Who do you find at fault for the Packers problems?

Who do you find at fault for our losing ways?

• It all starts at the top with Ted (When I say draft, I don't mean beer) Thompson

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • Mike and maybe other coaches not doing what we think they should do.

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • The players. Where can I get a job that pays millions if I fail even though it's my bad?

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The sports drink mixologist changed the flavor to "Loser Lemon" this year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's a new sports curse since the Red Sox and now the Cubs has been broken.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A bit of him and them since football is family.

• Other: Insert your additions here with your 2 cents. Really. I could use the money.

• Total voters

Pucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson needs to look for help beyond his stamp. Reggie White would never have been a Packer if Thompson was running the show back then.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mentioned Mark Murphy previously. While business is good right now, all it may take is one non playoff season for ticket holders to bail. Once that happens, things may chance dramatically as far as his role goes.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I mentioned Mark Murphy previously. While business is good right now, all it may take is one non playoff season for ticket holders to bail. Once that happens, things may chance dramatically as far as his role goes.

Interesting point but given the waiting list for season tickets is 15 plus years, I don`t think that will have a major impact unfortunately.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

One only has to look at the Green Bay Packers during some of the 70, 's, all of the 80's and half of the 90's to see just how loyal their fan base is. No worries on that end. We may all be dissatisfied right now, but most of us aren't going anywhere.

Plus, Mark Murphy from what I have seen seems to have great skills on the business end of the Packers. I still don't fully understand why people are pointing fingers at Murphy and saying his job is in jeopardy, unless they want to blame him for not taking the initiative to fire TT sooner, which IMO still isn't a given.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think this team has lost it's focus on the game itself. Past success is interfering with current play. To many off the field distractions.

Mark Murphy is more interested in the Packer entertainment district than the team. Ted, it is hard to say. Mike and the players? I remember when there was a coaches show, and that was about it. Now we have multiple TV and radio shows on Tue., Wed., and Thurs. In Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Wausau. The bigger names are all doing commercials. You have to wonder if these distractions are affecting this team? It all starts at the top with Mark Murphy setting the level of accepted excellence, and it seems not all that high as long as the Packers are making money, and the Pack is raking in the cash right now.

You really have to question if the players want MM out. There is more talent on this team than the level of current play. Will Mark Murphy start holding people accountable? We can only wait and see.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. Ted Thompson: I think the "draft and develop" system is the best system, but it can't be the only method of acquiring talent. Maybe this is what happens after years of not signing free agents and letting good, home-grown talent such as Casey Heyward walk with the assumption that a younger, cheaper player (LaDarius Gunter) will step-up. Cornerback is a perfect example. It went from a position of strength (Williams-Shields-Heyward) to a position of weakness.
  2. Mike McCarthy: His offense is stale and bad. The players he has cannot run the offense he wants to run, but no adjustments are ever made. No natural picks. Nobody is ever in motion. Just line it up and run the same routes over-and-over.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have enough fingers to sign all of the blame that needs to apportioned. It starts with TT's many bad draft picks over the past five years but the team doesn't play hard and is soft so you have to put a lot of the blame on MM. Finally it don't seem like there is any leadership on this team in the player ranks so the veterans like Jordy, CM3 and AR should take some of the blame as well.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not one to blame Rodgers. Maybe the WR talent has declined. One thing is obvious.....Rodgers drops back....has great protection from the O line and yet has difficulty finding someone open. I tend to think it's the WR's who are not getting open. Is Rodgers missing open receivers ? I don't think so.

Rodger threw some really passes today ...low and off target.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not with fans how long the waiting list

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this team has lost it's focus on the game itself. Past success is interfering with current play. To many off the field distractions.

Mark Murphy is more interested in the Packer entertainment district than the team. Ted, it is hard to say. Mike and the players? I remember when there was a coaches show, and that was about it. Now we have multiple TV and radio shows on Tue., Wed., and Thurs. In Green Bay, Milwaukee, and Wausau. The bigger names are all doing commercials. You have to wonder if these distractions are affecting this team? It all starts at the top with Mark Murphy setting the level of accepted excellence, and it seems not all that high as long as the Packers are making money, and the Pack is raking in the cash right now.

You really have to question if the players want MM out. There is more talent on this team than the level of current play. Will Mark Murphy start holding people accountable? We can only wait and see.
Well heck, maybe it's all her fault:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I suppose that we can think anything is possible even though I disagree that it's off field distractions since they have been around and teams somehow find a way to avoid them.
How many ads did Peyton do during his SB winning season?

And just how many Packers based shows are there?
Here in Madison we get what feels like half a dozen.
There must be 3-4 on everyday in Green Bay. LOL

theNeed4Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lack of leadership. There is no one on the team who is a "ra-ra-follow-me" kind of guy, coaches included.

Vince Lombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This mess starts near the top. Ted Thompson put this cluster of a team together. He refuses to go out and get any players to help MM. With all the injuries to this team all he has done is trade for Davis and then cut him before he was even given a chance so he didn't have to give up a draft choice. He did activate a FB to the roster last week. Fantastic! Every other team scours the waiver wire and signs players to help their team. Not the great Ted Thompson. All he ever does is activate undrafted FA from his practice squad. McCarthy is also to blame, his week in and week out game plans are stale and never seem to change. The NFL has figured out how to stop your offense ADJUST. His game time management and decision making is also horrible.

IMO its time for Mark Murphy to get off his butt and make the necessary move of replacing the GM & coaching staff this offseason. If this doesn't happen I see a return to the gory days of the 70's & 80's returning!

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
You can "plug in" new coaches (hc, oc, dc etc), however, if the players have become divas, it wont matter who the coach is ...

What the team needs is onfield leadership ... that is something coaching will never fix ...