cupcake schedule??? really? cuz you guys(vikings) had about the same schedule as us and you only finished a game ahead of us. and you also lost to some pretty crappy teams just like us!:viksux:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You call giving up 51 points - IN THE PLAYOFFS - well enough???

I guess I'm in another galaxy far, far away. :)
No, I call giving up 45 points, when we also made 45 points, good enough to tie.

Or they changed the rule, and the away team needs to score one more point than the home team to tie the game?

Because all the talk about the game seems like we gave 45, but didn't also score 45.

Like we were blown out by the Cardinals, and deserved to lose.

When the fact is that we only lost because 2 terrible calls in sequence by the refs. Before that the game was tied, and we had the ball.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And seriously a cupcake schedule??? really? cuz you guys(vikings) had about the same schedule as us and you only finished a game ahead of us. and you also lost to some pretty crappy teams just like us!:viksux:

How is the 32nd and 29th easiest schedule NOT considered cupcake to you???

I'm slightly cornfused.

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh god did you see the teams you were playing... they rank the schedules before.. the teams usually turn out better and i highly doubt we had the 32nd easiest schedule dope... we would have had to win only 1 game... and the schedules are predetermined years in advance besides 1 or 2 games:morpheus:

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh god did you see the teams you were playing... they rank the schedules before.. the teams usually turn out better and i highly doubt we had the 32nd easiest schedule dope... we would have had to win only 1 game... and the schedules are predetermined years in advance besides 1 or 2 games:morpheus:

Again, you've failed to comprehend what I wrote - not that it is a big revelation and not that there is much to hang yer hat on having the 32nd easiest in comparison with the 29th.

Minnesota was THIRTY-SECOND. Green Bay was TWENTY-NINE.

Capeesh???:ranting:

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but it deserves to be here along with the discussion:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Even though the ball had just been thrown, the ref (is that Scott Green?) is not even looking where he is supposed to be.. I guess that is reason enough for why this wasn't called.

I watched this play over and over again, regular speed and slo-mo. One of the other cameras showed how much he jumped just to get Rodgers square in the chin.

Nothing will come of this though, hopefully we don't get this clown as a ref next year in any of our games.

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, you've failed to comprehend what I wrote - not that it is a big revelation and not that there is much to hang yer hat on having the 32nd easiest in comparison with the 29th.

so now that i get what your saying what is your point... you have the 32nd easiest schedule? KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you mean 32nd hardest schedule, and 29th hardest?

So in other words Minnesota had the easiest sched, with Green Bay's being 3rd easiest...

2009 NFL strength of schedule - ESPN

OP
OP
ThePerfectBeard

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread but it deserves to be here along with the discussion:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Even though the ball had just been thrown, the ref (is that Scott Green?) is not even looking where he is supposed to be.. I guess that is reason enough for why this wasn't called.

I watched this play over and over again, regular speed and slo-mo. One of the other cameras showed how much he jumped just to get Rodgers square in the chin.

Nothing will come of this though, hopefully we don't get this clown as a ref next year in any of our games.
beautiful that jjust ****** me off even more!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hilarious, acting like you've never said shoulda coulda woulda.

Well, I'm sitting about 75% since this past weekend. I should have known Green Bay was overrated because I harped about the cupcake schedule all season

LMAO, keep on being a hypocrite.

yet I let my homerism get the best of me again.

You picked the Vikes to win this weekend?? Must have missed it. ;)

Members online

Latest posts