Who do you want to play in the Divisional Round?

Who would you prefer to play in the Divisional Round?

• Rams

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 49ers

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless, I'm going to be rooting like a mad man for Philly. Because it would mean 1. that the Bucs are eliminated and 2. give the Packers a great home matchup as sort of a "tune up" for an NFCCG showdown.
This is the best case scenario for me, as well. I don't want anything to do with Tom Brady. The guy always finds a way to win.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to be realistic. I suspect the 49ers will find a way to beat the hamburglar - on a time management gaffe of course or some other anomaly. Tampa will hold serve vs Philly, the Lambs will find a way to send the birds to their tree. The 49ers then will come to Lambeau and the pack will eek out a W with some rusty players in there. Tampa beats the Lambs, and we have ourselves a repeat of last year, but the vets shake off the rust and the pack wins the NFCCG in OT on a Douglas pick 6.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
All that said. A big missing piece wasn’t out there Sunday. Campbell is efficient at communicating the D alignment.
I wouldn't worry too much about the Lions game. The Packers were missing some starters, as well as they didnt play starters for too long. Besides that and I think even a bigger influence on the game, the Packers had no skin in the outcome. They weren't fully vested and really the goal was simply to get some reps in, play all the players over 60 minutes and get out of there healthy. That same mindset won't be on the field next weekend. I expect to see a fired up and hungry Packer team.

If nothing else, the Lions game served as a stark reminder to bring your A game.

D

Deleted member 6794

the only way for rodgers to get the goat title is to defeat brady.

I only care about the Packers winning a Super Bowl this season.

i sat here pondering it for about 3 minutes, and I will agree. even if rod beats him in the championship game tom will still be the goat. the fact is many will argue that rod beat an old brady and still got lucky. tom outplayed him in the last match up.

Brady didn't outplay Rodgers in the NFCCG last year.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we have ZaDarius and Campbell added in the mix, this D will look much better. Also we should be able to really play loaded boxes and ficus on the short game. I still think this D does well when pinned to stopping a specific area of opposing O (short game etc,). At 7° the long game goes away.
Look what we did to Dalvin Cook when the long game was taken away. He became very human again.

J’aire is going to be a plus bonus if we get him back. He’s great inside 5-10 yards at forcing errors
It would be a luxury if we could get Z back, even if it's to spell Gary and the other Smith. And I agree the D plays well when attacking a specific area. That requires discipline by the players to know and stick to their assignments. They got away from that versus Detroit but a lot of those guys weren't starters and they learned valuable lessons.

I'm excited about the play of Lowry. Any help that can be provided to Clark just makes Clark all the more dangerous, and allows the OLBs to focus on contain or the pass rush. It'll be nice to get some or all of these injured guys back, even for short periods.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only care about the Packers winning a Super Bowl this season.

Brady didn't outplay Rodgers in the NFCCG last year.
I do think Brady outplayed the Packers D in the NFCCG when it counted - the TD just before half and the 8-yard TD pass right after Jones' turnover to start the 2H. Those are only two plays but account for 14 points, the margin of victory. Rodgers couldn't beat the Bucs D when it counted, first and goal at the 8. Rodgers may have outplayed Brady overall but it didn't really matter. They lost.

Even that is just a lotta noise this year. You're right. Whether or not there is a GOAT can be argued some other time. I want the Packers to win the SB this year. And I don't care who the game MVP is either. Just get there and win the damn thing for a change.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is virtually nothing Rodgers can do to catch Brady as the greatest quarterback of all time anymore. At this point, it's just about adding one more. It would be awesome to just GET there again after being so close repeatedly.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is virtually nothing Rodgers can do to catch Brady as the greatest quarterback of all time anymore. At this point, it's just about adding one more. It would be awesome to just GET there again after being so close repeatedly.
I agree. All Packer fans should care about right now is getting back to the SB and winning. That's all that matters.

Reaction score
Rodgers couldn't beat the Bucs D when it counted, first and goal at the 8.
The key in that equation was the Tampa Defense was playing lights out. Obviously we have further evidence of what happened in the Super Bowl. That Tampa D had Mahomes literally running for his life 15 yards behind the LOS and often. Brady did a fine job managing games and he’s consistent there, but without his D peaking he doesn’t make it past Lambeau imo

The 2021 Tampa Defense is not firing on all cylinders. They could’ve easily lost to the Jets and 2 of their final 3 Wins against Carolina is not supportive evidence that they can hold a playoff caliber team from scoring at will. Tampa had an “ultra easy” back stretch this season and still showed vulnerability.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The key in that equation was the Tampa Defense was playing lights out. Obviously we have further evidence of what happened in the Super Bowl. That Tampa D had Mahomes literally running for his life 15 yards behind the LOS and often. Brady did a fine job managing games and he’s consistent there, but without his D peaking he doesn’t make it past Lambeau imo

The 2021 Tampa Defense is not firing on all cylinders. They could’ve easily lost to the Jets and 2 of their final 3 Wins against Carolina is not supportive evidence that they can hold a playoff caliber team from scoring at will.
Yeah I agree with that. And my feeling on winning big games is that the better D usually prevails. They held KC to three FGs in the SB right? That's Pat Mahomes with zero TD passes. Enough said.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree with that. And my feeling on winning big games is that the better D usually prevails. They held KC to three FGs in the SB right? That's Pat Mahomes with zero TD passes. Enough said.
Yeah. That’s why this is such a tremendous deal getting not 1, but 2 All-Pro talents back for playoffs. Those guys will be playing full games by the NFC game IF we take care of business. We already have the fundamentals of a great D, but we are 1 stellar CB and 1 more disruptive Edge from getting off our ordinary plateau. Enter Z any J

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
There is virtually nothing Rodgers can do to catch Brady as the greatest quarterback of all time anymore.
I guess you are right, if you view a Super Bowl as an individual award. Brady will be remembered for winning a lot of SB's and with 2 teams no less, but he wasn't the only reason those SB's were won.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. That’s why this is such a tremendous deal getting not 1, but 2 All-Pro talents back for playoffs. Those guys will be playing full games by the NFC game IF we take care of business. We already have the fundamentals of a great D, but we are 1 stellar CB and 1 more disruptive Edge from getting off our ordinary plateau. Enter Z any J
Yeah we could be in the position Tampa was in last year, with an elite and/or dominant D. I think an overall lack of talent on the DL keeps this D from being "elite" but Lowry is playing much better. But yeah throw in Z and Alexander with Douglas, Stokes, Campbell and the safety group and it's a very good defense, with enough players to keep guys fresh for four quarters. The Bucs have a lot of injuries in their D, it's not the same unit it was last year. Dallas has a formidable D but they are hampered by their coaching.

I don't know OldSchool, all signs point to a successful post-season for the Packers. But they still gotta play the games. Should be a fun ride.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another one is the 2018 SB that couldn't have been a better example of what you emphasize about D being very pivotal. You have one of the best QB down by 5 or something, 2 minutes on the clock, and Philly's D just comes out of nowhere when it counts and causes a turnover and wins the game. Awesome!

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 'no' vote from one in the "I'd rather not get there than lose" section. The Denver loss still hurts as much as the wins generate joy.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFC playoff seeding is set.

1. Packers
2. Bucs
3. Cowboys
4. Rams
5. Cardinals
6. 49ers
7. Eagles

This seeding means that the only teams we cannot play in the Divisional Round are the Bucs and Cowboys. I'm thankful that we won't have to deal with the Bucs right away at least. I really would prefer not to face Brady in the playoffs. But of the four teams that we could possibly face in two weeks, which would you most prefer? The Cardinals have been playing so poorly lately, I might opt for them.
I go with them as well. I think coming to Lambeau in January is not their cup of tea. Philly is unlikely to beat Tampa but if they did they could be very unpredictable. They have a running game which in January can be devastating.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I go with them as well. I think coming to Lambeau in January is not their cup of tea. Philly is unlikely to beat Tampa but if they did they could be very unpredictable. They have a running game which in January can be devastating.
I think we'll probably play the Rams. I don't see the Cards winning in LA. And that's fine. We can beat either the Cards or the Rams at Lambeau in January. Looking ahead, which is not suggested, I see a game at Lambeau against the Cowboys for the NFCCG. The Bucs just have too many players out this year, especially on D. We can beat the Cowboys at Lambeau in January. I think that might be a "last team to have the ball wins" kind of game. And I hope Rodgers preys on Diggs. Yeah he has 11 or 12 pics, but he takes a lot of bad risks resulting in a lot of big plays against him. I'd wait until he lines up against MVS and then punish him with a fake in route. Not knowing the Packers, Diggs will jump that looking for a pic 6 and MVS will be long gone.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess you are right, if you view a Super Bowl as an individual award. Brady will beremembered for winning a lot of SB's and with 2 teams no less, but he wasn't the only reason those SB's were won.

For the most part I agree with Arod although I think there might be one way. IMO it would take at least 3 more rings to be considered a possibility. This assumes Rodgers keeps his dominant TD/INT ratio and QB rating in the stratosphere where it has been and the Packers maintain their 13 (or close to it) win seasons. Brady would still have the ring lead and most of the important records (if not all of them) but Rodgers would have two of the most important stats (IMO) for a QB leading his team to wins. He'd also likely close the gap somewhat on the other stats as well assuming Brady ever retires.

Poker has a valid point but Brady will get the props for most of it. Some people will look at the surrounding talent and maybe knock him down a notch for it but the goal is to get rings and he has 7 of them. It's hard to argue against that.

A 'no' vote from one in the "I'd rather not get there than lose" section. The Denver loss still hurts as much as the wins generate joy.

If someone were to tell me "the Packers will lose the last game they play this season" I'd rather it be to an AFC team but I do understand your point. The closer you get to winning it all tougher it is to lose.

I'll use the same logic that all the people spending millions on lottery tickets use. "You can't win if you don't play"

The difference is that in the Packers case it is true while in the case of the lottery I figure my odds of winning are about the same as me waking up one morning and finding a check for 100 million dollars under my pillow left there by the tooth fairy.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Brady will get the props for most of it. Some people will look at the surrounding talent and maybe knock him down a notch for it but the goal is to get rings and he has 7 of them. It's hard to argue against that.
I think you are correct, it is very hard to look at all the SB's and now that he has done it with his second team, in his first year there, its pretty overwhelming. While I don't think one player can be such a big difference maker in a team sport, I do believe that Rodgers has individually meant more to his team than Brady has. People don't want to look at that though, its more about SB rings, MVP titles and stats. I'm not bored enough to research this, but I bet there is a teammate or two (Gronk and Vinatieri?) of Brady's that has been a part of most of those SB's.....ok, I peaked..Gronk and V have 4, Brady 7.

Side note, Belichick has 8 rings, 6 as a head coach with the Pats and 2 as a DC with the Giants.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are correct, it is very hard to look at all the SB's and now that he has done it with his second team, in his first year there, its pretty overwhelming. While I don't think one player can be such a big difference maker in a team sport, I do believe that Rodgers has individually meant more to his team than Brady has. People don't want to look at that though, its more about SB rings, MVP titles and stats. I'm not bored enough to research this, but I bet there is a teammate or two (Gronk and Vinatieri?) of Brady's that has been a part of most of those SB's.....ok, I peaked..Gronk and V have 4, Brady 7.

Side note, Belichick has 8 rings, 6 as a head coach with the Pats and 2 as a DC with the Giants.
That's why I think 3 more rings would get people looking at the other things like teammates and coaches. As long as he has more than twice as many as anybody else they won't be in the conversation. On the other hand Rodgers won't be able to win 3 more rings without a strong team behind him either so they will sort of cancel out. I would have to agree with you about the more valuable thing though. Maybe Brady can be the GOAT but Rodgers can be the MVPist.

Reaction score
Another one is the 2018 SB that couldn't have been a better example of what you emphasize about D being very pivotal. You have one of the best QB down by 5 or something, 2 minutes on the clock, and Philly's D just comes out of nowhere when it counts and causes a turnover and wins the game. Awesome!
Yeah. How about 2014 Seattle at the 2 yard line for the Win against the Patriots. The Patriots D stole that SB Win, great instinctive play there on the Endzone INT.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone that faces TB needs to realize that Gronk needs to be covered at all times. They do that and beating them becomes a real possibility.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the most part I agree with Arod although I think there might be one way. IMO it would take at least 3 more rings to be considered a possibility. This assumes Rodgers keeps his dominant TD/INT ratio and QB rating in the stratosphere where it has been and the Packers maintain their 13 (or close to it) win seasons. Brady would still have the ring lead and most of the important records (if not all of them) but Rodgers would have two of the most important stats (IMO) for a QB leading his team to wins. He'd also likely close the gap somewhat on the other stats as well assuming Brady ever retires.
Agree, if Rodgers gets "only" 3 more rings, then people can talk about him being GOAT. Because LeBron has 4 rings to Jordan's 6, but some people think LeBron is the GOAT.

Then again, Rodgers could get 4 rings and still not be close, because it looks like Brady is chasing Bill Russell and will play until his 50s, and will retire with 9-10 rings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts