1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What team should be relocated? And where?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Scout200, Nov 3, 2010.

1. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    I think the Chargers started there as well.

2. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +132
    L. A Rams (who played in Anaheim)
    L.A. Raiders
    L.A. Charges (moved to San Diego after 1 year)
    L.A. Dons (in the 1940's...played in the same league as the Cleveland Browns...folded after 4 years)

Some people think USC is a professional team

3. Mushroom

Mushroom Packer Owner/Shareholder

Ratings:
    +105
    Hey now, thats a huge positive! I love me some wings :)I know Vegas was trying for a baseball team...not sure if football would work or not..?

4. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I'd relocate Buffalo to Toronto.

Toronto is only 120 miles north of Buffalo. It would give the NFL a Canadian presence and be the first step toward globalization. New York already has three teams so many of the Bills fans would just jump on one of those teams's fan bases (probably Giants). Also, I think the Bills could even maintain some of their current fans since Toronto isn't that far from Buffalo. Not like they'd be going to Los Angeles...they could still watch some games if they wanted. Also, they wouldn't have to do a massive reconfiguration of divisions since Toronto still fits in the AFC East.

I also like the idea of moving a team to Vegas, but I've heard they have one of the smallest TV markets and that prevents them from getting professional teams.

What about Oklahoma City? I dunno I just know they have NBA and they're a big football state, too.

5. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,329

Buffalo to Toronto or Montreal is a good idea. Lets include a couple of cross border teams like the NHL does. The Jags could move to Nebraska, or Alabama

6. JoshuaRHuffman

Ratings:
    +60
    My guess is if Minnesota moves to L.A., then the Rams will probably move into the NFC North (yeah... Dallas in the NFC East makes no sense, either). That, or the Rams move into the AFC South and then Indianapolis moves into the NFC North.

7. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +132
    Toronto-No. It would offend Canada, CFL overlaps NFL season.

Vegas-Unlikely. NFL is very paranoid about gambling.

8. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +847
    Except that's why we have injury reports. So the people who do gamble know who will be or won't be starting.

9. YoKramer

YoKramer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    Oh god please dont put the Colts in the NFC North lol

10. JoshuaRHuffman

Ratings:
    +60
    By then, Manning will probably retire and it'll be like having 2 Detroit Lions in our conference :)

11. GreenGoldAngel

Ratings:
    +132
    Croak-
    Wer nicht liebt wein, weib, gesang, der bleibt ein narr sein leben lang= (He) Who does not love wine, woman and song, remains a fool his whole life.

wein is an anagram for wine
    Have a nice day

12. JoshuaRHuffman

Ratings:
    +60
    The Argonauts or Alouettes would just have to get their games scheduled on a non-Sunday. Considering CFL games are usually played on days outside of Sunday anyway, CFL isn't really an issue. Make the Bills a permanent fixture in Toronto and they're outselling the Argonauts/Alouettes.

13. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Bills games sell out in Buffalo. They don't in Toronto.

14. JoshuaRHuffman

Ratings:
    +60
    Of course they don't sell out yet (Actually, they technically do since Rogers Center buy all the tickets from the Bills. After that, it's if you want to believe the #'s they release). An 0-7 team who

*Comes to town once a year
    *Play indoors
    *Charges much higher ticket prices than when they play at Buffalo
    *Tailgating restrictions due to strict open liquor laws (That would have to be addressed or yes, NFL wouldn't work because you're not getting the "NFL experience").

Right now, Toronto fans are much better off making the two hour trip to see the Bills in Buffalo than going under this "Toronto series." Toronto not only is a bigger market, but you'd automatically gain fans from across the entire country of Canada due to country allegiance. Mixed in with the Bills fans who'd remain loyal and just make the 2 hour trip to Canada, and NFL has a successful organization outside the US.

15. Zeck180

Zeck180 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +149

The NFL would never consider Iowa, one main reason we have no facilities large enough to occupy a NFL franchise, plus if we have many minor pro-teams, mostly in the Des Monies area: Iowa Cubs, Iowa Energy(NBA-Development League), Iowa Barnstormers (AFL(Arena)), Des Monies Menace (USL Premier Development League) and USHL teams: Waterloo Black Hawks, Des Moines Buccaneers, Cedar Rapids RoughRiders, Sioux City Musketeers. Add on to that the three main universities, UNI, ISU and U of I.

We're full of sports, but no pro-teams, unless the UFL choses Iowa for a expansion (Which might happen), to rival Omaha who has sold out every home game(20,000 seats est,). Which that would be the closes we'd get to a pro-team.

The largest stadium is Kinnick Stadium, cap: 70,585.

16. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    If the Vikings do move to LA then my proposed name change would be: The Smog Monsters.

17. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,329
    It's a German quote from Luther. It also is a catchy rhyme. Your translation left off the rhyming "long". I always get a kick out of this quote since it came from a famous preacher. It's true though.

18. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    it was a joke. Iowa would just close enough to make it worse for Minnesota

19. skibum55

skibum55 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I would move the 'queens to the Phillipines - and rename them the (sarcastic drum roll):band:...Manila folders.

Opa war drei Tage krank, jetzt trinkt er wieder, Gott Sei dank (Grandpa was sick for three days, now he drinks again, thank God)!

20. Croak

Ratings:
    +1,329
    GROAN on the first one! The second one was funny! (Although a better English translation would probably be "now he's drinking again")

21. Scout200

Scout200 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    :rotfl:I would LOVEto see that!!!!!

22. Pegger Packer

Pegger Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +114
    Living up in Canada, the biggest rumour that's whispered around these parts is that the NFL in Toronto-experiment is a feeler to see if its feasible to move the Bills permanently to T.O....

I personally hope this does NOT happen.