Why do we take a time out late in the first half?

marksj

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK have not posted much before so here goes.Have been a Packer fan since 1964.Both my daughters and wife are super fans as well.I may not be getting this right as the game was ******* me at times.Did we take a time out with about 50 secs left when the giants had no time outs left?It seemed that they might have been just trying to run out the clock at that time or maybe a fg but our TO gave them time.I could be skewed in my thinking here.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't remember it was probably 3rd down so MM wanted the ball back cause they were at like their own 35 or 40 (ish). The next play was when Bradshaw ran that ridiculous run right through our defense for like 25 yards all the way across the field and out of bounds with like 6 seconds left. Couldn't even tackle him in bounds. Next play was the hail mary. That was SO BAD.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It reminded me of a Jason Garrett type of move. It was obvious that the Giants were just going to run out the clock. How the hell did the MM think he was going to have a shot at a FG when there were only 16 seconds left on the clock? He gave the Giants a second chance and payed very dearly for it.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually it reminded me of a Bret Bielema type move.

Most here know what I am talkin about.. The similarities are remarkable and undeniable.

L

Lunchboxer

Actually it reminded me of a Bret Bielema type move.

Most here know what I am talkin about.. The similarities are remarkable and undeniable.

Well the Diffrence Badgers has a compent Defence the Packers does not.

Bret Bielema will not do anything right when It comes to game/clock management. MM was bagin on the Giants not to get the first down which would of led to a punt. I dont think MM was expecting the D to give out that bad on a Hail mary like that.

That onside kick was a very brillent decision because MM knew the D could not do jack crap so he needed to try to get more possessions than the Giants.

OP
OP
M

marksj

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really might have made a difference in the game if we don't give up that score.We knew the defense was BAD.With the dropped balls fumbles and Rodgers playing like a mortal QB it was terrible.How many times has a team lost 1 game been the #1 seed and had the worst defense in the NFL?The bad news the offense had an average to below average nfl game.We just could not outscore our opponents this time.

Reaction score
What bothered me most about the time out was the Giants actually ran a running play and the Packers called timeout before the snap so the play did not count. It looked like the Giants were just trying to run out the clock. so after the timeout the Giants ran pretty much the same running play again and the Packers weren't prepared for it and Bradshaw busts off a 20+ yard run AND gets out of bounds. They showed the Pack what they were going to do. Why not run blitz or load the box to stop a run? If they stop Bradshaw or even keep him in bounds the clock runs out! That was a real coaching blunder!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts