Which veterans will not make final squad?

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree. As I mentioned in an earlier post give that fifth spot to Hawkins, Waters, or Dorleant. Unless Gunter just kills it in camp and the pre season which I highly doubt. For his sake I hope he spent the entire off season working on his speed!! Everyday!!

I highly doubt Gunter will get any faster.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Experience!? The only thing he experienced was getting toasted every other play. Gunter is not an NFL corner... hate to break it to his followers. His lack of speed and instincts just don't warrant a spot on the active roster. You need to go with a faster and more athletic guy like Hawkins, Dorleant or Waters. I never thought I'd want to see a person in the game less than Barclay until Gunter came along. Not to mention you can put any of the three on special teams.

Doloreant was waived last month, I think it'll be hard for him to make the team. Herb interests me a little bit because our staff likes him, he's also got size and is a wr convert, also I like that he's from Miami. I'd prefer gunter to Hawkins as our 5th cb. Gunter looked promising his rookie season, Struggled last year though as our cbs did as a whole.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I agree. As I mentioned in an earlier post give that fifth spot to Hawkins, Waters, or Dorleant. Unless Gunter just kills it in camp and the pre season which I highly doubt. For his sake I hope he spent the entire off season working on his speed!! Everyday!!

Dorleant got released. You think there gonna bring him back? Not sure what to think with Waters. Hawkins is the guy I would expect to make the jump and grab a roster spot as he has all the tools and history says he is willing to put in the work.

Goodson will finally be bye bye but Gunter will make the cut IMO as he should. If anyone should be cut it should be Rollins

D

Deleted member 6794

Gunter looked promising his rookie season, Struggled last year though as our cbs did as a whole.

Gunter hardly played as a rookie (eight snaps in the regular season) but had some pretty good games against talented receivers in 2016. Overall there's no doubt he struggled though.

If anyone should be cut it should be Rollins

Rollins had a promising rookie season but struggked for whatever reason in 2016. I fully expect him to make the team though.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gunter is a guy that has enough skill and work ethic to play a role on most defenses in the league. He also is a guy that can be replaced on most defenses in the league.

my hope is he's replaced by better and if not I hope he's back to a number 5 DB in the depth chart

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Step 1 : Cut Clay
Step 2 : ???
Step 3 : Celebrate Super Bowl victory.

Your Step 2 needs to come before step 1 and should include who the Packers plan on replacing Clay Matthews with. Also, in between those 2 steps and Step 3, you might want to build a long and winding staircase, because there is no sure path to a Super Bowl victory.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gunter can play physical. he's not going anywhere as he's one of only two who can.
as for some vet not making it...one of the dl, janis is a possibility as he hasn't gotten any better.
hmmm...maybe richard rodgers...depending. it's really way to early.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and take off the green & gold glasses and you'll see that the key to this whole thing is cutting Matthews in May, you silly green & gold glasses wearing Kool-Aid drinkers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Step 3: realize the talent on this team is a injured QB away from being the Cleveland Browns.

The Packers have more talent aside of the quarterback position than last year's Browns but for sure aren't a playoff team without Rodgers.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid and take off the green & gold glasses and you'll see that the key to this whole thing is cutting Matthews in May, you silly green & gold glasses wearing Kool-Aid drinkers.
Your right he shouldn't be cut this May, a move probly should have been made 2 or 3 years ago already!

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Your right he shouldn't be cut this May, a move probly should have been made 2 or 3 years ago already!

Aha! Yes, indeed. They should have cut this dead weight 3 years ago when he was 28 and picking up 11 sacks, 9 passes defended, 2 forced fumbles, and a pick. Get that kind of dead weight off this team!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Aha! Yes, indeed. They should have cut this dead weight 3 years ago when he was 28 and picking up 11 sacks, 9 passes defended, 2 forced fumbles, and a pick. Get that kind of dead weight off this team!

Where the hell was he in the 2015 Champ Game? Richard Sherman was out there playing with one arm and Clay was on the sideline stretching out his leg with the game in balance.

Then a bunch of mediocre production along with PED accusations. What has this guy done in recent memory that warrants 15 mill not to mention all his endorsement deals? It's a "fraud show". Maybe now that he is off the juice his "3 cone" just isn't up to snuff anymore. :eek:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gunter can play physical. he's not going anywhere as he's one of only two who can.
as for some vet not making it...one of the dl, janis is a possibility as he hasn't gotten any better.
hmmm...maybe richard rodgers...depending. it's really way to early.

Gunter is trash. It amazes me how people think because he's "physical" the Packers should keep him around. Why the hell would you keep a slow "physical" corner around when you play zone 75% of the time? I could see if they played man a lot more...but even then he'd still have trouble running with people. He's NOT good people!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
most 5th string DB's aren't that great, they're adequate at best. and he has already proven he can fill a role. He's also not so good he can't be cut either

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Gunter is trash. It amazes me how people think because he's "physical" the Packers should keep him around. Why the hell would you keep a slow "physical" corner around when you play zone 75% of the time? I could see if they played man a lot more...but even then he'd still have trouble running with people. He's NOT good people!

So why keep Rollins then as he is slow and smaller and less physical?

Oh that's right cause he is a TT 2nd round draft pick.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So why keep Rollins then as he is slow and smaller and less physical?

Oh that's right cause he is a TT 2nd round draft pick.
Spot on. Another guy that falls into the TT good ol boys club, we will hang onto him for years to come, giving him unlimited chances to succeed to prove ted was right, oblivious to the fact his on the field production is poor. How many times do we need to see this scenario unfold?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts