Where are all the Finley critics now ?

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we all needed counseling after HE left, I still have 3 team jerseys with the #4 on them :D

Yes, I was no Favre fan when he was with MN. But the Vikings fans were just giving us back all the crap we gave them for the many years Favre torched them. Am over that now and now in a way I actually miss Favre on the Packers - the game was never so thrilling as when he was behind center - every play on offense was a potential game changer - every pass had you on the edge of your seat, especially when he launched those deep balls to a receiver that was not open . . . in double coverage . . . in a championship game in OT . . .

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yes, I was no Favre fan when he was with MN. But the Vikings fans were just giving us back all the crap we gave them for the many years Favre torched them. Am over that now and now in a way I actually miss Favre on the Packers - the game was never so thrilling as when he was behind center - every play on offense was a potential game changer - every pass had you on the edge of your seat, especially when he launched those deep balls to a receiver that was not open . . . in double coverage . . . in a championship game in OT . . .

Sorry, without opening THAT can of worms.......So glad he`s finally gone for good !! IMHO But hey, lets not go down that road !

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do I have the uneasy feeling that all this smack going back and forth is going to manifest itself in Finley's performance? I see him taking his eyes off the ball the first time Rodgers goes to him, as he tries to make something happen before he secures the ball. Better than a fumble, which is entirely possible as he struggles to grind out a couple more yards. It could get chippy if he catches an 8 yrd pass and celebrates like it's the SB winning catch. Just sayin

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do I have the uneasy feeling that all this smack going back and forth is going to manifest itself in Finley's performance? I see him taking his eyes off the ball the first time Rodgers goes to him, as he tries to make something happen before he secures the ball. Better than a fumble, which is entirely possible as he struggles to grind out a couple more yards. It could get chippy if he catches an 8 yrd pass and celebrates like it's the SB winning catch. Just sayin

Yeah I get that feeling too. Seems like when he feels he needs to prove something that it gets ugly.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I get that feeling too. Seems like when he feels he needs to prove something that it gets ugly.
That's when you want the experience of a a guy like Woodson. Never let's the moment define him. Keeps his cool and understands his responsibilities. Makes plays based on his abilities to ANTICIPATE rather than react.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Hey, it could (and might) go that way. On the flip side of that coin, Finley has had arguably his best games against the Bears. I am preferring to think along those lines because this game is VERY important to me personally...I just about sh*t a screaming worm of ecstasy when the Pack won the NFC Championship, and accepted the Halas Trophy at Soldier Field. I can't think of a nicer kick in the slats for a Bears fan than to watch the Pack wrap up the North at Soldier Field.

I think that Briggs' response sums up my feelings toward Jermichael's baiting .. "Shut up and play". I'm still pulling for Finley to completely come out of his mental Neverland and complete his turn-around (Crosby too). Have to say that Marshall, Finley, Briggs and Urlacher's monkey sh*t fight is a welcome diversion though. I was afraid that the rivalry was being reduced to a Kumbaya session by the players. Personally, I don't 'hate' the Bears organization much ... however, their fans being miserable does indeed make my day... so... take 'em down hard, Pack. :)

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, it could (and might) go that way. On the flip side of that coin, Finley has had arguably his best games against the Bears. I am preferring to think along those lines because this game is VERY important to me personally...I just about sh*t a screaming worm of ecstasy when the Pack won the NFC Championship, and accepted the Halas Trophy at Soldier Field. I can't think of a nicer kick in the slats for a Bears fan than to watch the Pack wrap up the North at Soldier Field.

I think that Briggs' response sums up my feelings toward Jermichael's baiting .. "Shut up and play". I'm still pulling for Finley to completely come out of his mental Neverland and complete his turn-around (Crosby too). Have to say that Marshall, Finley, Briggs and Urlacher's monkey sh*t fight is a welcome diversion though. I was afraid that the rivalry was being reduced to a Kumbaya session by the players. Personally, I don't 'hate' the Bears organization much ... however, their fans being miserable does indeed make my day... so... take 'em down hard, Pack. :)
There's nothing here that I can disagree with...........except maybe being so ecstatic that one could sh*t a screaming worm of ecstasy:unsure:lol. I too hope that Finley breaks out, starting with tomorrow's game. And unlike the vikings, I have a lot of respect for the Bear's organization. But it's also thoroughly enjoyable to have achieved so much lately, on their turf and at their expense. :tup:

12theTruth

If Favre had retired as a Packer he would have went down as the most beloved player in NFL history. I've had countless fans of other teams enjoy watching Favre and always respect his competitive desire. As history has turned though Favre's lofty place has blown up. The sexting scandal along with Favre's comments to Bears players that he wished their victory over the Pack even though the Vikes were no threat for the playoffs at the juncture. In the end Favre self destructed due to his ego.

On the other hand Aaron Rodgers will NEVER appeal to the mainstream fan the way Favre did. Favre trends more simple and Rodgers more cerebral in their connection to the media and football fans.

I do not miss Brett Favre and will not celebrate the day of his induction into the Packer Hall of Fame. It is an inevitability that he gets inducted but its not certain whether Favre will make "ammends" with organization before that happens.

I

Should we buy a leaving card and start the collection for a farewell gift ?????

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Let's see what he does today first, Bill. :) I'd bet that getting upside the head as he did in McGinn's column might just be the sledge hammer that a thick-headed guy like Finley needs to finally see the light.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is getting overpaid. So unless JMF shows he is the 6th ranked TE that he is getting paid to be, he will be gone. Perhaps this is why it was leaked out that he will probably be cut.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can only hope this is the catalyst that will make him play like he could. So far he hasn't seemed to get the message. He has the potential to be an excellent player. His problem is above the shoulders.

H

HardRightEdge

http://packersinsider.com/?p=4900

Lotta critics out there now.......

Time is running out for Finley to return to difference-maker form to justify the price tag. If nothing else, the game plans make the odds prohibitive.

If there's any revelation in this piece, it's that Jennings is looking for $16 mil per year, assuming McGinn has inside info on this matter. That would have been non-starter without the injuries.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He is getting overpaid. So unless JMF shows he is the 6th ranked TE that he is getting paid to be, he will be gone. Perhaps this is why it was leaked out that he will probably be cut.
You don't leak that you're cutting a guy. You leak that you're looking to trade him, then cut him if nobody bites.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have to say that JMF earned his check today. Perhaps his best game this year or even compared to all of last year.

I

No they got moved to a separate thread because they were off topic.
No offence intended mate, but can`t we just put this little disagreement to bed now ?? Both of you had an opinion, and they differed is all. We`re better than this.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
No offence intended mate, but can`t we just put this little disagreement to bed now ?? Both of you had an opinion, and they differed is all. We`re better than this.
Oh I wasn't part of that debate. That guy said the other guy deleted his posts. I kindly informed him that the moderators wisely moved those posts to another thread because the posts were off topic, and that the debate could be continued there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts