Who needs to go this off season and what needs do we need to fill?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love for us to take Jahvid Best but I don't think he is worth a first round pick at this point. The way I see it, the packers will take a lineman in the first round and then hopefully TT trades away our fourth round pick (there aren't really any good fourth round prospects) and something else to move up in the second round. With the traded second round pick we get jahvid while with our regular second rounder we have to get a DB.
I like the way you think, mister.

OP
OP
AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Rather have Spiller than Best, but Best I think would also be a great upgrade on our backfield.

I don't remember who said it, but we have a very good running game. But not one teams fear. They only play Aaron Rodgers.

If we had a back that teams feared, then our offense would be on another level.

Offensive line needs to be better for our offense to be on another level. Improving our run blocking and pass blocking will make Rodgers and Grant look MUCH better. I haven't looked at who is available in the draft at the guard position, but frankly if we don't take a guard and safety with our first two picks I will be disappointed.

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a left tackle more than a guard. I think Spitz can move over and cover guard since Wells is playing so well. Hopefully they'll draft for skill at the position rather than pure athleticism and he possibility that a lineman can play any of the roles on the line. It hasn't worked out well with them shuffling everyone around.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need a left tackle more than a guard. I think Spitz can move over and cover guard since Wells is playing so well. Hopefully they'll draft for skill at the position rather than pure athleticism and he possibility that a lineman can play any of the roles on the line. It hasn't worked out well with them shuffling everyone around.
I thrust more Lang at tackle than I do Colledge and Spitz as guard.

Colledge has been nothing better than mediocre his whole career.

And Spitz was the second worst OL we used this year.

Lang, on the other hand, though suited best at RT, has only improved at LT, playing very well down the stretch.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been critical of Hawk for the past 2 years, I admit I got on his bandwagon the second half of the season. He is a great team mate, but he is an average player with as many strong suits as weaknesses.

For this team and defense to take it up another notch we need a dynamic player at the inside LB position. I believe our secondary is taking a lot of blame for that playoff loss when our front 7 was not able to stop the run or put pressure on Warner. We have one good pass rusher with our starting LBs (Mathews). Jones will improve with an off season NFL workout program. I think Hawk and Barnett are who they are.

Combine this with Hawk's big contract and Chillar being resign, I say he would be good trade bait to get a veteran Left tackle. Say Hawk and Nelson plus a 2nd round pick or something.

In the draft you pick the best player available, if that happens to be an inside LB this year, that would be great.

Improvement in our pass rushing from our front 7 will make a lot of the problems in our secondary go away with the talent we already have. Our pass rushing/blitzing was a concern for Dom Capers against the vikings, Steelers, and the Cardinals. That was a major weakness that Dom struggled with when he faced a good QB.

An example of Dom Capers concerns about Hawk's effectiveness can be illustrated in the first Lions game where Hawk (healthy) only got 9 reps in a shut out. A 6 million dollar man sitting the bench.

Hawk needs to go, should have been gone this year. Just look at the Jets with Vernon Gholston, they realize their mistake and are going to do something about it.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been critical of Hawk for the past 2 years, I admit I got on his bandwagon the second half of the season. He is a great team mate, but he is an average player with as many strong suits as weaknesses.

For this team and defense to take it up another notch we need a dynamic player at the inside LB position. I believe our secondary is taking a lot of blame for that playoff loss when our front 7 was not able to stop the run or put pressure on Warner. We have one good pass rusher with our starting LBs (Mathews). Jones will improve with an off season NFL workout program. I think Hawk and Barnett are who they are.

Combine this with Hawk's big contract and Chillar being resign, I say he would be good trade bait to get a veteran Left tackle. Say Hawk and Nelson plus a 2nd round pick or something.

In the draft you pick the best player available, if that happens to be an inside LB this year, that would be great.

Improvement in our pass rushing from our front 7 will make a lot of the problems in our secondary go away with the talent we already have. Our pass rushing/blitzing was a concern for Dom Capers against the vikings, Steelers, and the Cardinals. That was a major weakness that Dom struggled with when he faced a good QB.

An example of Dom Capers concerns about Hawk's effectiveness can be illustrated in the first Lions game where Hawk (healthy) only got 9 reps in a shut out. A 6 million dollar man sitting the bench.

Hawk needs to go, should have been gone this year. Just look at the Jets with Vernon Gholston, they realize their mistake and are going to do something about it.
There has been talk about Hawk and a 2nd for Cromartie and a 3rd.

That would be swell...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts