• Clements

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Capers

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The answer is all of the above if they don't make the playoffs after starting 6-0. Honestly it is Dom Capers hands down. he has had ample time to form a D. He isn't getting it done.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The answer is all of the above if they don't make the playoffs after starting 6-0. Honestly it is Dom Capers hands down. he has had ample time to form a D. He isn't getting it done.
3 points in 3 quarters and 9 punts and leading league in 3 and outs and you think the defense is still the problem. that was the follow up to losing yards and adding a turn over on 5 of 6 first half possessions last week, which was the follow up to a 70 yard passing day for Mr. MVP. But you're right, it has to be Capers LOL

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 points in 3 quarters and 9 punts and leading league in 3 and outs and you think the defense is still the problem. that was the follow up to losing yards and adding a turn over on 5 of 6 first half possessions last week, which was the follow up to a 70 yard passing day for Mr. MVP. But you're right, it has to be Capers LOL
Look at the larger picture...the problem has been lingering for quite some time, a horrendous D that cannot stop ANY decent offense. Detroit is excluded from that list.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is running for his life. O line my friend.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Aaron Rodgers? As wacko as that sounds, he has looked very average for quite awhile now. Keep in mind he makes more than $1 million per game and has his performance been at that level?
Prediction: when a team locates to LA, he will want to be traded there.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about Aaron Rodgers? As wacko as that sounds, he has looked very average for quite awhile now. Keep in mind he makes more than $1 million per game and has his performance been at that level?
Prediction: when a team locates to LA, he will want to be traded there.
I will say it now. The notion that Rodgers is the problem is RIDICULOUS.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is running for his life. O line my friend.
no kidding, i've been saying that since last year and before that. Our oline has been overrated before and terrible right now. But how does that equate to Caper's fault?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at the larger picture...the problem has been lingering for quite some time, a horrendous D that cannot stop ANY decent offense. Detroit is excluded from that list.
you do realize our offense played against the Lions yesterday right? we can't have a 100 million dollars tied up in a QB and a couple very highly paid receivers and olinemen and expect to have a shut down defense that can withstand the positions our offense, and yesterday or special teams put us in. It's not realistic to expect that level of performance week in and week out from a defense. Sure there are defenses that can do it, they also aren't paying the people on offense that we are. and when they don't perform like they're being paid to do, things go south quickly.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you do realize our offense played against the Lions yesterday right? we can't have a 100 million dollars tied up in a QB and a couple very highly paid receivers and olinemen and expect to have a shut down defense that can withstand the positions our offense, and yesterday or special teams put us in. It's not realistic to expect that level of performance week in and week out from a defense. Sure there are defenses that can do it, they also aren't paying the people on offense that we are. and when they don't perform like they're being paid to do, things go south quickly.
well, typically with good coaching, the coaches ADJUST to what puts strengths and success first. I am not seeing it at all currently.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knee jerk.

Knee jerk, like most terms, is subjective. However, I interpret it as meaning an inappropriately quick reaction. After the first loss, maybe. After the second loss, well, sort of. After this one, probably not.

D

Deleted member 6794

You have inside information that says TT never tried?

An NFL source confirmed that the Packers didn't inquire about Davis. The information was posted in an article in the Press Gazette.

Sure there are defenses that can do it, they also aren't paying the people on offense that we are. and when they don't perform like they're being paid to do, things go south quickly.

The Packers actually spend more money on the defense. The team ranks 9th in the league in cap space allocated towards that side of the ball while being 18th on offense.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An NFL source confirmed that the Packers didn't inquire about Davis. The information was posted in an article in the Press Gazette.

The Packers actually spend more money on the defense. The team ranks 9th in the league in cap space allocated towards that side of the ball while being 18th on offense.
You're right, teams with historically very strong defenses always have one of the highest paid qb's in the league on offense and 2 very highly paid WR's and 2 very highly paid OL in a guard and RT. WTF was I thinking. I know you'll go find some stat with a cap number for THIS particular year that says differently negating signing bonuses and other years of very high compensation against some of the newest contracts that might be higher, but it doesn't change the fact that you typically don't see teams with great defenses paying the guys we do on offense.

I knew when I typed it that would be your response. When Pittsburgh paid their WB and a receiver, their D suffered. The Ravens paid their qb, and the defense that took them to and won a super bowl is gone. Seattle got to pay 3rd round rookie money to their QB, I predict their D will suffer in the future when that's no longer the case.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, in this business, the only important spot on the resume is having NFL experience. One doesn't have to be productive, some team will give you a job (recycle you) just because you had one in the league before.

D

Deleted member 6794

You're right, teams with historically very strong defenses always have one of the highest paid qb's in the league on offense and 2 very highly paid WR's and 2 very highly paid OL in a guard and RT. WTF was I thinking. I know you'll go find some stat with a cap number for THIS particular year that says differently negating signing bonuses and other years of very high compensation against some of the newest contracts that might be higher, but it doesn't change the fact that you typically don't see teams with great defenses paying the guys we do on offense.

I knew when I typed it that would be your response. When Pittsburgh paid their WB and a receiver, their D suffered. The Ravens paid their qb, and the defense that took them to and won a super bowl is gone. Seattle got to pay 3rd round rookie money to their QB, I predict their D will suffer in the future when that's no longer the case.

Great way to deal with being proven wrong. The Packers have been spending more on the defensive side of the ball for several seasons now.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ridiculous thread.

Normally I agree, but when you lose 3 in a row, the latest being to the worst team in the nfl that has no defense yet we make em look like the legion of boom, there are not small problems going on, there are bigger ones than you think.

Are they correctable in-season? I think and I hope so, but there is literally no reason a team of our caliber should be looking this anemic week in and week out.

Members online

Latest posts