Which WR will TT/MM/AR keep?

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After seeing the NFL's interview with Jones earlier this week, he said the next step for him this year is free agency which surprised the interviewers. Sad to say but I think Jones knows he's probably going to get cut and praying that they keep him in GB.

OP
OP
Crockett&Tubbs

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After seeing the NFL's interview with Jones earlier this week, he said the next step for him this year is free agency which surprised the interviewers. Sad to say but I think Jones knows he's probably going to get cut and praying that they keep him in GB.
Yeah, he knows Jordy is coming back, as well as Ty Montgomery.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was just a 1 year contract? Seemed obvious from the get go he was just a 1yr fill in. Its a shame, but you cant keep everyone and its better to stay young than continue getting older.

OP
OP
Crockett&Tubbs

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems strange to me that Randall Cobb is making more per yer, with more guaranteed money, than Antonio Brown.
Brown only has a total of $8.5m guaranteed thru 2018.
Other comps: Megatron has/had $48m guaranteed, Julio & Demaryius $35m each, Dez $32m, Mike Wallace $27m, Vincent Jackson $26m, Jeremy Maclin & Amari Cooper $22m.
Again, Antonio Brown only $8.
I can't believe his agent doesn't have him hold out.

http://overthecap.com/position/wide-receiver/

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holdouts are usually a losing proposition for the player. Make the best deal before putting your John Hancock on the contract, then get to work.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe by playing well he understands he can make a crap load of money and will

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Personally, I would love to see more incentive based contracts. Ones that would have paid Brown more money last year and Cobb less. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Personally, I would love to see more incentive based contracts. Ones that would have paid Brown more money last year and Cobb less. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.
The NFL does have an incentive pay system that increased Linsley's rookie season compensation by more than 50% (including his signing bonus). Here's a list of what Packers players received for 2014 via this system:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ice-bonus-from-nfl-b99461597z1-296294331.html

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson, Cobb, Monty, Adams, Janis

I'm just hoping Adams rights his wrongs this year in the offseason and Janis continues to try and better himself. JJ was definitely a good addition this year however I think allowing him to shop around some might get him back at lower cost if they still feel the need to have another, especially after all the injury problems the receiving corps had this year.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The NFL does have an incentive pay system that increased Linsley's rookie season compensation by more than 50% (including his signing bonus). Here's a list of what Packers players received for 2014 via this system:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ice-bonus-from-nfl-b99461597z1-296294331.html

I'm referring to incentive based contracts that go either direction. A player like Cobb, doesn't "earn" his $10M he doesn't get it. A player like Brown, "earns" more then his contract, he gets it.

OP
OP
Crockett&Tubbs

Crockett&Tubbs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nelson, Cobb, Monty, Adams, Janis

I'm just hoping Adams rights his wrongs this year in the offseason and Janis continues to try and better himself. JJ was definitely a good addition this year however I think allowing him to shop around some might get him back at lower cost if they still feel the need to have another, especially after all the injury problems the receiving corps had this year.
If Adams becomes GOOD, like all the pundits and experts were forecasting last year, especially once Jordy tore his ACL, then we're in good shape. But don't hold your breath. He's had 2 full years, with a lot of opportunities both in practice with the ones, and of course in all the games with Rodgers, Cobb, etc.

I invested a lot in Adams from an authentic white jersey for my son last year, as well as tons of autographed rookie cards, memoriabilia, etc. So for my wallet, I'd like him to blossom as they told us he would.

I held my breath last year for weeks, and almost passed out. I won't do it again.

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Adams becomes GOOD, like all the pundits and experts were forecasting last year, especially once Jordy tore his ACL, then we're in good shape. But don't hold your breath. He's had 2 full years, with a lot of opportunities both in practice with the ones, and of course in all the games with Rodgers, Cobb, etc.

I invested a lot in Adams from an authentic white jersey for my son last year, as well as tons of autographed rookie cards, memoriabilia, etc. So for my wallet, I'd like him to blossom as they told us he would.

I held my breath last year for weeks, and almost passed out. I won't do it again.

He had a productive rookie year and was a definite asset to the team and to go from that to this year I would think that he knows he has to prove himself all over again and will put in the work. Also I believe that Jordy coming back will elevate competition among the receivers which everyone will benefit from. I would hate to count Adams out just yet.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned about Adams or Cobb or Rogers or.......fill in the blank......if it was one and only one of them having an off year. You win as a team and it seems you play bad as a team too. Call it contagious or whatever, but on an individual and unit basis, most of the offensive players were off at one time or another all season long for various reasons.

One would hope the return of Jordy and healthy bodies, will help to eliminate some of the mental mistakes that seemed to effect the entire offense in 2015. I think we will see the starting offense getting more reps in preseason than we have seen in a long time.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cobb, Monty, Adams, and Nelson are prettt much locks. JJ may well go somewhere else, he can clearly still play but GB will hopefully have better options. Abby and Janis can battle it out for the 5th spot with whoever TT finds in the draft. Seriously what would it take to have Janis bulk up a little and play some TE?

D

Deleted member 6794

How in the world can you compare someone as bad as Myles White to Jared Abbrederis. Sure Abby hasn't really shown that much, but how many opportunities has he had to prove himself. He can run silky smooth routes (better than Cobb to me), gets open on more than 80% of his routes when I watch him and he usually catches the ball (3 bad drops to 15 good catches)

I agree that Abbrederis runs good routes but he dropped too many balls this season.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Abbrederis runs good routes but he dropped too many balls this season.
It's not just route running, but he can beat press coverage, the Achilles heel of the receivers this season. You can see him swatting the defender's hands away when they try to press him at the line, whereas the other guys get jammed.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Abbrederis did appear to get open more than others but I agree with captainWIMM about the drops. IMO Abbrederis offers more upside than Jones except for one very important thing: Durability. And he plays so upright he seems more vulnerable than others.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Abbrederis did appear to get open more than others but I agree with captainWIMM about the drops. IMO Abbrederis offers more upside than Jones except for one very important thing: Durability. And he plays so upright he seems more vulnerable than others.
I'm not too critical of drops, unless they are at critical times. Abbrederis appeared to get off to sluggish starts, but he recovered and played much better when they kept him in.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts