What To Make Of Our WR No-Shows

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I am going to do what a team player and career motivated person does, know when the OTA's are and squeeze my vacation into one of the many months that I have the luxury to have off. This isn't a boss suddenly asking me to cancel vacation plans. These were scheduled and known way out in advance. You do realize that some players are actually making money directly and potentially indirectly by being at the OTA's?

You are a curious creature. You are so hell bent on players rights and now apparently laziness is something you favor, that you seem to forget about what is possibly best for a career and your team. Why didn't you mention the effect that your starting QB and 4 WR's missing OTA's has on their teammates, but are quick with a "are your going to do it for the good of management and the shareholders?"

Wow. Calling professional football players lazy for not showing up for voluntary practices. If you're so insistent that they show up, then put without bonuses into the contract that mean something. It worked for Z and Clark.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Is it possible, perhaps likely, that there is contention between Rodgers and the FO? Plenty of evidence to support that.

I don't think any side is denying that there isn't a problem. Maybe a month ago it was speculation, but pieces are slowly dropping into place and possibly the biggest piece right now, is Rodgers silence, as well as his current and former teammates comments after talking to him.

Maybe some of the drama and issues aren't as big as everyone is making them out to be, but I don't think there is any doubt this isn't just a bad rumor or minor disagreement.

What also strikes me as odd. If I was in a marriage that was rumored to be on the rocks and my friends, family and co-workers started talking and speculating about it and all sorts of stuff spread that was incorrect, I would want to nip it in the bud and set the record straight. Rodgers doesn't appear to be in any hurry to do that. Is this his way of getting back at the Packers for not keeping him in the loop about the Love pick?

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One player, even Aaron Rodgers, shouldn't be able to declare that managements philosophy is faulty because it doesn't agree with his. Problem for the Packers, he appears to carry a lot of weight with his teammates.
This pretty much defines "locker room cancer". :(

Reaction score
I think the FO should drop a rumor that Davante is being traded...and they’re working down a list.. Then remain very silent about it.. .. let them all sweat n fidget

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The receivers don't, or the bonuses are very small. You'll notice that the guys with large bonuses ARE showing up. Rodgers is obviously a unique situation.

Davante has a $500K workout bonus, just like Rodgers.

Funchess is willing to give up $50K. To me it isn't just the Workout bonus money these guys are giving up, its a chance to earn a starting job or really, maybe a job.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wow. Calling professional football players lazy for not showing up for voluntary practices. If you're so insistent that they show up, then put without bonuses into the contract that mean something. It worked for Z and Clark.

So do you prefer I use the term "greedy" after your explanation of why some show up?

You seem to like to mix in your own facts with some of your posts. Davante Adams isn't showing up and he has a $500K workout bonus at jeopardy.

The fact that you think workout bonuses have to be given just to get people to show up, leads me to believe that your idea of motivation is ....money? We come from different sides of the track my friend. I won't get into what makes us different, but I will simply say, there is more in life than money.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What also strikes me as odd. If I was in a marriage that was rumored to be on the rocks and my friends, family and co-workers started talking and speculating about it and all sorts of stuff spread that was incorrect, I would want to nip it in the bud and set the record straight. Rodgers doesn't appear to be in any hurry to do that. Is this his way of getting back at the Packers for not keeping him in the loop about the Love pick?

Two problems here. This isn’t a marriage, it is business. If it doesn’t help his negotiating position, why should he publicly comment? Rodgers comments at the Derby imply that whatever is going on was meant to stay in-house.

Second, you presume that the issue is the drafting of Love. It certainly could be, and I don’t doubt it threw him for a loop on draft night 2020, but the idea that Rodgers is upset with the Org because of the pick is still just speculation.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Second, you presume that the issue is the drafting of Love. It certainly could be, and I don’t doubt it threw him for a loop on draft night 2020, but the idea that Rodgers is upset with the Org because of the pick is still just speculation.

I never said that the issue solely lied with the Love pick. I actually think it started way before that and that was just the straw that broke the camels back. Speculation yes, but what else you got? I merely asked if Rodgers silence about the situation was his way of paying the Packers back for theirs about Love. Of course he doesn't want to give his position away, that would ruin his leverage.

The marriage analogy on my part was to try to explain what can happen in a relationship. Whether they are business, friendship, marital, contractual etc. Sorry that you don't see how the dots connect.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante has a $500K workout bonus, just like Rodgers.

Funchess is willing to give up $50K. To me it isn't just the Workout bonus money these guys are giving up, its a chance to earn a starting job or really, maybe a job.

Then Adams obviously doesn't value that money enough to risk injury? Let's not forget these guys all watched the best LT in the league suffer a major non-contact injury. Probably fresh in some of their minds.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Then Adams obviously doesn't value that money enough to risk injury? Let's not forget these guys all watched the best LT in the league suffer a major non-contact injury. Probably fresh in some of their minds.

Yes....so that must be it and your previous statement false?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So do you prefer I use the term "greedy" after your explanation of why some show up?

You seem to like to mix in your own facts with some of your posts. Davante Adams isn't showing up and he has a $500K workout bonus at jeopardy.

The fact that you think workout bonuses have to be given just to get people to show up, leads me to believe that your idea of motivation is ....money? We come from different sides of the track my friend. I won't get into what makes us different, but I will simply say, there is more in life than money.

Well... How else would you explain guys not showing up? I imagine they have other things they'd rather do than risk injury for A) free or B) not enough to make them want to risk injury; let's remember they all recently saw the best LT suffer a major injury in practice.

You are darn right about more to life! Like family and friends! How many of these guys grew up in Green Bay I wonder? You think their family and friends all live in Green Bay?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes....so that must be it and your previous statement false?

You seem to believe I'm a mind reader. I'm just giving various reasons why guys might not show up. Maybe some of them are major slackers who care nothing for the team or their career and, if so, that sucks. I prefer to believe they have other plans that they value more than practice during their vacations.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said that the issue solely lied with the Love pick. I actually think it started way before that and that was just the straw that broke the camels back. Speculation yes, but what else you got? I merely asked if Rodgers silence about the situation was his way of paying the Packers back for theirs about Love. Of course he doesn't want to give his position away, that would ruin his leverage.

The marriage analogy on my part was to try to explain what can happen in a relationship. Whether they are business, friendship, marital, contractual etc. Sorry that you don't see how the dots connect.

Again, you presume Rodgers even wants to get them back for drafting Love.

As far as the marriage analogy, I did connect the dots. It’s just a poor one, as the rules of business vs. a personal relationship are different.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
As far as the marriage analogy, I did connect the dots. It’s just a poor one, as the rules of business vs. a personal relationship are different.

Marriage is more than just a personal relationship, it is also a contractual agreement...but we can agree to disagree on the relevance of my analogy.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do not buy the risk of injury. Didn't a Denver player just lose a ton of money because he got hurt working out on his own?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If that is the case, solidarity is sometimes a great thing, but if Rodgers is traded, I am making damn sure I know where Davante's loyalties lie before I sign him to a huge new contract. If he says he is done in GB if Rodgers is, trade him now while you can get value for him.
Imagine having an organization that would allow Rodgers and Adams to walk out the door...

*lol*

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wasn't that before Love was drafted?
So then he lied when he said it wasnt about Love?

Have people connected the dots?

He feels (either was told, implied, or is guessing.) after 2021 he would be gone. Key is we dont know and maybe no one ever said it..but I believe rodgers felt that way.

He proved he could still do it. Monkey wrench anyoje5

And no way in hell they get rid of him now (in his own mind) So he wanted some guarntees. What ever they are??? Maybe he didnt like Gutes answer? Or maybe Russ's answer? Maybe mark murphy said something.

And thats why he is sticking to his stance??

It has nothing to do with love at all..its the fact he felt he was gone, but tossed that monkey wrench

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Imagine having an organization that would allow Rodgers and Adams to walk out the door...

*lol*

Define "allowed". With Rodgers, they may have no choice, unless they are willing to cave to whatever his demands might be.

As far as Adams, if his contract is up and he signs with someone else, there is not much the Packers could do about it.

I think even worse, would be to "allow" 2 great players to leave the organization and not get anything in exchange for them.

Members online

Latest posts