What's Worse

Born Sinner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean the NFC Championship game?

I'll take making the Super Bowl over not having a chance at all. What kind of thread is this?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would rather see them lose a NFC play-off game then the humiliation of losing a Super Bowl.

As a Packer fan I know I partied for weeks leading up to the Super Bowl after loses to Atlanta, Seattle and the Giants thinking 'Whew.. thank god the Packers lost so they can possibly avoid losing in the Super Bowl'

You might as well say I'd rather they go 0-16 than lose in the playoffs.

I'm not humiliated by a team losing in the Super Bowl. If they are in the Super Bowl that means I got to enjoy the Packers playing the maximum number of times on a Sunday. Maybe the outcome sucks, but at least they got there.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
If losing early is the litmus test for fan happiness then Cleveland fans must be f-n giddy!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a Packer fan I know I partied for weeks leading up to the Super Bowl after loses to Atlanta, Seattle and the Giants thinking 'Whew.. thank god the Packers lost so they can possibly avoid losing in the Super Bowl'

You might as well say I'd rather they go 0-16 than lose in the playoffs.

I'm not humiliated by a team losing in the Super Bowl. If they are in the Super Bowl that means I got to enjoy the Packers playing the maximum number of times on a Sunday. Maybe the outcome sucks, but at least they got there.

I went with funny over agree because of the first part but I agree 100% with the second part.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Denver SB loss still hurts more than any other playoff game (well, maybe Seattle, but I'm not counting games where defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory :)) because of how it affects the Packers' standing. Without that loss, they'd be the only team with more than two appearances without a loss. As it stands, they're tied with the Giants and behind the 49ers.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though losing the Super Bowl hurts more, I think that making it there is an accomplishment in itself.
One thing Favre has over Rodgers right now is that he made it back to the Super Bowl.
It also puts the team on a national stage in a big way, so I'm sure it must increase revenue.
So I'll take the Super Bowl loss over an NFCCG loss. Besides, the Packers losing NFCCGs is getting to seem like a dime a dozen.

Members online

Latest posts