What would the Packers have done??

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I hate to play the devil's advocate here,..but I was thinking about this last night...

If the tables were turned, and it was the Packers that won the game in that fashion, would they have taken it as a win, or would they have conceded and not taken the points?

Is it even possible for a team to over rule the officials when it comes right down to it?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they would have hightailed it out of there, flew home and never spoken about that game.

seatle on the other hand acted like a bunch of clowns who just won the superbowl. and golden taint? dont get me started on that guy "i dont know what youre talking about"

Reaction score
You have to understand, this is how Golden Tate was probably brought up. He was taught that if he was caught doing something wrong, "deny it immediately". You could tell how quickly and sheepishly he answered.........."I don't know what you're talking about, I don't know what you're talking about". Anyway, let's move on! Saints next week, and we know Saints they ain't!

OP
OP
IluvGB

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
they would have hightailed it out of there, flew home and never spoken about that game.

seatle on the other hand acted like a bunch of clowns who just won the superbowl. and golden taint? dont get me started on that guy "i dont know what youre talking about"

I guess thats what sent me over the edge! They sure acted like it was a SB win!

Also games should never have to come down to such a controversial win... then it would't be
in the hands of a team to make a decision one way or the other....hence the officials!!

60six

DIE HARD
Reaction score
I hate to play the devil's advocate here,..but I was thinking about this last night...

If the tables were turned, and it was the Packers that won the game in that fashion, would they have taken it as a win, or would they have conceded and not taken the points?

Is it even possible for a team to over rule the officials when it comes right down to it?

What exactly does this mean.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Mike should have sent the 11 guys out there, made them point their posteriors in the direction of the scabs and collectively drop their drawers.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

If the tables were turned, and it was the Packers that won the game in that fashion, would they have taken it as a win, or would they have conceded and not taken the points?/quote]

Of course we would have taken the points. Any notion to the contrary is silly. And it wouldn't be the first time.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
im more upset about that pi call on shields than anything...horrendous

It was bad, but I've seen worse PI calls.

BTW, I've yet to see a reference to the PI call that gave us a first down that wasn't really a PI. Why are we only complaining about the one on Shields? Doesn't seem very objective. So if you want to talk about "shoulda" then we probably shouldn't have been in position to score that TD.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, in super slow motion, it was pass interference. The dback hit the receiver just before the ball arrived; granted it was close. Even so, the roughing penalty overturning the interception in Seattle territory could well have resulted in another TD, or even a FG, which would have put the game out of reach. Horrible officiating.

Reaction score

Idk how the team would react, but I know how every other fan out there would react..
There wouldn't be "Hey, seattle should've played better so they wouldn't be in this position."
They'd go off on their typical anti Packer rants about how every game we win is handed to us or some crap... smh.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No coach with any class and dignity would act like Carroll did. Way to dance around the field with your **** eating grin.

Latest posts