Who do you want to play in the Divisional Round?

Who would you prefer to play in the Divisional Round?

• Rams

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 49ers

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

I would like to think so. Brady's team made a few more plays than Rodgers' team. Brady was smart enough to see the coverages and found our weaknesses. We did not get enough pressure on him. The Bucs maximized their turnovers. We did not.

The main reason the Bucs took advantage of our turnovers was that Pettine made a terrible call and King misplayed the long throw to Miller just before the halftime and that Jones' fumble resulted in them getting the ball on our 8-yard line.

On the other hand all of Brady's interceptions were essentially like a punt with the Packers getting the ball on theit own 32, 19 and 24 respectively.

Rodgers never should have thrown that pass to Jones. He was covered and should have thrown it away and let us punt. Maybe the Bucs score. Maybe they do not.

Jones was wide open when Rodgers threw it to him. Take a look at the moment he caught the ball on the 30 before fumbling it.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And before the half if Rodgers does not throw a pick then we punt and the Bucs only get 3 instead of 7.

Rodgers threw the pick on second down so the Packers would have gotten another down to move the ball before having to punt it.

While it was a mistake by him throwing the ball there's no excuse for the defense giving up a touchdown before halftime.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I don't really care who we play. Packer will be one of four teams left. The other four teams are there for a reason. They are good football teams. To be the best one has to beat the best. I say, bring it on! Bucs, Cards, Rams, Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys... Don't care! GPG!
Old guy. Just wondering if this is new math? :)

Reaction score
The main reason the Bucs took advantage of our turnovers was that Pettine made a terrible call and King misplayed the long throw to Miller just before the halftime and that Jones' fumble resulted in them getting the ball on our 8-yard line.

On the other hand all of Brady's interceptions were essentially like a punt with the Packers getting the ball on theit own 32, 19 and 24 respectively.

Jones was wide open when Rodgers threw it to him. Take a look at the moment he caught the ball on the 30 before fumbling it.

Rodgers threw the pick on second down so the Packers would have gotten another down to move the ball before having to punt it.

While it was a mistake by him throwing the ball there's no excuse for the defense giving up a touchdown before halftime.
I like that. Also if our Defense just holds Tampa to a FG in any one of these earlier turnovers? We would’ve been down by 4 points on that last drive. We had plenty of time and 4 tries for the Win. The object would’ve been score 7 for the Win (up by 3), draining the clock becomes an important secondary goal. That in itself would’ve forced us to run the ball on at least 2 of the 4 tries and very likely set us up for a 4th n goal from well inside the 5 yard line. My opinion is AJ Dillon either scores or gets us inside the 3 on two running plays.

Once again, 1 key Packers defensive stop changes the entire spectrum of O play calling. We have to get more consistent stops this postseason. It’s time for this D to rise to the occasion and do what NE and Tampa has done for Brady countless times. We have far too much talent to be giving up 30+ points to anyone. This team should never allow more than 20-23 points. It’s time to shut opposing O down and get a D score and that needs to be our mentality.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never knew that story, but makes sense, Morrall had the hot hand and things were working. I think had Favre gone down in 2007, Rodgers may have stepped in and shown just how good he was and maybe Favre never takes another snap as a Packer and the Packers get a boatload in a trade deal.

All that said, I don't consider inserting 4-6 starters back into the lineup as comparable to either of those situations. A QB is one player, at the central position on offense. The Packer defense hasn't been playing that well, so any help that Jaire, Z Dog and Merc can provide, shouldn't even be questioned as needed. Same on offense with bringing Bahk and Meyers back. Sure, their replacements played good, the OL should be better with those 2 starters.
And I also recall in 2010 Clay Matthew's gave a concussion to Eagles starter Kevin Kolb at QB. Michael Vick replaced him and Andy Reid made him the starter all the way to the playoff.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Watching the replay again with a 3rd and 5 throwing to Jones was not going to get a first down unless we were playing the Jets. That Bucs defender had already forced a fumble that day. He had a beat on Jones who was running laterally. Not the best decision to throw it there. Maybe Rodgers had no other options in which case try to get out of there and throw it away or take the sack.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Watching the replay again with a 3rd and 5 throwing to Jones was not going to get a first down unless we were playing the Jets. That Bucs defender had already forced a fumble that day. He had a beat on Jones who was running laterally. Not the best decision to throw it there. Maybe Rodgers had no other options in which case try to get out of there and throw it away or take the sack.

If you look closely at the picture, Jones was THE only person open and the best opportunity. Only other options, throw it away or take a sack, Rodgers made the right choice.

What I would like to know is what the huddle of 3 Packer receivers is all about in the middle of the field at the 35. That just should not be happening by the end of the year, in a Championship game no less. Those are the frustrating things that you can tell just burns Rodgers right up.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Jeane Dixon was dead.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't Garappalo have a thumb injury that will require surgery when season is over?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There was definitely defensive PI on the interception.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you look closely at the picture, Jones was THE only person open and the best opportunity. Only other options, throw it away or take a sack, Rodgers made the right choice.

What I would like to know is what the huddle of 3 Packer receivers is all about in the middle of the field at the 35. That just should not be happening by the end of the year, in a Championship game no less. Those are the frustrating things that you can tell just burns Rodgers

If so, gotta give him credit for playing playing with an injury to his throwing hand.
No doubt. If they come to Lambeau, they will probably just keep trying to pound the ball down our defenses throat.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was wondering that too. It could disrupt the dynamics or psyche of the team, so we will see how it plays out. So many "what ifs."
It's a no brainer if the guys like Bak, Z, Jaire, Mercilus, and Cobb are ready to go, they will start. Everything I am reading says they are ready. Let's see how team health plays out next week.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point, I don't really care who we play. Packer will be one of four teams left. The other four teams are there for a reason. They are good football teams. To be the best one has to beat the best. I say, bring it on! Bucs, Cards, Rams, Eagles, 49ers, Cowboys... Don't care! GPG!
I say get ‘er done, brother! I agree best of the best! Next week 4 teams will battle it out for the run to the championship title. GPG!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Michael Vick replaced him and Andy Reid made him the starter all the way to the playoff.
First time I played fantasy football. Was helping my youngest son in his grade school league. Had him grab Vick off the waivers as soon as he could. Rode him all the way to an undefeated championship.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to suggest Rodgers shouldn't have thrown that ball. The defender made up a ton of ground in a hurry and made a great play, but when Rodgers let the ball go, Jones was all by himself and regardless, you have to give your back a chance to get the 1st down as opposed to throwing the ball away.

We're blaming Rodgers for throwing the ball but not blaming Jones for fumbling it. Sounds about right.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give your all pro RB a chance in the open field against 1 defender or eat it and assure yourself a punt. That’s a no ****ing brainer.

It astounds me the lengths some would go. Do they not realize how obvious they’ve become?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Was just going to say....Eagles look like a playoff team that only got in due to their weak schedule.

Reaction score
Tampa Bay may have just lost Ryan Jensen. He got rolled up on pretty hard. That’s why us having the Bye is so important, we’re getting healthier while many teams are getting dinged up or losing players.

Surprised that they let Gronk run alone for most of quarter 1.
You’d think he’d be doubled or accosted at the LOS. etc..

Members online

Latest posts