Where to Camp for a Packers Weekend?

BenLinus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking about towing my travel trailer to Green Bay for the Panthers game weekend Oct 17-19.

I've heard Apple Creek sites are tiny, and Bay Shore Park is first come first serve.

We'd like a larger campsite, maybe do a little fishing - Any advice on where to camp?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't remember the name but in 1998 I camped at a public park type campground several miles from the stadium. It was right near a body of water, (river?). Big sites nice trees, it was a great setup! Packers played (and beat) the niners on my birthday on the first day of my Army retirement, my first game at Lambeau!! Anyhow, check public park/campgrounds. I walked a short way and caught a bus to the field.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I can't remember the name but in 1998 I camped at a public park type campground several miles from the stadium. It was right near a body of water, (river?). Big sites nice trees, it was a great setup! Packers played (and beat) the niners on my birthday on the first day of my Army retirement, my first game at Lambeau!! Anyhow, check public park/campgrounds. I walked a short way and caught a bus to the field.
Brown County Fairgrounds perhaps?
http://www.co.brown.wi.us/i_brown/d...agement/2012 Fairgrounds Camping Brochure.pdf

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't look like it. The place I was had no hookups, just a picnic bench and there were some bathrooms, but it also was 16 years ago....yikes!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Could be it. They upgraded some about 10-15 years ago. On the banks of the river, big public restroom with showers. About 4 miles from the stadium, north end of DePere.