1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Who needs to go this off season and what needs do we need to fill?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by AllouezPackerFan, Jan 25, 2010.

1. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    Obviously our offensive line and defensive backfield need to be shored up. Saying that, we obviously have solid players in both areas. We also clearly have weak links in both spots. I don't mean to rag on the guy, but I just don't know how we can get to where we want to be with Atari Bigby on the field. He's such a liability in pass coverage. Obviously Al Harris and Will Blackmon being injured was a HUGE blow to our defense. Tremon Williams would be a good nickle back, but he's not good enough to consistently start in my opinion. All that said, at the beginning of the season I still thought Bigby was probably our weakest link on defense.

I also still believe we could get trade value for Aaron Kampmen. He's just not a 3-4 guy. He's a 4-3 dual purpouse d-end. I believe we should have traded him once Dom Capers got hired. Thoughts?

2. GBFANATIC

GBFANATIC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Interesting point on Bigby being a liability on the field. I do love his intensity and huge hits though. All in all I don't see a better defensive backfield than that of a healthy Al Harris, Charles Woodson, and Nick Collins. When the injuries took place thats when we saw Jarrett Bush getting more playing time and opposing points get put on the board. Al and Charles are getting older so we do need to get some younger (quality) guys on the depth charts.... On the Kampman note.... the only way we would get trade value out of him is if we sign him to a new contract because he is a free agent that will definately be looking around to other venues this off season.

3. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339
    Fair point. Forgot he was a free agent this year. My bad.

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    Keep MASON CROSBY !!!!!!!!!!

5. GB2009

GB2009 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    TT should tell Bigby to gain 40 or 50 pounds and become the inside linebacker. He comes up with huge hits and in coverage comes up with huge misses.

6. GBFANATIC

GBFANATIC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    probably gonna catch some grief for this one.... let's put a.j. hawk's money to better use and trade him away

7. GBFANATIC

GBFANATIC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    and please NO MORE MASON CROSBY!!! a missed field goal in five straight games is unacceptable!

8. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339
    I agree with you about Hawk. We are so deep at linebacker and have greater needs in other areas. Also I don't believe he has performed as well as a 5th overall pick should perform. Crosby also needs to go. He missed too many important field goals in the last 6 games of the season.

9. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Jarrett Bush

10. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Look at my sig he must stay :)

11. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339
    Hahahaha, how can you love a kicker? I suppose I loved Chris Jacke

12. KilrB

KilrB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +99
    No flack from me. His salary for next year is higher than his value to the Packers. He needs to take a pay cut or get traded.

Like I saw in another thread on this board someone offered up the idea of trading Hawk for Josh Cribbs!

That is something the Packers are lacking ATM. A play maker how can score anytime they touch the ball.

13. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Now that i'm thinking of this:

Donald Lee
    Bigby
    Giordano
    Harrell
    Kampman
    Barbre
    Brandon Jackson
    Harrell (listed twice, for emphasis)
    Hall or Kuhn (no reason to have 3 fullbacks on a roster)
    Josh Bell

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Brandon Jackson will stay. I can put money on that...
    and you forgot to mention Bush...

15. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I mentioned him in giant red letters further up in the thread. :lol:

16. AllouezPackerFan

Ratings:
    +339
    I agree....no need for three fullbacks. I prefer Kuhn to Hall, and I think Quinn Johnson will start next year. Harrell needs to go. Bush....obviously, Bigby, for sure. I agree with getting rid of Donald Lee. Havner is a cheaper option and I think he's a better blocker for our second tight end. I think Hawk needs to be traded, and as much as I hate to see it, because I admire Kampman so much, he needs to go too. Doesn't fit with our defensive system.

17. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    I asked someone to make me that sig, Its great dont you think?

18. 3irty1

3irty1 Fear the Dreads!

Ratings:
    +115
    I think the maker did an amazing job. As to who we need to trade? GRANT! until about half way, then we trade back for him.

19. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    :lol:

That's a solid plan. :good:

20. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Hmm I'm not ready to give up Bigby just yet. Even if we do find a replacement for him he would be the best backup safety in the NFL. However I also find that if we do try to get rid of him we should trade him, he will definitely generate tons of interest.

21. Green_Bay_Packers

Ratings:
    +113
    Yeah the maker was fablous on my sig, Who in the hell would trade a player and then ask for them back halfway through a season?

Seems pointles to me Keep Grant :D

22. cantstop12to85

cantstop12to85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I would only trade Grant if we had a better option waiting for us, like perhaps Jahvid Best, remember that if he's still around for our pick in the draft that TT is likely to want to pick him up. If that becomes an option then Ryan Grant would be great material for a trade. But that would be taking a chance on a rookie and giving away a solid running back with 2 1200 yard seasons for a rookie that was pretty damn good in college

23. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    It would take a proven vet for me to want to part with Grant. I envision Best with Grant. Thunder, lightning, all that crap.

24. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Rather have Spiller than Best, but Best I think would also be a great upgrade on our backfield.

I don't remember who said it, but we have a very good running game. But not one teams fear. They only play Aaron Rodgers.

If we had a back that teams feared, then our offense would be on another level.

25. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    I would love for us to take Jahvid Best but I don't think he is worth a first round pick at this point. The way I see it, the packers will take a lineman in the first round and then hopefully TT trades away our fourth round pick (there aren't really any good fourth round prospects) and something else to move up in the second round. With the traded second round pick we get jahvid while with our regular second rounder we have to get a DB.