1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Who the heck is this guy?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Oshkoshpackfan, Oct 16, 2012.

1. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Packers claimed RB Johnny White off waivers from buffalo.....ok.....who is this no name dude? Never heard of him before. I know we have a need at RB with all the latest injuries, but c'mon...who is this guy. Hopefully he is a no name guy that got waived and has a need to show himself and can run hard. Don't know how much that bears running back Kalil bell (sp?) would have cost us, but I have seen that cat play and he can run decent, wonder why we didn't pick him up? Money most likely.

2. KCBIGDOG

KCBIGDOG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    He was drafted by the bills in the 5th round in 2011. I read he was a special team monster with North Carolina. Was a teammate of Ryan Taylor. Heis suppose to be a good zone runner - one cut and go kind of guy. He also played DB and WR at North Carolina. Picked up mostly to take Saine's place on special teams IMO

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    He got cut due to Fred Jackson/CJ Spiller. More of a ham and egger, but the scouting report that this White guy could blossom ala Ryan Grant.

4. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +995
    Nobody knows football talent better than Ted Thompson, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Well I hope he pans out, we don't need another " good enough guy", I want another break out guy on our team.

6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Just curious, how much did you know about Ryan Grant when we acquired him?

Running backs can come from anywhere and a big name more than likely means they failed somewhere along the way and are living off the name.

7. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Never said a word about Ryan grant, where are you getting that from? I also do know about hidden jems and late round picks that pan out to be heros, this guys name just does not ring any bells, so that is why I asked.

8. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    Overall I don't disagree but as far as running backs I don't think he has been that great

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    ^ That I can agree with. lol.

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,955
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-buffalo-bills-2011-nfl-draft-scouting-report

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles/johnny_white_scouting_report/4611811

11. Alex

Alex Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +213
    I hope this guy pans out. It boggles my mind how every team as two good solid running backs and we dont have one.

12. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +995
    Gee, maybe the offensive line has something to do with our running back production.

13. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    Where am I getting Ryan grant from? I pointed him out as an example.

14. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    I don't know that this is true. Clearly Thompson sees RB as a "cheap" position. He doesn't pay RBs huge money, he doesn't pick them high in the draft. So I think we need to at least "grade him on a curve". The fact that he doesn't pick top talent at RB doesn't mean he doesn't know top talent at RB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Ok, thought you were saying that I was reffering to Grant in some way or another.

16. tynimiller

tynimiller Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +91
    EXACTLY...TT sees RB as a door that can be ever changing unless a guy sticks for cheap. Our style isn't to pay big money to a RB when we're not a running team...I like what TT does with drafting mid-round-late even non-drafted every year and seeing who develops. I think the year we go out and draft a stud or sign a big RB is the day TT realizes Aaron's on his downswing and a stud RB makes the transition A LOT easier.

17. burt packerack

burt packerack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    i wish the packers would have looked at Evan Royster of the Redskins. He had a bunch of great runs last year and he has amazing vision. The skins hardly even use him anymore.