Who do you want the Packers to stay away from in the draft?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
For me it is Drake London. I know some people love him, I just feel like the Packers have a more polished version on the team in Allen Lazard. Maybe Drake London would have better hands? He painfully reminds me so much of N'Keal Harry, I would stay far away. The other play for me is Kaiir Elam, just feels like a bust of a player that is getting hype based on his athleticism. His tape is questionable.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I agree on London.

Others that I'm not interested in, especially at their projected draft price, include Bernhard Raimann, Jermaine Johnson, Nakobe Dean, Boye Mafe, Devonte Wyatt...

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jahan Dotson at 22..seems a little high. Now at 28? Maybe smaller..but fast. London..no..Burks..not sure. I don't want Raimann.
The more I think about it the most pressing 1st rd needs would be wr..if the right guy is there. Edge. Safety. Dline can be picked later..a rookie wouldn't play much..see Slaton, Heflin. Oline..yeah there is a need..but the draft is deep there.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides London, Bell and Ross make my no as WRs. Booth is a DB I want no part of.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My hesitation with London is unique in that I fully admit he could be a massively successful player, but I think him being a massively limited player is there as well....I always hesitate with such guys. I want a WR that can create separation and make catches due to his route abilities and footwork. London may be the best jump ball and high pointing receiver I've reviewed in a draft in years...incredible really....but I may get flack from saying this but the dude simply doesn't have the route tree a first rounder should IMO.

Another guy I am not high on is the iOL Salyer as well as Green. I fail to see the athleticism associated with being successful in the league - especially at the level of expected draft c cost many are saying Green in the first/early second and Salyer right there behind him in Day 2.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont like or dislike... but Damn -- Christian Watson is either a boom or bust guy. I just don't know...

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some folks have Isaiah Spiller as RB1.... why...???
K Walker is easily RB1 in this draft.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither am I in the first round. I think he's a guy I'd draft in the mid or late second round. I don't see him being a top 10 NFL receiver.

I rarely see or think to myself that about any rookie prospect...that is an INCREDIBLY high bar....given there are more than 150 active WRs on rosters at any given time....add in PS and that number is near or over 200.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neither am I in the first round. I think he's a guy I'd draft in the mid or late second round. I don't see him being a top 10 NFL receiver.
I really don't see the Deebo comparison... Burks is in the mold of Laviska Shenault (who I also wasn't high on), a decent player but nowhere near Deebo Samuel.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL Yess thank you. I'm not a big fan of Spiller (a great catcher). I think he's decent but definitely not RB1 through 4. I have him rounds 4-6.

I just personally don't want a RB till Day 3, it isn't a pressing need nor do I see the positional value to go earlier unless the guy is a RARE RARE type of running back.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just personally don't want a RB till Day 3, it isn't a pressing need nor do I see the positional value to go earlier unless the guy is a RARE RARE type of running back.
I liked Kylin Hill. If he is good to go; don't know why we would pick up a RB. Just see who did not get drafted. Go for some core ST player.

Reaction score
This would be the year to use a 7th Round guy at RB. Someone with great athleticism and maybe slid from a potential mid round area for this reason or that. (E.g, In the mold of Khylin Hill). Yet someone who will be one of the first Undrafted selections.
I don’t have a name yet. I fell asleep doing my homework.

Edit: (out of my own guilt) Off the top I’d go Abram Smith out of Baylor. Posted this to be fair it’s more a complete game example vs just highlights. He’s also a good blocker. Med-high floor, medium low ceiling. He’s a power grinder with good blocking. (Think Jamaal).
Also has lots of ST experience and participate at wherever they need him (moved to LB in 2020). Then breaks the Rushing school record the next season. Crazy

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Kylin Hill. If he is good to go; don't know why we would pick up a RB. Just see who did not get drafted. Go for some core ST player.
There might be a high chance Kylin Hill lands on the PUP list to start the season.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This would be the year to use a 7th Round guy at RB. Someone with great athleticism and maybe slid from a potential mid round area for this reason or that. (E.g, In the mold of Khylin Hill). Yet someone who will be one of the first Undrafted selections.
I don’t have a name yet. I fell asleep doing my homework. Off the top I’d go Abram Smith out of Baylor
I too haven't done much work on scouting late-round RB. LB and RB are my forte. I've been super busy with work this season, getting to telework this week.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t have a name yet. I fell asleep doing my homework.

Edit: (out of my own guilt) Off the top I’d go Abram Smith out of Baylor. Posted this to be fair it’s more a complete game example vs just highlights. He’s also a good blocker. Med-high floor, medium low ceiling. He’s a power grinder with good blocking. (Think Jamaal).
Also has lots of ST experience and participate at wherever they need him (moved to LB in 2020). Then breaks the Rushing school record the next season. Crazy

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I just brought up Smith in another thread or comment. I love the guy.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're drafting one this year IF you do for 2023 not 2022 necessarily....and insurance for Hill recovery and Taylor perhaps not progressing.

Members online

Latest posts