what's your favorite piece of packers memorabilia?

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I saw this on pft and thought that it would be a great question for the group:

What's your personal favorite/ most odd/best story piece of packers memorabilia that you own or have owned?

Pictures would he awesome!

H

HardRightEdge

I am the original owner of a 1964 "The Duke" team signature football. My father bought it for me at a charity auction for something like $35 if memory serves. That would be about $265 in today's dollars.

It looks to have been signed during the '64 preseason since one signature (Dwain Beane) was a '64 draftee I don't believe made the team. Being 9 years old at the time, I admit to kicking it around the yard a couple of times. Gasp! One side is faded a bit but all the signatures are legible.

Lombardi and all of the HOF players from that team are represented except Willie Davis.

McGee, Jerry Kramer, Caffey, Tom Brown and Skoronski are missing.

Hornung, oddly enough, signed it just "Hornung" assuming the clubhouse boy didn't sign for him.

Otherwise, all of the players listed on the '64 roster at packers.com are present along with 6 coaches.

Last edited by a moderator:

307PackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally haven't been able to get anything yet but hoping to real soon. I live closer to Denver than Green Bay so I will be going to Denver for the game this year and hope to get some autographs for my walls. If anyone has some recommendations or suggestions on Aaron Rodgers, please personal message me. I'd really like to hang a Rodgers autograph next to my Peyton Manning autograph.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
prob my game used 1996 desmond howard jersey. Desmond wore it all road games in 96. Desmond has his home jersey from 96 so this is the only jersey you will find of his from his SB MVP season.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I own a lot of Packer game used helmets, but recently picked up one of my favorites through a trade. It is LeRoy Butler's helmet worn during SBXXXII. What's unique about this helmet besides the SB decalon the rear is that it has a layer of wool/fleece inserted and sewn into the upper portion of the helmet - to add a bit of warmth during the cold games at Lambeau. Only the second time I have ever seen that in a helmet.

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

"Alaska" bear plaque - fifteen bucks on Ebay
Custom "NFC Championship" brass tag - ten bucks
Value as a unique conversation starter - priceless

I like it better than some of my signed stuff :D

Last edited:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I own a lot of Packer game used helmets, but recently picked up one of my favorites through a trade. It is LeRoy Butler's helmet worn during SBXXXII. What's unique about this helmet besides the SB decalon the rear is that it has a layer of wool/fleece inserted and sewn into the upper portion of the helmet - to add a bit of warmth during the cold games at Lambeau. Only the second time I have ever seen that in a helmet.
When do we get pics?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why I like this (or why Mrs. El Guapo lets me display it) but it's probably the innocence portrayed by the image. I also appreciate that they included good old Kenny Ruettgers on the far left.

Otherwise, I don't have any cool memorabilia except for an unbelievably tall pile of games that I've burned onto DVD

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here you are Ivo. I know you've been waiting - however I had to get out the tall ladder to take it down from the top shelf! I have a lot of favorites, but this is one of them.

OP
OP
sjb12681

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why I like this (or why Mrs. El Guapo lets me display it) but it's probably the innocence portrayed by the image. I also appreciate that they included good old Kenny Ruettgers on the far left.

Otherwise, I don't have any cool memorabilia except for an unbelievably tall pile of games that I've burned onto DVD

I had this growing up!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here you are Ivo. I know you've been waiting - however I had to get out the tall ladder to take it down from the top shelf! I have a lot of favorites, but this is one of them.

Maybe someday I can convince you to let go of one or two of your lids :)

Brett Favre 4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I love this photo, what is the name of it?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no clue where I bought it or the name. In the spirit of the forums, I'll pull it off the wall sometime in the next week or two and see if there is a name or title somewhere on the back. Doubtful though.

What I would really like is a reasonably priced print of the 2005 Lambeau opener in the newly renovated stadium. There is an overhead shot, and at the very bottom in the old handicapped lot, you can see our group tailgating during the game as only a few actually had tickets. The rest of us partied outside the entire time.

greenbay486

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is my pride and joy. Cost a fortune to buy and ship to England, let alone get it framed. Not many places frame NFL jerseys over here. However it was worth every penny to hang in my man room.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I`ve just realised I`ve owned three different shirts in my time as a Packer fan. A Brett Favre shirt, a Mark Chamura shirt, and a Darren Sharper shirt. Jeez !! can I pick them ?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
When I was about 12 years old, I was sitting poolside at Disney World when up walks Bart Starr and his wife Cherry. They took the lounge chairs next to me. My Dad and I spent 3 + hours laughing with them, swapping stories and him remembering me from Badger Football Banquet in which he insisted that instead of me taking a picture of him, that I come up and sit on his lap and have a waitress snap the picture of us. He signed my Disney Pass before he left. The "memorabilia" of the signed card may not be that special.....but the afternoon spent with Bart will always be with me.

Members online

Latest posts