Where are all the Finley critics now ?

FearThePack

13x World Champs!
Reaction score
Finley has been a bit better catching the ball lately, but the area he's most improved in over the last month? His blocking. That's almost more important than the drops issue and I think It's part of why the running game has improved lately.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Of course people are going to disagree with me, I was being abrasive about it. It was made politely though I agree. I actually don't get bothered by any of that excess celebration stuff. I enjoy it for the most part really.

Sorry NWCH it was not intended as a dig at you mate, I just thought it was a comment fairly made. No offence intended

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley has been a bit better catching the ball lately, but the area he's most improved in over the last month? His blocking. That's almost more important than the drops issue and I think It's part of why the running game has improved lately.

I have noticed this as well, I have even seen him running down field to help block. It's very refreshing to see.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Thing I've noticed about Fin blocking is the guy has to be shorter than him, or he has to catch the guy off guard. But that chip of his has been dropping guys. Fontenot has done a good job

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this a fair point made politely. I cant say good luck in the playoffs EVER, but have a good day yourself ;)
Of course people are going to disagree with me, I was being abrasive about it. It was made politely though I agree. I actually don't get bothered by any of that excess celebration stuff. I enjoy it for the most part really.
Sorry NWCH it was not intended as a dig at you mate, I just thought it was a comment fairly made. No offence intended
No worries, none taken. :tup: That's why I rated your post "friendly" :D

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He needs more than a season high 8 catches to do it "every" play. :-P But yes, I really don't mind. I agree that it is fairly stupid, but so are most play celebrations that players preform. From Jared Allen's stupid what ever the heck that thing is after he gets a sack to Victor Cruz's "Salsa Dance" TD celebration...all stupid. Heck even Clay's Predator thing is kind of old at this point. Still; I don't have an issue with any them.
Catching TDs and getting sacks are different than catching a ball.
I'll give you that a TD may be more worth celebrating than a first down. But I would contend that a first down is at least as significant as a sack. It keeps the Offence on the field for another 4 downs, that is pretty significant imo.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thing I've noticed about Fin blocking is the guy has to be shorter than him, or he has to catch the guy off guard. But that chip of his has been dropping guys. Fontenot has done a good job

I think Finley blocks whomever he is supposed to. I don't know if the guy was shorter than him or not but he blasted him and then went out for a pass on one play I noticed last night.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They weren't that's the point. If they stood by both players and were excited about their prospects for the upcoming season then why would I doubt their intelligence?

MM has been an unwavering supporter of Finley. Calls him the hardest worker on the team.

Members online

Latest posts