1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Why didn't Rodgers tweet a special goodbye to Greg Jennings?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Pacal, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Tbone

Tbone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    You think they overpaid him? 9.5 a year isn't terrible, TT offered him 11 before last year. He's every bit as good as Wallace, at least for the next two years. After that he's not guaranteed anything. He said it himself, he wants more touches and to feel wanted. Listen to his Jim Rome interview.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    T.O. Jennings

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. mayo44

mayo44 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, 9.5M a year is too much for a guy coming off a year where he was injured so much. He's not 25 years old anymore.

4. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +838
    9.5 is way too much for a "me" guy on the backside of his career. If you are going to bitch about getting touches because its a contract year then take a hike and I think that is exactly the way TT played this.

5. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,557
    Yeah, but Becky puts out. It's all over Facebook. Can't you know?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,044
    For everybody (it seems) but you.

7. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +847
    So, I take it then, in the next two years when both Nelson and Jones are looking for a new contract 9.5 will be to much for them because they to will be on the "backside" of their careers.

8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,557
    Is that you, Becky? How's your sister doin'? ;)

9. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    As far as I'm concerned this issue is neither here nor there; impossible to talk about too much/not enough before the guys plays.

Why I can't get behind is a guy who pouts because his current team is "disrespecting" him with their proffered extension contract, and then goes out on the open market to "get paid" but eventually signs elsewhere for less than the extension offer and keeps pouting about it!
    Greg, I I get it, you're upset. But you have ONLY yourself to blame! You gambled and lost! You left money on the table because you, YOU!, over-estimated your value. Be made; fine. But don't be mad at the Packers. They were offering you more than the open-market decided you were worth. If anything, you should have MORE love for the Packers now, seeing as how they apparently offered you the largest contracts. Put on your big-boy pants, like you're always telling everyone you do, and how you're always telling everyone else to do, and take your medicine like a man.

Ungrateful prick. It all comes out in the wash. Holier than thou Christians infuriate me. When the sham falls apart, and people see you're not as perfect as try to convince them you are, you make the rest of us look like assholes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,557
    Actually, Jones' deal is up after 2013. Nelson has 2 years left. Neither of those guys are $9.5 million players. Cobb might get there if he continues to progress. He's in his third year, Jennings is gone. I expect a breakout year in 2013 or 2014.

11. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    BINGO!!!
    Isn't it funny that the Pats, or any of the other WR-strapped teams DID NOT think Jennings was worth close to that?
    Isn't it funny that only the Vikings thought Longwell, and Sharper, were also worth what the Vikings offered?

Jealousy..... you can keep signing our guys, but the ring total will remain at a GOOSE-EGG.

12. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,044
    Did you really mean HOW or did you typo and mean WHO? Obviously not you!

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I think the breakout year was last season when he set the franchise record for yardage in a season

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,188
    As far as I can tell no one here knows how much guaranteed money the Packers offered Jennings before the season. And if you don't know how much was guaranteed, there's no way to compare contracts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,557
    An all purpose yardage record padded with kick returns is not the kind of breakout that gets you the kind of money we were talking about.

I think more of him than you, evidently. I think he can be a 1200 yd. receiver.

16. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,177
    Wow Bozz, don`t hold back there bud.....say it like you feel it :roflmao:

17. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    How do you know if Jennings said goodbye in person? Tweeting Walden could have been the only goodbye. Why are we even speculating on this?

18. Pacal

Pacal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    It's not about telling the person directly your appreciation. It's about doing it publicly.

Rodgers has done it publicly on Twitter with many departing Packers, from Nick Barnett to Charles Woodson.

When he doesn't do it, it kind of sticks out.

19. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +847
    The bigger question is, "Who really cares and why does it matter?" Not like they were dating.

20. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983

>???????

21. Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +133
    Another reason Twitter is stupid...

22. weeds

weeds Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,071
    Nah...but they might be savvy enough to take the proverbial $11M when it's out there on the table... anyway ... I like Jennings. Sad to see him go. Same as I'll be sad to hold the door open for Jordy and James if they over-value their services as well.

Know what would be cool? Contracts that bind both parties to REAL terms. Real money. Not "cap" dollars. It's hard to blame guys like Jennings for leaving on $18million guaranteed money ... I mean, that's REAL money. The other $30M, he may never see because ownership can dump these guys at will. Hard to feel bad for players when you're talking about that many zeroes ... but ... you know...

23. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    What does a tweet have to do with anything?
    Who cares if Rodgers hates Jennings guts?
    What does any of it have to do with anything?
    GJ signed for more money with the Vikings. I would too. Players say stuff because their agents ask them to. Jennings isn't from here, he played here, much like if I had a job in Minnesota I'd still be a Packer fan. I'd work in Minnesota if the money was right.
    Folks, this is their job. They play pro football. You work as a carpenter. You'd leave your company for more bucks. Silly talk.
    Good luck to Greg and I promise you, Aaron Rodgers nor Greg Jennings has ever lost one second of sleep over it.

24. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,470
    If there was more a rift than any of us knew, and TT raised the bar for MN to pay, yet got a guy out of the locker room that wasn't gelling with our prized QB anymore....than we win, especially since WR is a position of plenty

• Like Like x 1
  25. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Plus TT has a good eye for WR talent.....keep an eye on the 5th round of this draft and watch him pull a gem.