Which WR will TT/MM/AR keep?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, if we had drafted this guy instead, we probably wouldn't be as worried about who the 6th receiver would be.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well, if Grandma had a ****, she'd be Grandpa. Just sayin, not a whole lot we can do about it now.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides Jordy, Ty and Cobb, I wouldn't exactly call any of those other WR slots safe. I think Jones is gone. I also think that Janis and Abby aren't guaranteed roster spots. I think Rodgers and even MM are getting fed up with Adams and his inconsistency. Adams looks like hes running in cement at times. For whatever reason, Adams athleticism hasn't translated to an NFL field. I wont be shocked at all if we draft another WR in the early/middle rounds somewhere.

Fact is, we need to give our QB more toys to throw to.

I also agree that we shouldn't be prisoners of the moment with Janis. He played one good game against Arizona in the playoffs. I guess people forget about the goose egg of a season he had when the chances presented themselves.
Janis was probably one of those guys who was buried so deep going in from a small school, he didn't really think he had a chance to play and wasn't good enough, so did just enough to get by.

What I'm hoping now is that he realizes he is good enough to be an NFL receiver, and works harder than he ever has before. He has received knocks for his lack of confidence from coaches, but maybe this will give him the push he needs.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, if we had drafted this guy instead, we probably wouldn't be as worried about who the 6th receiver would be.

Or jarvis landry who was picked right after robinson.

I think davante can still be good but what is the thought process of picking a raw talent out of Fresno state instead of a guy from huge schools like penn state or lsu? i dont get it

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think davante can still be good but what is the thought process of picking a raw talent out of Fresno state instead of a guy from huge schools like penn state or lsu? i dont get it

Can you remind me of the powerhouse football schools that James Jones, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Greg Jennings are from?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score

As people have stated, Adams was scouted by many to be a superior talent. He didn't pass the eye test for me, and I would have gone with Robinson based on that and his physical attributes.

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you remind me of the powerhouse football schools that James Jones, Donald Driver, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Greg Jennings are from?

I'd consider k state and Kentucky big schools.

Youre right on the others. But how many guys from mid majors are gonna turn out to be pro bowlers for us?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they will keep jones' and trade adams for a ham sandwich so lacy can eat.

not sure if adams will stay. jones has been more productive and clearly has another year in him. jones has proven himself for many years, which is why we brought him back. if we take another gamble on adams and he does the same thing, we just got rid of a gifted receiver and wasted another slot with adams. I would love to give adams excuses but he clearly couldn't perform with weighted shoulders. cobb had the most weight on his shoulders and did all he could, jones' performed remarkable, abby has potential, and janis has not been given enough chances yet.
I believe we will go to the SB next season. With Nelson, cobb, Ty, and jones starting and abby and janis rotating, I think we will go far.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they will keep jones' and trade adams for a ham sandwich so lacy can eat.

not sure if adams will stay. jones has been more productive and clearly has another year in him. jones has proven himself for many years, which is why we brought him back. if we take another gamble on adams and he does the same thing, we just got rid of a gifted receiver and wasted another slot with adams. I would love to give adams excuses but he clearly couldn't perform with weighted shoulders. cobb had the most weight on his shoulders and did all he could, jones' performed remarkable, abby has potential, and janis has not been given enough chances yet.
I believe we will go to the SB next season. With Nelson, cobb, Ty, and jones starting and abby and janis rotating, I think we will go far.

Oh no doubt. If TT plays his cards right and retains a good portion of this years team with some needed additions like ILB, TE, and some pieces here or there, this is definitely a SB bound team, especially considering we go against the NFC East next season. 2016 NEEDS to be the major push.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh no doubt. If TT plays his cards right and retains a good portion of this years team with some needed additions like ILB, TE, and some pieces here or there, this is definitely a SB bound team, especially considering we go against the NFC East next season. 2016 NEEDS to be the major push.
amen, brother!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't this what we said last year after most [10/11] of the starting offense was retained?

sdh09e44

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Afc south too with the two best teams Colts and Texans at lambeau and love having to go on the road to Tennessee and Jacksonville. I'm hoping Jacksonville is one of the earlier afc games we play because that would be a good test on defense for us. And Tennessee being one of the December games that we can just check off as a win now :tup:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what's more important than who is 5th or 6th is getting a legit threat catching the ball and spreading the defense at tight end. A good tight end would take massive amounts of pressure off the wr corps and give them more space to operate.

D

Deleted member 6794

not sure if adams will stay. jones has been more productive and clearly has another year in him. jones has proven himself for many years, which is why we brought him back.

The Packers brought Jones back because of Nelson´s injury. I´m not opposed to re-sign JJ for a deal close to the veteran´s minimum and let him compete for a roster spot but there´s no way we should get rid of Adams.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is everyone so confident of Abby being retained? He did not make it to the 53 man roster this year and except for the Lions game was injured mostly this season. Not exactly a opinion changing season, imo. We'd probably draft a replacement for him.

Not my choice, but I think MM would go for, Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Janis & (maybe) Jones.

Wynnebeck

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is everyone so confident of Abby being retained? He did not make it to the 53 man roster this year and except for the Lions game was injured mostly this season. Not exactly a opinion changing season, imo. We'd probably draft a replacement for him.

Not my choice, but I think MM would go for, Jordy, Cobb, Adams, Janis & (maybe) Jones.

Same here. I think out of Abby and Janis, Janis has the higher upside. People just want Abby to stay because he's a local boy but the guy has injury issues.

Bh676

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if this year has taught us anything, it's that we need to be deep at WR. Injuries killed us at this position. So I would hope the Packers carry 6 next year. With this teams injury luck, you can pretty much bank that our 6th receiver will need to play a role. So with that said I'm in agreement with most here on who to keep:

Nelson, Cobb, Janis, Montgomery, Adams, and Abbredaris.

As much as I loved Jones this year, it's just hard to see how we make room to bring him back unless a trade is made. Montgomery showed a ton of potential early on this year, and our offensive struggles really became pronounced once he went down. I think he'll be in the mix, and Im not ready to give up on Adams quite yet either. Janis looks like a legit deep threat. Cobb and Nelson are already proven.

I'm actually rather excited about our receiver group next year if they can stay relatively healthy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Or the 23 guys drafted ahead of Aaron Rodgers. Or the two WR's drafted ahead of Jordy Nelson. Or........ Seriously, we can play this game all day, why bother?

Last edited:

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same here. I think out of Abby and Janis, Janis has the higher upside. People just want Abby to stay because he's a local boy but the guy has injury issues.

Well its actually because I think he's much much better player at the WR when compared to Janis ..... Now whether or not you think he can stay healthy........................

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd think it comes down more to what kind of WR we draft, if we do in fact pick one up, that would be the major factor. If it's a guy that looks more like a prototypical slot guy than the writing is on the wall for Abby. If it's a guy that looks best suited on the outside Janis would be the leading canidate to miss out on making the team

D

Deleted member 6794

Abbrederis was mostly injured during training camp but aside of missing two games after the Lions game he was healthy all season. He did have some nice games but I agree there´s no guarantee he will make the roster in 2016.

It seems like you forgot about Montgomery who´s a lock to make next year´s team though.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Adams is worth little in trade at the moment. Probably a conditional late round pick. He's worth more to us to see if he can rebound. I'm not opposed to trading a receiver, but in this case I wouldn't because I don't see any of them that we're going to get fair value for for differing reasons.

I'm okay with keeping 6 WRs if the roster ends up dictating. Keep in mind that it's entirely possible that we have just 1 FB or 2 QB on the roster this year.

Often these issues end up solving themselves, though.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder if they have considered using Janis as a TE. He is as tall as the other TE's. Only RR is taller and that is by 1 inch. They only have 20-30 lbs on him so its not like this is crazy out of the question. The man is physical as hell and can block. You could do some extremely creative stuff with him as a TE and keep all the wr's.

Members online

Latest posts