Who do you want to play in the Divisional Round?

Who would you prefer to play in the Divisional Round?

• Rams

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Cardinals

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • 49ers

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AZ/Rams game is on Monday 1/17. IF other home teams win that would bring Rams (or AZ) to GB & they'd have 1 less day to prepare than everyone else, which would probably mean a Sunday 1/23 game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Already done, Pace & Nagy on the streets.
yup was editing as you typed :)

Wouldn't it have been easier for the Vikings and Bears just to swap coaches and GM's with each other? :D

Are either Nagy or Zimmer really good at coaching Special Teams?

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles worry me a bit because of Hurts' mobility. We saw how Huntley ran all over us earlier in the season.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All 7 teams in the NFC playoffs are 4-1 over their last 5 games except for AZ, who are 1-4. This weekend I expect AZ & Philly to go down handily, and SF to win over Dallas in a nail-biter... bringing SF to Lambeau the following week.
Thanks. I now know to make a AZ-PHL-DAL 3 team parlay. I just hope you get your advice on football from the same place as you do vaccines.

buckthorn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to see Brady down the road. That guy always wins in (or at) the end; he's too darned good and too darned smart. The Cryboys and Prescott also scare me. They've got a lot great athletes all over the field, and they're hot.

Other than that, give me any team that doesn't have a big time tight end. The Packers cannot cover or stop those guys, and they just get killed by them. Kittle, Kelce... this year Andrews almost beat them all by himself. The most likely opponent in the divisional appears to be the Cards, and I like our chances against them.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hope the Packer coaches and players think that they can beat anyone and everyone. Considering that they are 3-0 (Cards, 49'ers and Rams) against the teams in the NFC playoffs, I'm pretty confident that the only team that will beat the Packers are the Packers themselves. I know that it is cliché to say that, but the Packers finished the season as the best team in the NFC, now they just need to play like that team and not really worry about who they face. I like our chances this season more than I did the last 2 seasons. Possibly getting 5 starters (6 if you count Turner) back from IR has to add some juice to an already confident team. Time to play our best Football and put another Lombardi in the trophy case.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles as that means the Tom Brady's are out. No Brady v Belichek in the Super Bowl.

ETA: but I voted for the Cardinals.
Eagles would be ideal Poppa but probably not gonna happen. And I don't think the Pats get to the SB this year.

As to the question, I'd rather play the Cards. GB beat them at their home, they seem to be the weakest team of the candidates. The Niners are always scary. I'd rather play the Rams than the Niners even before the season ended.

I sure hope this is the Packers' year after so many disappointments in the NFCCG, especially 2014 against the Hags and last year against the Bucs. We'll know soon enough. I'm more confident than I've been in a long time.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn. The Packers won't be able to play BOTH the Cowboys and the Bucs. I really wanted to see a matchup between him and McCarthy AND a rematch against Brady.
I'm with you. Have patience. Rodgers is sticking around and whoever we don't beat this year (MM or Brady) we'll get next year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Whoever we play next Sat. or Sunday, the long range forecast is saying that it will be plenty cold in Green Bay on Sat. and even colder on Sunday. I agree with the article, barring an upset, we would get the Monday night winner between the Cards and Rams and I too doubt that the NFL would make the winner travel to Green Bay and play on Saturday.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-nfl-playoff-game-could-be-bitter-cold

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever we play next Sat. or Sunday, the long range forecast is saying that it will be plenty cold in Green Bay on Sat. and even colder on Sunday. I agree with the article, barring an upset, we would get the Monday night winner between the Cards and Rams and I too doubt that the NFL would make the winner travel to Green Bay and play on Saturday.

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/packers-nfl-playoff-game-could-be-bitter-cold
I agree Poker. Whoever wins on Monday night will play on Sunday. I think the best possible case for GB is to play the Cards or the Rams. The Eagles are a very long shot, but they're also a cold-weather team with a solid running game. I still think the Packers would handle them, and there's a big part of me that wants the Bucs gone ASAP. I'm not worried about the divisional round regardless of who they play. The NFCCG is likely to be Packers v Cowboys or Bucs.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow we made the playoffs? Man, to be honest with you guys I only watched 1 or 2 games this season but my predictions were pretty good. With that said....

Eagles 2 Packers 6 Go Pack Go!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow we made the playoffs? Man, to be honest with you guys I only watched 1 or 2 games this season but my predictions were pretty good. With that said....

Eagles 2 Packers 6 Go Pack Go!
Thanks Mongoose! It isn't that hard after all!

Reaction score
What works out well is that the lowest seed plays in chronological order. Meaning we could know as early as Saturday who we play if an upset. Then the next lowest..so we just watch and learn in chronological timing. Could go as late as the Monday night game if no early upsets.

Reaction score
Second point I’ll make. We need to win the takeaway differential. Some season contests were even in Takeaways and we were 2-1 in Those contests.

We are 11-0 in games where we were +1 or better at takeaways

We were 0-3 in games -1 takeaways or worse

Our D needs to punch at the ball or strip sack or get an INT. Gang tackling allows the 2nd Defender to focus on owning that ball.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What works out well is that the lowest seed plays in chronological order. Meaning we could know as early as Saturday who we play if an upset. Then the next lowest..so we just watch and learn in chronological timing. Could go as late as the Monday night game if no early upsets.
The first NFC games are on Sunday. If there are no upsets, then we'll play the Monday night winner between AZ and the Rams. The Monday winner will almost certainly play the following Sunday on a short week.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Appears that the Packers aren't the only ones getting healthy.

Reaction score
The first NFC games are on Sunday. If there are no upsets, then we'll play the Monday night winner between AZ and the Rams. The Monday winner will almost certainly play the following Sunday on a short week.
My apology yea Sunday. But they run chronological to seeding is more the point. We play whoever is first to upset their opponent (or the Rams by default if no upsets)

I don’t like the All AFC Saturday.
I also don’t like this Monday Postseason business.

Members online

Latest posts