Who dat!?!

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
First, I have nothing but respect for the Packer fanbase. I realize that I would probably die of old age before I could buy a season ticket.

However, I think you underestimate the loyalty of Saints's fans, and in particular the whole "bag" phenom. Keep in mind that this was around the time of the "unknown comic." It was primarily intended to bring comic relief at a time when the organization was an example of futility. Those fans were, nonetheless, at the game or we would not be talking about it today. If anything, it was meant to send a message to the ownership.

I know you guys have gone through lean times, but it's a different matter to continue to support a team that never won and at times looked like they never would. Under the circumstances, the support by the Saints' fans was remarkable through all those years.

All Saints' fans needed was a glimmer of hope. The passion for the team was always there. There has been a waiting list for season tickets ever since we have had a contender, and that includes the last couple years when we had dissapointing seasons. The last I heard the waiting list was around 50,000. That's not as deep as the Pac, but you could almost fill the Dome again with those on the list.

The weekend after the NFCCG the fans held a parade, with no players in attendance, and the estimate of the crowd was 85,000.

The estimate for the number of fans attending the post Super Bowl parade was 800,000. (I obviously can't verify that, but I know the parade route was over 4 miles long and the crowd was probably thirty deep in places on either side of the street).

Although the game was played in Miami, fans from all over the country came to New Orleans just to be in the city during the game.

When the Saints lost the NFCCG to the Bears there were thousands of fans waiting for the team at the airport at 3am.

Again, I am not going to try to to say that our fans are better than Packers fans. Then again, I am not going to argue that my daddy can beat up your daddy either.

I do know one thing, neither of our fanbases would ever be confused with those losers in MN.

Well put brother. Thanks for posting. I'm really happy for your team.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks again guys.

Oh, and about the season ticket waiting list. I think if somehow you could announce today that all those waiting had received tickets that by the end of the week you would have another waiting list with 10's of thousands of people on it.

In other words, I think you probably have people who would love to have season tickets but who do not sign up because they think there is no way they will get called.

Strong.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, here is a video created by a fan. I thought some of you might enjoy it. I thought it was very well done.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1a5PTWLurk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Super Saints - "More Than A Championship"[/ame]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts