Who do you want to play in the Divisional Round?

Who would you prefer to play in the Divisional Round?

• Rams

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 49ers

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will be the Niners. We all know it.
That’s what I’m thinking too. Not my first choice to play because they are physical and on an upswing, but I don’t think they create the same nightmare matchup that they did a couple of years ago. We can handle them if we take care of the ball.

Reaction score
You’re noticing the Tampa OL getting softer in pass protection, just in general. The key to beating Tampa is getting past his great OL. I think the Packers could give him problems if we both make it past the Divisional.

I don’t like Hurts. He’s doesn’t see the field and these slow developing screens just show me how unprepared they are for a fast moving Defense. Hurts is good at scrambling, but he’s going to have a short career in this league at that rate.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re noticing the Tampa OL getting softer in pass protection, just in general. The key to beating Tampa is getting past his great OL. I think the Packers could give him problems if we both make it past the Divisional.

I don’t like Hurts. He’s doesn’t see the field and these slow developing screens just show me how unprepared they are for a fast moving Defense. Hurts is good at scrambling, but he’s going to have a short career in this league at that rate.
That's the one thing Philly has done well. They've gotten to Brad quite a bit this game.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see what happens, but I actually think Dallas will win today. They've looked like the best team in the NFL at times and I think they are superior to the Niners overall. Their issue has just been consistency.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s what I’m thinking too. Not my first choice to play because they are physical and on an upswing, but I don’t think they create the same nightmare matchup that they did a couple of years ago. We can handle them if we take care of the ball.
Not my 1st choice either..but..Garappolo does have that thumb issue the cold will definitely affect it. Hope our guys are ready for the run!

Reaction score
I wish we had a TE like Dallas Goedert. That guy wins with his physicality. Rodgers would have a field day with him and Adam’s running around rampant. That guy could put up 1200 yards with a great QB in the right system

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But if our special teams play like philly we are in trouble. I hear Cobb is back.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa Bay will have home field and their usual referee advantage. They will be tough to beat.

Reaction score
Agreed… The Eagles have no QB and don’t belong in this game…. but the Bucs haven’t really impressed me.
This is what the Tampa D does. They play stingy and they use a HOF veteran QB to feed on opponent mistakes.
What I do respect about Arians, If they get ahead by several scores they do NOT let their foot off the gas. Matter of fact they go for the throat!

That said. The only clear mistake we have is a historically bad ST unit. I’d almost rather not field a punt or kick return. But I know how crazy that would be. My prayer is that 4-6 starters coming back will inject better talent into that ST as they shuffle the active roster.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what the Tampa D does. They play stingy and they use a HOF veteran QB to feed on opponent mistakes.
What I do respect about Arians, If they get ahead by several scores they do NOT let their foot off the gas. Matter of fact they go for the throat!

That said. The only clear mistake we have is a historically bad ST unit. I’d almost rather not field a punt or kick return. But I know how crazy that would be. My prayer is that 4-6 starters coming back will inject better talent into that ST as they shuffle the active roster.
Agree with all of that… Not a criticism of your post, just don’t know where else to point it out though…. I thought the officiating in that game was absolutely disgraceful.

Reaction score
Agree with all of that… Not a criticism of your post, just don’t know where else to point it out though…. I thought the officiating in that game was absolutely disgraceful.
Yeah. Particularly the phantom holding on Eagles OL erasing what was likely points. I really had hoped they would let them play (beyond egregious type contact) this playoffs. We’re already nearing flag football with QBs and even my wife casualty pointed out Today how soft they are on QBs these days. She wasn’t even watching the game (I thought) and she says that unprovoked.
I think she secretly wanted Brady to get mauled. :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts