What Should They Do?

Should the Packers fire Gutey and give Rodgers the extension that ties him to the team for the next

• Yes

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No

Votes: 43 81.1%

• Total voters

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was released because we saw his ceiling for 2 years and it was nothing. Here or anywhere else.

I'm not sure about that. For whenever he was on field, his catch % and YpR were as good as MvS. I never really felt he was fully utilized before being let go.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure about that. For whenever he was on field, his catch % and YpR were as good as MvS. I never really felt he was fully utilized before being let go.
He played entire games and didn't even get a look his way. He showed up in preseason articles is about it. He had like 1 memorable play that turns out was the wrong call anyway. He wasn't that good. Not making it thru entire seasons on people's PS squads helped him prolong his career in the NFL because he kept his eligibility for one.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He played entire games and didn't even get a look his way. He showed up in preseason articles is about it. He had like 1 memorable play that turns out was the wrong call anyway. He wasn't that good. Not making it thru entire seasons on people's PS squads helped him prolong his career in the NFL because he kept his eligibility for one.
Were you a Janis hater too?:whistling:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears won 1 with a middling QB, great RB and great D. Green Bay has won 2 with 2 HOF QB's, very good OL's, WR's & RB's and very good defenses. With AR the offense has had a chance at being SB-worthy since 2011. Gute knows that the D hasn't been SB-worthy since 2010/11 and is using a disproportionate amount of draft capital to get it there. That may not be AR's favorite approach but the D needs the work to get over the top, IMHO.
The Bears won their SB before all of the rule changes that made quarterbacks more important. I would love to go back to that smashmouth era but the comparisons aren't valid. Most Super Bowls winners in the past 20 years have come from teams with elite qb's. While a few weren't like the 2015 Broncos with an ailing Manning, It's smart to go with the odds that are predicated by all of the rule changes meant to coddle elite qb's.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears won their SB before all of the rule changes that made quarterbacks more important. I would love to go back to that smashmouth era but the comparisons aren't valid. Most Super Bowls winners in the past 20 years have come from teams with elite qb's. While a few weren't like the 2015 Broncos with an ailing Manning, It's smart to go with the odds that are predicated by all of the rule changes meant to coddle elite qb's.
I don't think the "era" has much to do with it, the Bear's won because of their D.

I also don't agree that it takes a HOF QB to win the Super Bowl (using your time frame), although it helps. 2001 Baltimore-Trent Dilfer; 2003 Tampa Bay-Brad Johnson; 2013 Baltimore-Joe Flacco; 2016 Denver-Smart/experienced yet physically hobbling Peyton Manning; and 2018 Philadelphia-Nick Foles.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think the "era" has much to do with it, the Bear's won because of their D.

I also don't agree that it takes a HOF QB to win the Super Bowl (using your time frame), although it helps. 2001 Baltimore-Trent Dilfer; 2003 Tampa Bay-Brad Johnson; 2013 Baltimore-Joe Flacco; 2016 Denver-Smart/experienced yet physically hobbling Peyton Manning; and 2018 Philadelphia-Nick Foles.
Plus how many did Eli win?

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers is starting to get a little childish with his insults to the GM........

TEXPAC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently he has compared him in posts to a a less than desirable person with the Bulls. He apparently has also discouraged free agents from coming to GB. The word sabotage could be used?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I think Rodgers is starting to get a little childish with his insults to the GM........
Apparently he has compared him in posts to a a less than desirable person with the Bulls. He apparently has also discouraged free agents from coming to GB. The word sabotage could be used?
Seems like a pouty child to me?
As Poppa asked previously, where are the direct quotes?

Or are you one of those that are also believing everything that is being reported as the gospel.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As Poppa asked previously, where are the direct quotes?

Or are you one of those that are also believing everything that is being reported as the gospel.
While I fully agree with you, you also can't deny multiple similar "reports" from multiple people. Plus we knew last year there was already some tension between Rodgers and the FO. None of us know anything but odds are that there is at least some truth to most of these "reports"

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
While I fully agree with you, you also can't deny multiple similar "reports" from multiple people. Plus we knew last year there was already some tension between Rodgers and the FO. None of us know anything but odds are that there is at least some truth to most of these "reports"
There's some truth to anything, just like there's some BS to anything as well.

Reaction score
If either of you had the leverage in your profession to try to negotiate an extension for yourself, knowing that your employer could get rid of you in a year if they wanted to, would you not explore that opportunity? Every single one of you would.
Good post.

For me personally, this whole situation has nothing to do with WHAT he is trying to do
and everything with HOW he’s going about it.

Rodgers has made public his ultimatums (that are outlandish in nature). Where is David Dunn in all this? As Rodgers representation, you can be just as culpable (as an active participant is) in a dispute like this by being silent. What’s been Dunn’s response to this if any has anyone heard?

I’m really curious what is his response to Rodgers inflammatory public statements or are these in any way by his recommendation or his knowledge beforehand. This is poor legal representation IMO. He’s silently allowing his client to hang himself and that’s very curious to me.
I’m not hearing anything out if his corner..
but beginning to smell a rat

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That "although it helps" is carrying a LOT in that sentence. You're basically saying, "you can win without an elite QB if you build a PHENOMENAL defense".

Reaction score
That "although it helps" is carrying a LOT in that sentence. You're basically saying, "you can win without an elite QB if you build a PHENOMENAL defense".
There’s more ways to skin a cat.

I know Jordan is young and he may take a year or two. But in understanding his strengths, he’s bern compared to some really good QB athletes. We might be sitting on a gem here and maybe this was Gods plan all along. It’s not like Aaron Rodgers hasn’t had opportunities. He’s mentally checked out and I don’t like trying to play psychologist for 3 more seasons. Not to mention if he gets seriously hurt? We’re sunk

If GB can get a couple of day 1-2 selections and roll that massive cap? We might very well be on our way to grab a few good FA additions and hit the draft hard next season. Getting a quality backup QB and another key Offensive weapon. Turn getting a Boundary WR who’s competing there at #2. Going after a dominant DL next to Clark.

Lets put this saga to rest and trade him to a suitable partner with both parties. Let’s work with him and make him happy. I’m really excited to see why they’re so high on Jordan, if he’s near as good as they say he’ll cost us 3mil a season.

Rodgers wants out... give him out and let him play elsewhere. Let’s beat him fair and square.

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A phenomenal defense certainly helps. An average defense can certainly derail a team even with a HOF QB. An elite QB appears to allow for at least one SB win (AR, Roethlisburger, Brees, Wilson). In the last 20 years 25% of Super Bowl winners had average QB's from my previous post, 20% one-timer HOF'ers (above), 10% Eli Manning (possible HOF'er), 5% Mahomes (too early to categorize), 5% Peyton Manning in his prime, and the other 35% Brady. A HOF QB gives a team a shot but many more factors affect that also. We've seen ST blunders, coaching miscues and poor defenses kill GB's playoff runs in the past 20 years.

Reaction score
It’s just my guess. Rodgers wants a 4 year commitment (he’s at 1yr) and he’s realizing he’s getting really old. :roflmao:
Plus he won’t let the Gute thing go, that’s going to be a stumbling block for him. He’s already gone it’s just going through the motions.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A phenomenal defense certainly helps. An average defense can certainly derail a team even with a HOF QB. An elite QB appears to allow for at least one SB win (AR, Roethlisburger, Brees, Wilson). In the last 20 years 25% of Super Bowl winners had average QB's from my previous post, 20% one-timer HOF'ers (above), 10% Eli Manning (possible HOF'er), 5% Mahomes (too early to categorize), 5% Peyton Manning in his prime, and the other 35% Brady. A HOF QB gives a team a shot but many more factors affect that also. We've seen ST blunders, coaching miscues and poor defenses kill GB's playoff runs in the past 20 years.

All correct. I'll add that having the elite QB also keeps your window open a lot longer. It's easier to maintain the elite QB, once you find him, than the elite defense.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of two things is at play here...either Rodgers is in a pissing match with the FO...or Love is every bit the 1st rounder they drafted and the FO is ready to unleash him.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of two things is at play here...either Rodgers is in a pissing match with the FO...or Love is every bit the 1st rounder they drafted and the FO is ready to unleash him.
The latter is a take that few are willing to consider, let alone accept even if true.

Members online

Latest posts