Who Really Picked Jamal Reynolds?

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK. OK. I admit it. I picked Jamal Reynolds. Ron Wolf picked up the phone and dialed my number - completely at random - and asked me who we should draft.

I'm sorry, everybody. It was a bad pick and I should have seen it coming and done my homework and been more prepared.

Now can we please stop playing coulda, shoulda, woulda with the past?

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this talk of bad drafts under former Packer GM/HC Mike Sherman , Ron Wolf is in the Past. it doesn't change a thing. Jamal Reynolds is not first high draft choice to fail. All NFL teams have had high draft choices fail, especially Heisman trophy winners at QB position.

There is no sure thing no matter what position in the draft a NFL team picks a football player. It has been that way since 1936 when the NFL draft started. One only has to look up at all the drafts the Packers have participated in since 1936 and who made the Packer roster for each year

I have a great book called Green Bay Packers- A Measure of Greatness by Eric Goska. This book contains Season summaries from 1919 to present-Every team photo, Roster, and draft list. Complete Statistics & All-time records. It is available through Krause Publications. Email www.krause.com. Price is somewhere in the $15.00 range . My copy covers through the 2003 season. I don't think it has been updated for 2004, 2005 & 2006 as yet. I bought my 2nd Edition copy earler this year.

I went through Packer drafts and compared the names of ones that made the Packer rosters through the years. . You will be surprised with results of the drafts and you will understand how tough it is to draft quality football players. It is easy for "Monday Morning Quarterbacks" on Packer forum to complain after they know how draftees turnout 1, 2 and 3 years later. after they were drafted by the Packers.

I have been through all NFL drafts in the last 60 years, and there have been many more misses by the Packers than successes in NFL draft picks and it is that way for all NFL teams.

Members online

Latest posts