What will you consider as a "successful" 2023-24 season?

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
- Not ending with #1 pick
- Not ending last in NFC North
- Not ending with a losing record
- Making playoffs
- Winning NFC North
- Winning Conference
- Superbowl

Or any others.

Go.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The hamburglar was a very "successful" coach who now thinks he is Vince Lombardi.
anything over 6 wins.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Obviously Wins don’t always tell the whole story. There’s also lots of ways to feel good.

But generally speaking:
I’ll feel kinda “Meh” at 5-6 wins
I’ll feel good with 7 wins
I’ll feel great with 8-9 wins
I’ll feel incredible with 10 Wins
I’ll pee my pants with 11 wins
I’ll pee on your pants with 12+ wins

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
1. A defense that plays up to its potential. Top 10. Barry fired if they don't accomplish this.
2. Special teams not losing games
3. A WR group that runs the correct routes and can separate. Fewer drops
4. A TE that can create matchup problems for defenses and is relevant. 500 yds receiving.
5. Efficient QB in first year as a starter that is close to, or above league averages for completion percentage (~64%) and TD/INT ratio (~2/1). Break 3000 yds passing and statistics trending upwards as season progresses.
6. 2500+ yds rushing. Jones & Dillon should easily accomplish this.
7. Keep "WTF was that!?" yelling at the TV to a minimum when I watch the games.

I'm not going to fixate on wins this year but if they do what I have listed above they have a good shot at a winning record with a potential for playoffs

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Can I say that I have NO expectations on this season without sounding like a nattering nabob of negativism?

Lots of comparisons to Rodgers' first season pulling the trigger .. and that 6-win thing COULD happen again if our defense takes the season off as it did that season. I don't recall the specifics, I do recall being pissed off about early on though.

I'm not sold on our QB1 so if our D consistently gives up more than 21 per game - we're gonna be an unhappy 6-11 team.

I'm putting on Pollyanna braids and will call 10-7. 10 wins will no longer get you in the playoffs without a division title.

As long as the Pack whack Detroit and their "suddenly fans" upside the head, I'm good...I'm patient.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
At first I thought 500 was a lot until I realized that's <30 YPG
It's not a lot but 500 yards from any of the TEs would be a breakout performance considering they are either rookies or have not done much to date.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously Wins don’t always tell the whole story. There’s also lots of ways to feel good.

But generally speaking:
Some of these wins have to come through the coaching staff. We are no longer the team of heroes and gods.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

But generally speaking:
Screen shot saved

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meaningful football in week 17. Maybe they are officially eliminated from playoff contention and week 18 is meaningless, but having meaningful football in week 17 would be good.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But generally speaking:
I see progress if this team can beat the teams that are beatable. No one likes to lose period. But the sub par teams are a must to defeat. You may pull an occasional upset of an elite if they look past you.

Reaction score
I know Chicago at Soldier is just 1 game, however I think stealing a Win on the road against a team predicted to finish ahead of us starts to change the odds pretty good.
For me it’s weighted like a Test that the Professor announces will count double towards a final grade if we score an “A”