• Clements

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Capers

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, these are the Green Bay Packers under Ted Thompson & Mike McCarthy. It took Shawn Slocum 6 years of putrid coaching and an all-time pathetic performance on national TV in the NFC Championship before Coach Mac finally pulled the trigger on his close buddy Shaun.

And besides guys, the Pack won the Super Bowl back in 2012 doncha know.

Actually their last Super Bowl win was in 2010. February 2011 to be precise.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There will be no purge in season; though Detroit did that and they did win today. But this game changes the entire complexion of the season going forward. The Packers are no longer Super Bowl material and if they don't find answers to their struggles fast they may not even make the playoffs.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not if the JS and Green Bay PG have anything to say about it they won't. Trust me I totally expect a loud noise to be made calling out this offensive coaching staff for its reaking.

You mean the BENIGN Wisconsin press (as McGinn oh so correctly labeled them)?

Don't make me laugh, when national reporters were skewering McCarthy for his choke job in the NFC Championship game the vast majority of the Wisconsin press was telling everyone in the state to be patient, we got great coaches, the best GM in the league yada, yada, yada.

Only in Green Bay could Mike McCarthy be considered a top flight coach by getting to 1 Super Bowl in 10 years with back to back Hall of Fame QBs.

McCarthy will tell everyone, everything is fine, the homers will tell us we could be Cleveland, Jacksonville, or Detroit (well maybe no Detroit this week).

Watch and see, the apologists will be out in force to protect Mike & Ted with vigor this week.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante drops way too many balls. It's incredibly frustrating.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante drops way too many balls. It's incredibly frustrating.
I'm fine with an occasional drop, but if a receiver doesn't make clutch catches, he's useless. Dropped TD vs. NE last year= not clutch. Dropped game typing 2 pt. conversion= not clutch.

But hey, at least he can do cool dunks.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean the BENIGN Wisconsin press (as McGinn oh so correctly labeled them)?

Don't make me laugh, when national reporters were skewering McCarthy for his choke job in the NFC Championship game the vast majority of the Wisconsin press was telling everyone in the state to be patient, we got great coaches, the best GM in the league yada, yada, yada.

Only in Green Bay could Mike McCarthy be considered a top flight coach by getting to 1 Super Bowl in 10 years with back to back Hall of Fame QBs.

McCarthy will tell everyone, everything is fine, the homers will tell us we could be Cleveland, Jacksonville, or Detroit (well maybe no Detroit this week).

Watch and see, the apologists will be out in force to protect Mike & Ted with vigor this week.
And those that just live for things to go wrong so they can pounce on the fire everyone wagon will be out in force too.

DaveRoller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Careful folks, criticizing 2nd round pick Davante Adams might be construed by some as not properly showing appreciation for the best GM in the NFL.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Careful folks, criticizing 2nd round pick Davante Adams might be construed by some as not properly showing appreciation for the best GM in the NFL.
We all know he's going to find somebody better in the 6th round next year than Vernon Davis. That's why he didn't try to trade for him.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers keep their issues in-house so we will probably never really know what's going on with this team.

What we can deduce is they lost Jordy Nelson, Eddie Lacy disappeared. McCarthy turned the running of the offense over to Tom Clements, Alex Van Pelt and Aaron Rodgers, Ty Montgomery has been injured and Davante Adams' progression has been interrupted by injury absence, Andrew Quarless has been another injury, reports are the o-line is banged up, for some reason Jeff Janis is on the roster but isn't good enough to be worked in some way.

Opponents now have "the book" on the Packers and they aren't finding ways to beat that by execution or doing something new to counter what the opponents are doing against them.And the members aren't able to get on the same page with each other on the field.

The defense might be enough to get by if the offense is working but since it's not the D is breaking under the strain.

We can only draw our own conclusions.

Last edited:

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears destroying Rams. If we lose today and against the Vikings, it could be the worst Thanksgiving ever...

I think it will be. Cutler has sucked in 12 straight games against us. He's due for a great game against us.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team should do the right thing for Aaron Rodgers and trade him to a team with a coaching staff. Packers have totally wasted his talents.

Incredible how this organization can waste the talents of 2 straight HOF QBs.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it will be. Cutler has sucked in 12 straight games against us. He's due for a great game against us.

Until today the Lions had lost 24 straight to the Packers at Lambeau. So why not Da Bears throwing another wrench into the season.

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have had a change of heart....we do need some changes......:(

Last edited:

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching McCarthy's presser after today's debacle http://www.packers.com/media-center...ugh-game/be24ae47-17f3-4553-b4ef-5dda4b7a9be4 I couldn't help but think of how Andy Reid's long and generally successful tenure with the Eagles came to an end. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8598711/loss-confirms-andy-reid-end-philly-near.

Reid ran dry after 14 years of mostly playoff seasons. And, if memory serves, near the end he, too, gave up his longstanding practice of calling the plays in the game.

Watching his expression and listening to him really say nothing about what gives with his team makes me think he's out of ideas himself. Allowing for him not wanting to say much to the public.

MM has been coaching the Packers now for ten years. Only Curly Lambeau did longer. Maybe he's running down or the team isn't buying from him the way it used to. The rest of the season will tell.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching McCarthy's presser after today's debacle http://www.packers.com/media-center...ugh-game/be24ae47-17f3-4553-b4ef-5dda4b7a9be4 I couldn't help but think of how Andy Reid's long and generally successful tenure with the Eagles came to an end. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8598711/loss-confirms-andy-reid-end-philly-near.

Reid ran dry after 14 years of mostly playoff seasons. And, if memory serves, near the end he, too, gave up his longstanding practice of calling the plays in the game.

Watching his expression and listening to him really say nothing about what gives with his team makes me think he's out of ideas himself. Allowing for him not wanting to say much to the public.

MM has been coaching the Packers now for ten years. Only Curly Lambeau did longer. Maybe he's running down or the team isn't buying from him the way it used to. The rest of the season will tell.

The comparison to Reid is incorrect because Reid was also the GM and doing dual roles of GM and head coach can be very taxing. You could argue the one mistake that Reid made in light of McNabb's departure was hitching his wagon to Michael Vick who like in Atlanta, turned downhill quick and caused the ship to crash.

No I don't want MM gone, he's made some mistakes but I still don't think he's reached Sean Payton territory yet.

I think losing his brother, perhaps thinking that he might be able to help all around coach the team better by trying to step back and manage games more or something, maybe he thought he would best be served by making changes like he has.

Problem is they simply haven't worked out the way he thought.

It'd be foolish in my opinion to just start burning the whole house down now and throwing Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy out the door, I know many of you don't like the not grabbing of free agents stuff, but I don't see our building teams through drafts being the biggest problem. I think it's more that changing the way things are done in coaching and running a team doesn't always mean change for the better.

OP
OP
A

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree. Not saying McCarthy needs to go. But no matter what. After this year, this team needs some coaching changes. This team has grown stale and teams have figured them out. I'm praying they finally pull the trigger on Capers, maybe mccarthy take back play calling

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting MM should quit or be fired. Just sayin' there's some things appearing or adding up here that indicate the Packers' recent struggles are deeper and more serious than we thought.

Watch the coach's and quarterback's eyes and body language on the sideline during games and at the podium in their press conferences. Listen to the cliches and the "I don't really know what's wrong" and "we just have to play better" without really identifying anything about what it is or what they can do about it. http://www.packers.com/media-center...-16-loss/3117b034-50dd-4db3-8062-1850d701b11b

We've seen it in other places before the fall.

Last edited:

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not suggesting MM should quit or be fired. Just sayin' there's some things appearing or adding up here that indicate the Packers' recent struggles are deeper and more serious than we thought.

Watch the coach's and quarterback's eyes and body language on the sideline during games and at the podium in their press conferences. Listen to the cliches and the "I don't really know what's wrong" and "we just have to play better" without really identifying anything about what it is or what they can do about it. http://www.packers.com/media-center...-16-loss/3117b034-50dd-4db3-8062-1850d701b11b

Watch the "Mike McCarthy" show every week, all you here from him are worthless cliche's.

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score

People who know me, and usually get mad at my relentless optimism will be shocked when I say that I actually agree with this. Just watching this team, the coaches, they are just going bonkers trying to figure out what is wrong. I think MM is a good coach, but maybe his time here is done. Change is sometimes good. Not all coaches that get fired are bad, some just don't fit any more........ I can't believe I am saying this....but yes, this team needs some changes. And as far as Rodgers goes, yes, he has had some slumps before, but this is not a slump.....something is wrong, very wrong.

Latest posts