Where Does Raji Fit In?

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we can agree that Ted did a hell of a job locking up Pickett and Collins (not sure why only 3 years)...but I have a hard time seeing where Raji winds up playing. I mean he's a true NT isn't he?

I guess if Jolly is in jail he plays end...otherwise he rotates in at NT for the next couple years.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm it's a very intriguing dilemma. At first when Pickett was franchised, I thought he would play for 1 more season so Raji gets ample time to sit back and learn. By midseason once Raji starts contributing full time, we let Pickett walk by season's end. Now however since he has that 3 year deal it's confusing as to who will be the odd man out.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, after 08, there's no way TT will let the DL without solid rotation.

So until Raji is a starter, he's going to relief anyone, and probably play in passing downs...

OP
OP
Bagadeez04

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definately a great dilemma to have...I just hope Raji stays at NT because I think that will be his true position. This effort to move him to end worries me if it stunts his developement as a NT.

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think, after 08, there's no way TT will let the DL without solid rotation.

So until Raji is a starter, he's going to relief anyone, and probably play in passing downs...

I agree.

The roatation worked out well last season. I dont think they are in any sort of hurry to move/change that around, as long as the players are content.

I think Raji got good playing time considering he's a rookie. He will continue to improve in this scheme as well.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the rotation, the real question is where does Harrell fit into the equation? I assume he would be fresh legs if he can stay healthy or on the team.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the rotation, the real question is where does Harrell fit into the equation? I assume he would be fresh legs if he can stay healthy or on the team.
According to some, he'll be the breakout player of the year, so...

Their concept must be that if Harrell plays at least 1 snap it's a breakout year...

Last year I had some hope... Now I wouldn't count on him. Actually, I'd probably bet money that he won't make any impact on our team...

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Harrell is in the same category as JBush at this point. Both are taking up useful roster space. More so Harrell because he hasnt even played yet.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell is in the same category as JBush at this point. Both are taking up useful roster space. More so Harrell because he hasnt even played yet.

That's true. At least we know what we have in Bush. Harrell will remain an NFL mystery till the day he retires.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell was a stupid pick right from the get go, and has proved to be nothin but an eff up who can never stay healthy... Hopefully Raji develops even more this year, I think he can be really good

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The worst part of that Harrell pick, is it was reported that Cleveland wanted to trade up with us so they could grab Brady Quinn, and they were offering their 1st rounder the following year.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I think Jolly ends up in the slamma like M.C. Hamma (Role Models!) and Raji plays end.

I base that off my keen understanding of the judicial process. I'm actually the reincarnated corpse of Johnny Cochran.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji didn't play that well at the end position this year so I hope he steps it up next season. Then again Raji was never drafted to play the end position. He's a born NT who played well when Pickett got hurt during the last 3 games of the season.

IllinoisPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji will be good this year. Its always good to have solid depth, Harrell was a dumb pick and its going to interesting where TT is going to take in the first round offense or defense? Its been the later since they got A-Rod with the 26th overall pick.

packerfn79

Cheesehead
Reaction score
let him play DE and NT again so we can find out and evntually let him take the starting NT role from pickett

packerfn79

Cheesehead
Reaction score
srry i ment let him play as DE or NT as a backup but i think he may take the starting NT spot from pickett maybe next year or the year after that

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raji will be good this year. Its always good to have solid depth, Harrell was a dumb pick and its going to interesting where TT is going to take in the first round offense or defense? Its been the later since they got A-Rod with the 26th overall pick.
If all the best O lineman are off the board (1st round)........and Odrick is still there .......don't be suprised to see TT snap him up. Then it really would not impact the team if Harrell sucked or got injured again and Jolly ends up in Jail.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If all the best O lineman are off the board (1st round)........and Odrick is still there .......don't be suprised to see TT snap him up. Then it really would not impact the team if Harrell sucked or got injured again and Jolly ends up in Jail.

Well it all depends on who decides to step up. The coaches really liked when Jarius Wynn stepped up on certain plays but he's really questionable as a starter. There are some mocks that have us taking Dan Williams and if that were to happen I would start questioning Thompson's drafting skills all over again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts