Who's the odd man out next season??

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
James Jones won't be back but look at this list...

Jordy Nelson
Cobb
Devante Adams
Jeff Janis
Abby
Ty Montgomery

Does the emergence of Abby and Montgomery before he got hurt make Cobb expendable? Abby did so well in the slot against a solid secondary and Montgomery is basically Cobb 2.0. So would TT listen to offers fur Cobb? Would he shop Cobb? Maybe for a 2nd round pick? This team is going to be loaded at wr next year but we need a tightend who can be a game breaker and consistently beat coverage when he has a lb on him. RR is a solid backup but he's not the guy.

Maybe it's Devante Adams who should go? But he did so little this year I'm sure teams would negotiate for Cobbs services. All I know is Janis and Abby opened a lot eyes tonight and will only be better next year in their third seasons. Can't tell me Rodgers isn't a Janis backer now. You put two guys who can get deep on the outside in Jordy and Jeff Janis and let Abby and Cobb work the slot mixed in with Montgomery who can play outside or inside. If all those guys stay healthy next year when we revisit this threadRodgers wil be winning another MVP and throwing over 35-40 touchdowns. But the coaching staff loves Devante Adams so Janis may not ever get his chance in Green Bay smh. Nelson ain't going to at forever so they need to be grooming another outside threat. Ppl forget Jordy didn't really break out until like his 4th season. He was behind Jennings , Driver and James Jones. He got the exact thing said about him that Janis does now. How ironic.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Abby and Janis start out next year playing like they did today, they probably keep all six.

Cobb would have still have a hit of 9.75 million on our cap if he's traded so that's out.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None of them.

Edit: besides JJ.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
James Jones won't be back but look at this list...

Jordy Nelson
Cobb
Devante Adams
Jeff Janis
Abby
Ty Montgomery

Does the emergence of Abby and Montgomery before he got hurt make Cobb expendable? Abby did so well in the slot against a solid secondary and Montgomery is basically Cobb 2.0. So would TT listen to offers fur Cobb? Would he shop Cobb? Maybe for a 2nd round pick? This team is going to be loaded at wr next year but we need a tightend who can be a game breaker and consistently beat coverage when he has a lb on him. RR is a solid backup but he's not the guy.

Maybe it's Devante Adams who should go? But he did so little this year I'm sure teams would negotiate for Cobbs services. All I know is Janis and Abby opened a lot eyes tonight and will only be better next year in their third seasons. Can't tell me Ridgers isn't a Janis backer now. You put two guys who can get deep on the outside in Jordy and Jeff Janis and let Abby and Cobb work the slot mixed in with Montgomery who can play outside or inside. If all those guys stay healthy next year when we revisit this thread Ridgers wil be winning another MVP and throwing over 35-40 touchdowns. But the coaching staff loves Devante Adams so Janis may not ever get his chance in Green Bay smh.

Cobb is not going to be shopped...he just signed for a huge deal..

Are we sure Jordy will be back w/o skipping a beat? If anything, this maybe a group the team wont need to use draft picks on

Wont get in to the Janis issue, its been beating to death..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Didn't we already learn from Adams that it takes more then just a game or two to prove yourself? Hats off to Janis tonight, but by no means am I ready to declare him on the roster next year until he can prove he can run routes. Too many question marks at WR and not a lot of answers. Will Jordy come back 100%? and if he does....how does it influence the answers to the following....Will Cobb continue the less then average year he had this year? Is Montgomery legit? Is Adams good or bad? Will Abby stay healthy? Who is Jeff Janis? Is Jones lack of speed but great hands worth keeping?

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably JJ but these things usually work themselves out. Now the TE position....good god I don't want anyone back except RR and I want him to visit the gym and do something that will help him break a freaking tackle next year. There are tackling dummies that are harder to get down than him.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no need to keep James Jones. Love the guy but at this point he'd be just taking up a roster spot. He's not a #1 and he's not going to get the nod over A healthy Adams as the #2. Slot is out of the question. I can almost guarantee you TT takes a wr in the draft at some point. It may not be a huge priority now that we agree Abby and Janis can play a little but ...but I still say he takes one. What it does allow is for TT to go as early as 1st or 2nd rd for a tightend however. A big nimble guy with great hands. 6'5 4.5 40 speed would be perfect. Unless there's a ilb who's going to start from day one.

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably JJ but these things usually work themselves out. Now the TE position....good god I don't want anyone back except RR and I want him to visit the gym and do something that will help him break a freaking tackle next year. There are tackling dummies that are harder to get down than him.

He's just slow as dirt tho. If he's not wide open he's usually not going to get open. With him you don't have to really pay attention to the seems or him running by anyone. Man I miss Finley

LarrysCrookedFinger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no need to keep James Jones. Love the guy but at this point he'd be just taking up a roster spot. He's not a #1 and he's not going to get the nod over A healthy Adams as the #2. Slot is out of the question. I can almost guarantee you TT takes a wr in the draft at some point. It may not be a huge priority now that we agree Abby and Janis can play a little but ...but I still say he takes one. What it does allow is for TT to go as early as 1st or 2nd rd for a tightend however. A big nimble guy with great hands. 6'5 4.5 40 speed would be perfect. Unless there's a ilb who's going to start from day one.

Jones should clearly be gone. But I fail to see what you see in Adams. He's slow. He has terrible hands. He has probably the worst YAC ability of any of our WRs. I see Adams fighting to make the roster next year.

As for TE, draft Hunter Henry in the first round and be done with it for the next 8-10 years. Size, speed, quickness, route running, hands, blocking... he's the total package. Rodgers would LOVE this kind of guy on his team. Pro-Bowl caliber. He's what you'd get if you put a brain in Gronktard's head.

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure the WR position is the key to winning another SB. Until they can find a way to handle pressure what does it matter? The Packers are 1-8-1 in OT games under MM. 0-4 in the playoffs in OT. All 4 of those OT loses were quick defeats. Again the special teams hurt the team and the defense collapsed in the fourth quarter and OT. Sure it would help if the offense scored more but it seems that once the team has a lead like last night the intensity wanes. The Packers would lose a shoot out or a lower scoring game. Right now the x's and o's and even personnel aren't as important as the psychological impairment that the team shows in tight payoff games.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams will be fighting for a roster spot during the off season and preseason. I wont be shocked to see us draft another WR in the early/mid rounds with legit speed/size ratio to avoid the situation we were in this year.

We also need a legit TE who can stretch a D down the seams.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Adams will be fighting for a roster spot during the off season and preseason. I wont be shocked to see us draft another WR in the early/mid rounds with legit speed/size ratio to avoid the situation we were in this year.

We also need a legit TE who can stretch a D down the seams.
Our WRs were good enough if we had "a legit TE who can stretch a D down the seams."

Members online

Latest posts