what's your favorite piece of packers memorabilia?

greenbay486

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When I was about 12 years old, I was sitting poolside at Disney World when up walks Bart Starr and his wife Cherry. They took the lounge chairs next to me. My Dad and I spent 3 + hours laughing with them, swapping stories and him remembering me from Badger Football Banquet in which he insisted that instead of me taking a picture of him, that I come up and sit on his lap and have a waitress snap the picture of us. He signed my Disney Pass before he left. The "memorabilia" of the signed card may not be that special.....but the afternoon spent with Bart will always be with me.

That is amazing. Thank you for sharing such an awesome story. Kinda puts my jersey to shame!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
That is amazing. Thank you for sharing such an awesome story. Kinda puts my jersey to shame!

LOL......I have my Bart Starr jersey too...not signed, moth ridden and Kids Small...... One thing that I will always remember about Mr. Starr was how humble and gracious he was. Didn't act like a celebrity and I don't think he really wanted to be one.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew someone related to Nolan Cromwell and Favre signed an Atlanta rookie card. Showed it to a card place and the guy told me it was now worth less money because I don't have proof. Still, I know he signed it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My sons took me to Lambeau one December as part of my "bucket list". When we were walking through the hall of fame, my son nudged me and said; "Dad, is that Dave Robinson?" (There was a big guy packing boxes in a side room.) The only image I had in my head of Dave Robinson was from the fro in the 60's. I thought it wasn't him but some other employee of the stadium. Upon my boys' coaxing, I walked over to him and said; "Excuse me, but are you Dave Robinson?" (I was wearing a Bart Starr jersey at the time.) He looked at me with a big grin, stuck out his hand and said; "Yes, I am. And THAT (pointing at my jersey) was a great quarterback." He was packing boxes of his own book. I asked for one, we talked, he let the boys hold his Super Bowl rings, then signed a book for me, with the inscription; "To a true Packer fan".

This is another one of those things where the situation made the memorabilia valuable to me, but maybe not of a high street value.

Brett Favre 4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My sons took me to Lambeau one December as part of my "bucket list". When we were walking through the hall of fame, my son nudged me and said; "Dad, is that Dave Robinson?" (There was a big guy packing boxes in a side room.) The only image I had in my head of Dave Robinson was from the fro in the 60's. I thought it wasn't him but some other employee of the stadium. Upon my boys' coaxing, I walked over to him and said; "Excuse me, but are you Dave Robinson?" (I was wearing a Bart Starr jersey at the time.) He looked at me with a big grin, stuck out his hand and said; "Yes, I am. And THAT (pointing at my jersey) was a great quarterback." He was packing boxes of his own book. I asked for one, we talked, he let the boys hold his Super Bowl rings, then signed a book for me, with the inscription; "To a true Packer fan".

This is another one of those things where the situation made the memorabilia valuable to me, but maybe not of a high street value.

Nice story, Dave's induction was well deserved and well overdue into the Hall of Fame. I think he is originally from New Jersey, as am I lol.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now this is one instance where I would treasure an autograph. A personal one gotten through a chance meeting no less and an opportunity to actually have a somewhat meaningful exchange with the player. That is a memory you and your sons will always remember. Buying and autograph on line? Standing in line for 2 hours just so you can have some star wordlessly sign his name to a photo you just purchased for 30 bucks? sorry, not for me, If that's what you want I'm not criticizing, I'm just saying it is not for me.

I can't think of a single person I would stand in line for to get an autograph much less pay for one (you didn't say if you had to pay for it but I am assuming you at least bought the the book) for myself. I have purchased autos of Brian Urlacher and Devin Hester for my nephews (their favorite players) but I don't own a single autographed item even though I have a lot of collectibles. I"m sure I have a few autos of minor player mixed in with my cards but they would have come in team lots and nothing I sought out.

A book like that though would have a place near the top of my list of favorites.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am pretty proud of my Favre autograph I got at what was the then family day when they would have the players in the tunnels to the seats signing. He had just gotten traded to the Pack and I had gotten a box of Score football cards that xmas and I had about 8 cards of this Falcons draft pick from Southern Miss....when I saw he went to the pack I was all over getting his autograph....me and the entire 3 people in his line!!!!

The memory of the 96 football bus parade is more valuable though. I was a SR in HS and wearing my letter jacket and Don Beebe is from my super small HS in IL and he recognized my jacket and acknowledged it during his moment....that was really cool.

D

Dan115

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

In 1966 my father took me to the Packers training camp in July.

I happen to spot Ray Nitschke and another man leaning against an older model car and talking. I walked over to them and just stood in front of them with my 1966 Yearbook and a pen in my hand. After about 5 minutes Ray says to me

You want my autograph? I said yes, He took the yearbook and the pen and started to write his name---Sure the pen did not work-- But after a little effort on his part he was able to write his name on the book.

I said thank you and started to walk away. Then Ray barked at me.

HEY, you don't want this man's autograph? This is Lionel Aldridge.

I said -Oh yes thank you.

Lionel signed the year book, I said thank you and then turned and walked away.

I was just a dumb 13 year old. Still a good memory. The day Ray growled at me. Yes, still have the 66 yearbook.

Brett Favre 4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In 1966 my father took me to the Packers training camp in July.

I happen to spot Ray Nitschke and another man leaning against an older model car and talking. I walked over to them and just stood in front of them with my 1966 Yearbook and a pen in my hand. After about 5 minutes Ray says to me

You want my autograph? I said yes, He took the yearbook and the pen and started to write his name---Sure the pen did not work-- But after a little effort on his part he was able to write his name on the book.

I said thank you and started to walk away. Then Ray barked at me.

HEY, you don't want this man's autograph? This is Lionel Aldridge.

I said -Oh yes thank you.

Lionel signed the year book, I said thank you and then turned and walked away.

I was just a dumb 13 year old. Still a good memory. The day Ray growled at me. Yes, still have the 66 yearbook.

Pretty cool, your 1966 yearbook was signed by number 66.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
As a kid, I used to send letters to various players on the Packers asking for their autograph. Sending the letter directly to the Packers offices. Typically, I was always sent a nice picture with some kind of personalized signature. I'm wondering if I tried that today, would I get the same response or just a letter back saying "Please include $99 with your order"

Reaction score
I have the game worn cleats that were worn by Jennings in the Bronco-Packer MNF OT game in 2007 and both of them are signed!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a kid, I used to send letters to various players on the Packers asking for their autograph. Sending the letter directly to the Packers offices. Typically, I was always sent a nice picture with some kind of personalized signature. I'm wondering if I tried that today, would I get the same response or just a letter back saying "Please include $99 with your order"

You can still do that. Top stars traditionally dont get a good response rate

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can still do that. Top stars traditionally dont get a good response rate

And there is also the concern that the signature you do get may not have been signed by the player. Even with COAs I'd be somewhat suspect of any autograph I didn't witness myself.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And there is also the concern that the signature you do get may not have been signed by the player. Even with COAs I'd be somewhat suspect of any autograph I didn't witness myself.
People are obsessed with COAs, for someone who deals in GU memorabilia its only a starting point for it is legit. Ive seen incorrect COAs from 3 nfl teams in the past year alone.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
People are obsessed with COAs, for someone who deals in GU memorabilia its only a starting point for it is legit. Ive seen incorrect COAs from 3 nfl teams in the past year alone.

Exactly. If someone is going to fake an autograph (or a GU piece) what makes you think they won't fake a COA.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Exactly. If someone is going to fake an autograph (or a GU piece) what makes you think they won't fake a COA.

Thank you ;). My Gilbert Brown and William Henderson signed photos are now assigned to the bin :cry:.

Members online

Latest posts