• Clements

Votes: 29 64.4%
  • Capers

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Pardon me, I was off by a week. I thought he was fired after the KC game going into the bye, not 2 weeks before.and again, stats don't tell the entire story. They played MN, Seattle, Denver and AZ. No defenses there. Since they've scored 10, 18, 13, and 45. Meanwhile the defense has gone from giving up 30 to giving up 15. But it probably was the firing of the OC
Yup, because the DC knew he would be next and pulled his head out of his butt.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at what the Lions have done since changing their OC. They were 1-7 before, now they are 3-0. What C00oter has done is simplified the offense and is getting much more production out of the offense. The Packers coaches are way too damn stubborn and their ability to adjust to the players strengths is terrible.

The Patriots continue to play well without anyone relevant in the receivers group. Because they are calling plays, coaching to the guys they have.

I think McCarthy and Clements are over complicating things for a very young group and that is what's going to cost them this season. They are thinking too much and causing them to drop balls, run wrong routes, Rodgers trying to make up with bad throws and trying too hard to make the play for the receivers. Sometimes, simple is better.

The Dolphins fired coaches and didn't get any better. The Browns have gone through a new offensive coordinator for the last five or six years in a row and are terrible offensively annually. Lombardi going to the Lions originally was a change and the offense was worse. The Bears with Trestmen weren't any good after Smith.

There is no guarantee at all a new OC makes a team better. Using a small 3 game stretch on one team is not a good sample size at all.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Dolphins fired coaches and didn't get any better. The Browns have gone through a new offensive coordinator for the last five or six years in a row and are terrible offensively annually. Lombardi going to the Lions originally was a change and the offense was worse. The Bears with Trestmen weren't any good after Smith.

There is no guarantee at all a new OC makes a team better. Using a small 3 game stretch on one team is not a good sample size at all.

I agree that changing a coach doesn't guarantee any success but there have been a lot of teams improving with a new staff as well.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Change tends to come slowly in Packerland. Maybe some people get shuffled around, maybe Capers "retires".

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you ask me, the main thing this team lacks is heart... Determination. I swear when I watch them run routes or even Aaron throwing half the time. It just feels like you are watching then "go through the motions". Then all of sudden when the game is nearly out of reach they start no huddle, the routes seem cleaner and faster, pass are more accurate. Like WTF. Show that urgency all the time and you wouldn't be in this situations.

So I think for me I blame this on all leadership. There is no one on this team that gets them motivated. That fires them up. McCarthy certainly doesn't, Rodgers isn't that kind of leader, not sure we have that.

If I had a vote, I'd like to see McCarthy replaced with someone that is willing to hold Aaron a little more accountable, someone that gives the feeling that he controls the team. I have never really been a fan of the "players coach" type. I'd much rather have a guy that holds everyone accountable. That way, if Capers is failing, he can point that out and send him packing.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When a good part isn't working in a machine, you fix it. Our entire culture is hell-bent on throwing stuff away and hoping that the new one is better than the old one. We have LOTS of good parts in Green Bay on both the roster and coaching staff. I don't want to see any of the head guys replaced. I just want to see them show the creativity that they've displayed in the past and I want to see the players try harder.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When a good part isn't working in a machine, you fix it. Our entire culture is hell-bent on throwing stuff away and hoping that the new one is better than the old one. We have LOTS of good parts in Green Bay on both the roster and coaching staff. I don't want to see any of the head guys replaced. I just want to see them show the creativity that they've displayed in the past and I want to see the players try harder.

So you think keeping everything the same should be the focus. I understand consistency and think there is definitely something to be said for trying to keep that. But even in my job it's not a consistency thing. You perform or you get fired. It's the way of business in general. You can confuse business with romance. Yes people hop relationship when they dont work now-a-days. But business is about succeeding, not feelings, not commitment to a person. It's about having the best person available for a given job that you can. And in my opinion if the Packers feel they can improve anywhere they should.

I would never condone it in the middle of the season... As you have to see what the outcome truly is in the end. Maybe this a bad spree that leads to greatness. Maybe it gets even worse from here.

But I am not against some changes being made.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not against roster or assistant coaching changes being made in general, but think that it's ludicrous to talk about replacing a good coach like McCarthy.

Members online

Latest posts