Where will we draft?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
right now I think we'd have the 15th pick, but there are NINE teams at 4-6....

Is a top 10 selection within our reach?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in my mind hopefully top 10. i would also like our out-of-division rivals (dal, sea) to be drafting far behind us. i don't want them getting stronger with a high pick.

Patrick J. Costello

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’d need 5-6 top 10’s to fill the needs of this team. Trading Rogers might get you that but then you have no QB and no prospects.
DL,LB,CB, and now S (Burnett injuries now a liability)
RB and OLx2
Smells like rebuild and a few starters are now older and slower. Beluga and Matthews.

There, therapy self talk over.
Thanks for the outlet, Forum

ps. next session. Colin Kapernick

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It's all going to depend on whether or not AR takes the field again this season.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
#6 I don't think we win more than maybe 1 unless Rodgers comes back. I don't think he comes back to a 5-8,6-7 team.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’d need 5-6 top 10’s to fill the needs of this team. Trading Rogers might get you that but then you have no QB and no prospects.
DL,LB,CB, and now S (Burnett injuries now a liability)
RB and OLx2
Smells like rebuild and a few starters are now older and slower. Beluga and Matthews.

There, therapy self talk over.
Thanks for the outlet, Forum

ps. next session. Colin Kapernick

Surely this is a windup?

Trade Rodgers for Kaepernick to get into SB is just plain ridiculous. No therapy needed...just tell us what you're smoking.

So we need to trade the best talented QB of all time and tank the next 5-6 seasons to get top picks and be a contender in 7 years time? Seriously?

I'm trying to roll my eyes here...but can't do to justify this post!

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7-9 would put us about #12 pick. 6-10 could get us #7-8 pick. Let's tank it, resign Davante, fire Capers, cut Cobb, cut Matthews' salary and move him inside, and hope for a great final draft by Ted Thompson (as he announces his retirement) including early picks at pass rushing olb, a tight end with speed, WR to replace Jordy soon and load up on OL on the 3rd day. If people would just listen to me, I could lead this team to the Super Bowl, but nobody listens, not even my psychiatrist.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might not be worth the risk to bring Rodgers back to a 6-7 team. If he doesn't come back we probably finish 6-10 . = 6-8 pick.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Browns, Buccaneers, and potential for Aaron Rodgers to return next month (there is still hope), we should not have a hard time winning 2 or 3 more games.
Did you not see the Ravens game? Many thought we would beat them too. The Bucs are a better team than us and we're really not a whole lot better than the Browns.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I looked back at past drafts and typically a 6-10 record will be in the top 10. I think the 2018 draft will have the Browns, 49ers, Colts, Giants, and Bears in spots 1-5 (No specific order) . If the Packers end up 5-11 then I would expect 6 or 7, beat the Browns (likely) then 6-10 is spots 8, 9, or 10. More than 1 additional win and its in the middle of the round.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It's funny that I spotted this thread this morning, because when I was reading the morning paper, I noticed my eyes looking at the current standings. Normally, this time of year I am looking at where the Packers are in relation to the top teams and where they may land for home field in the playoffs. This morning I started looking at how many teams were "ahead of them" for the #1 pick in the draft. Funny how the loss of one player can flip a season 180!

I predict the Packers will finish at 6-10 or 7-9 and be picking somewhere around the 8-10th spot. We won't be seeing Aaron Rodgers return to the field until next season, really why would he play again or too soon in a lost season?