WHAT WAS THAT?!??

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Brett but he single-handedly lost the game for the team today, all by himself!

The defense played well, they were running the ball OK, the receivers played well, but Brett blew it for the other 51 players on the roster.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
That's because he doesn't have a team...

Can you imagine the pressure on someone who doesn't have a...

1. running game
2. receiving corps..
3. coaching staff...
4. Mike Holmgren...????

PPierce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That last play had nothing to do with the team around Favre and his five interceptions????? I l ove Brett; I think we all do, but we need to start planning for the future. This team is going to move ahead one day without Favre and we have NOBODY prepared to take over. Rogers isn't allowed to touch the football.

I'm one of those fans who now hopes we lose every game after today so we can have a high draft pick (Reggie Bush?) and Sherman gets fired. Clearly, we have big problems.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack...whether or not the packers had a team wasn't even an issue today because they played well. They were in the game...they were moving the ball well, running it, spreading it to the wrs, stopping them on d, and as the radio guys said, the only way they stop the Pack is if GB turns it over. Well Brett sure took care of that...then the spike play... I feel bad for all the pillows surrounding me at the end of the game.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tell you young disciplas! If a man'a named Reggie Bush'a, plays in green and gold'a next year, the Packers franchise will be saved'a!

Reggie Bush is our saviour!!! If we do not live our life for Reggie Bush our soul will find it's home in hell'a! If we do not live this life for Reggie Bush, that life belongs to Sherman!

The Packers have been smacked down by the Lord'a! But the saviour will take up the fight against the evil powers of Sherman!

Praise the saviour!

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
That's because he doesn't have a team...

Can you imagine the pressure on someone who doesn't have a...

1. running game
2. receiving corps..
3. coaching staff...
4. Mike Holmgren...????

I'm not sure what game you were watching, but Tony Fisher was running the ball and getting yardage,Driver was catching the the ball, Chatman was catching the ball, Franks was catching the ball......

This one doesn't fall on Sherman. 5 interceptions and the last play of the game was what lost it. This game was very winnable.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ok..

so let's bench Brett Favre..

is that what you want...will that help the Pack...?

Hell..maybe if you sign Mike Sherman and Tom Rossley for 3 more years in 2010...maybe the Pack will make the playoffs.....again..under Mike Sherman with Aaron Rodgers...but I doubt it...

Sherman and Rossley will have made millions by then coaching the Pack...!

Jeez..i think some of you guys want to return to the 70's...maybe you were more comfortable being perrenial losers....

i don't friggin know

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Pack66....Brett played like a stud the last 3 weeks. There was no need for him to force anything today, the offense was clicking, but in the 2nd half he forced it. I want him to stop pulling stunts like what he did today.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The reason they were moving the ball and that receivers were making plays was because of Brett Favre...and as usual..when the Packers are overmatched..Brett also throws interceptions...you can't have it both ways..

The whole reason they were in this game..or any game.. is because of Favre...put most other QB's in this situation and it's a blow out with alot of 3 and outs..

at least the guy's tryin' to win...he can't do it all by himself...

as many of you ingrates feel he should!

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
and rabid..since you didn't get to see Brett's brilliance in action on the last play...

Pack lining up to spike the ball w/ about 5 seconds to go. Brett fakes the spike, and EVERY SINGLE PLAYER ON THE PACKERS stands still since they needed to spike it to set up for a last play. After about 2 seconds people realize Brett screwed them over and they better run a play since time had now run out, brett runs around, hits franks for a short gain (beyond the L.O.S.) he's flagged, but the time had run out.

Wow, that really sucks. Maybe I'm glad I didn't see the game. Thanks for describing plays for me though. :)

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW!!!! I'm absolutely stunned Pack66! You think I'm a MS apologist?!? So how many interceptions does it take for you to admit that Brett might have made even the slightest of blunders?!? Would 12 be enough?

The wrs were open...Brett doesn't get them open. If Brett is the only one responsible for a functioning running game, why has it only been effective 2 times this season, when Brett has been the qb 7 times?!?

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"Brett screwed them over"..eh musscy...

That statement says it all...

Favre should go play for Mooch and the Lions as much as he's appreciated around here!

(at least he'd have a REAL head coach since Holmgren left..instead of the two perverts he has now!_)

(Jeez Musscy..you sound almost happy that Favre threw 5 picks...)

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
The reason they were moving the ball and that receivers were making plays was because of Brett Favre...and as usual..when the Packers are overmatched..Brett also throws interceptions...you can't have it both ways..

The whole reason they were in this game..or any game.. is because of Favre...put most other QB's in this situation and it's a blow out with alot of 3 and outs..

at least the guy's tryin' to win...he can't do it all by himself...

as many of you ingrates feel he should!

The point is, Favre is FORCING the ball to try to make plays were none exist.
Under-thrown balls make for interceptions, which is what happened today. This is not hard for anyone to understand....at least I would believe.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly wischeez.

And Pack, yes, he did...his bonehead play at the end of the game, his forcing it on int #4 and 5...yes, that screwed over the team.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
HEy..Musscy..

Guess what?

Sherman's gone..after this year...Brett screwed them over...BUT SHERMAN'S GONE..!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHSHSHSHA!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next to the St. Louis playoff game a few years ago, this was his poorest performance.

He thinks he can pull off the crap he did a decade ago, problem is he doesn't have the receivers, and he thinks he can simply pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Sherman did him a favor not benching him.

The final play should have gone like this...a spike, :02 seconds left, pass into the end zone for an interference call or a touchdown.

This loss is no one's but Brett Favre's. The defense played very well, overall.

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Exactly wischeez.

And Pack, yes, he did...his bonehead play at the end of the game, his forcing it on int #4 and 5...yes, that screwed over the team.

Thanks musccy, at least someone understands.....

That last play is what blew any chance for a tie. they would have had 5-6 seconds left for at least 1,maybe 2 shots at the end-zone.

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WHOA! Miracles never cease! You admitted that Brett biffed it this game! I don't think you've ever said that before!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing I'll give you PackIt...you're consistent...consistently wrong.

I would love to have you describe in your deeeeep thinking ways how you can lay this one on Sherman?

Please...enlighten us...?

OP
OP
M

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Net, wischeez, you're exactly right. Sure, Marino pulled a fake spike, but doing it from the 25 yard line?!? You aren't going to gain 25 yards by fooling opponent on something like that.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Go ahead..net..and musscy...and all the rest of you aholes..

Bench Favre..and see how far you get!

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The comment was made..."Bench Favre and see how far you get..." Well, Favre has played every game and we are now 1-6. That's not getting very far at all. It's hard to get any worse than that. But we are now even with Houston and San Fran. Talk about the upper stratosphere!!!(dripping with sarcasm)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts