What players have you been disappointed with this season? Pleasantly surprised?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds..Savage..he has played some good games..but then seems to revert back to sloppy play. Maybe getting Alexander back will help?
Mvs...like Savage has some good games..then..totally disappears. Maybe he's been banged up, more than they let on? Hoping he can get back out there soon.
Studs..Kenny fing Clark..and Amos..no need to say more. Gary..guy is relentless! Preston Smith..had a very good season. Devondre Campbell & Rasul Douglas..two great finds by Gutey!

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah and Oren Burks...SUCKS!! I hope he NEVER plays on defense ever again!!

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perhaps it's just naive fantasy, but with Cobb back, I was expecting this O to do great things and dominate games, which didn't really happen.

We were perpetually at a stage where we hint of greatness, but settle for just winning the game.

Now I agree this might sound like a glory hunter, but I really want games where we put opponents out of misery at half time or 3Q.

Kinda, mixed emotions. Overall happy, but still a bit of a downer.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointed:

Jordan Love - I know the sample size is small, and there is time for him to blossom, BUT..his confidence doesnt seem to be there at all. He should've started to grasp some of it and his accuracy is disturbing.

Darnell Savage - the 2nd half of the season was very mediocre to below average - loses coverage and seems to be out of position a lot.

Mason Crosby - the yips and the yeps...he has been all over the place and strangely so.

Amari Rodgers - still young but seems a bit star struck this year. He has great speed but we havent seen too much of it on a regular basis this year.

Mr. Kramer - for balking at the feats of strength to work a double shift at H&H Bagels.

Pleasantly Surprised:

AJ Dillon - oh my he is coming on. Just an absolute hammer this year. He has better than average receiving ability as well.

Devondre Campbell - without him I'd say this team loses 3 or 4 more games. Consistent mostly and a great read and react player with range.

Eric Stokes - for a rookie, he is so quick and can close with speed in coverage. His ball skills will come but what a nice first year with all the injuries.

Rasul Douglas - pick up of the year and is at times a ball hawk and opportunistic.

Dennis Kelly - Turner goes out and he steps in and does what I consider to be a way above average job, great in pass pro and holds his own.

Lucas Patrick - I thought wed be in trouble but he is so versatile moving to center and just has had a really nice edge to him this year.

George Costanza - He fought his father and Festivus was reborn.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Surprised:
Nijman, Newman, Myers, Runyon. The youth on the OL played above their paygrade.
Gary flashed before but showed consistency at the former flash level.
AR12 -- I thought last season was a final hurrah before the descent into mediocrity commenced.

Disappointed:
MVS - I thought he had turned the corner and would become something special.
Mason -- C'mon man. You have one job and all week to practice it.
Savage, King -- they flashed but missed the consistency train.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointed:
- Savage. Second half of the season Savage was not good. He needs to get back up to par in two weeks.
- Mason Crosby. Could easily switch this to all of special teams. But a missed field goal could cost this team a super bowl.
- Amari Rodgers. Thought he was going to be electrifying, more like horrifying.

Suprised by:
- The entire Oline that has stepped up in the biggest way. Reason this team locked the #1 seed.
- De’Vondre Campbell, obviously this man has been an absolute stud.
- Rasul Douglas and Eric Stokes. Was I thrilled the Packers took Eric Stokes (yes, actually I loved his speed but did not think he would be ready his first year). He was ready. Douglas was potentially the best pick up of the year.

Offensive underrated POTY- AJ Dillon or Jon Runyon

Defensive underrated POTY- Adrian Amos, Krys Barnes
Disappointed: Burks, Amari, Crosby.

Surprising: Stokes, Douglas, Campbell.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's appeared on some lists, but I don't get the criticism he gets sometimes and that is MVS. It doesn't surprise me though, many folks misinterpret and expect vastly different things from his style of a WR than they should.

MVS is the only one out of Lazard, Adams and himself that has actually seen an increase statistically in yards per snap he is out there. Lazard went from .96 to .72, Adams 1.78 to 1.75 and MVS went from .87 to .95. The crazy thing is the number of shorter and 1st down targets/completion he has this year for such a limited season due to injury. Every single one of these main three saw their personal completion percentage drop a lot - so should we be pointing a disappointed finger at most likely the MVP of the league? Adams dropped from 77.2 to 72.80 - Lazard 71.7 to 66.70 - MVS 52.4 to 47.30....and before folks bemoan and ignorantly attack MVS for his completion percentage research and look up the stats for the pure deep threat type guys over the years, they routinely live in the 50s given the nature of there target depth...MVS has room to improve without question but it isn't as bad as many think.

D

Deleted member 6794

Perhaps it's just naive fantasy, but with Cobb back, I was expecting this O to do great things and dominate games, which didn't really happen.

We were perpetually at a stage where we hint of greatness, but settle for just winning the game.

Now I agree this might sound like a glory hunter, but I really want games where we put opponents out of misery at half time or 3Q.

Kinda, mixed emotions. Overall happy, but still a bit of a downer.

The Packers offense struggled at times over the first 10 games but over the last seven they ranked second in points scored in the league.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointed
Love: his only issue in my eyes is his poise. Rodgers had it to begin with, but most QBs need to get comfortable and in command and it takes a few seasons. But Love should be farther along. Thinking he is a dumpster fire at this point is just stupid. He has shown he has some ability and he may realize it soon.

Surprised
I'm going with Nijman. What team has 3 above average LTs? Our OL coaching has to be the best in the league. I thought that our season was done when we lost the first 2 LTs. There are quite a few good choices for most surprised.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointed:
- Savage. Second half of the season Savage was not good. He needs to get back up to par in two weeks.
- Mason Crosby. Could easily switch this to all of special teams. But a missed field goal could cost this team a super bowl.
- Amari Rodgers. Thought he was going to be electrifying, more like horrifying.

Suprised by:
- The entire Oline that has stepped up in the biggest way. Reason this team locked the #1 seed.
- De’Vondre Campbell, obviously this man has been an absolute stud.
- Rasul Douglas and Eric Stokes. Was I thrilled the Packers took Eric Stokes (yes, actually I loved his speed but did not think he would be ready his first year). He was ready. Douglas was potentially the best pick up of the year.

Offensive underrated POTY- AJ Dillon or Jon Runyon

Defensive underrated POTY- Adrian Amos, Krys Barnes

Your list pretty much mirrors what I was thinking.

Early on I would have added Boroquez to the pleasantly surprised by category, but as the season has worn on and the weather has turned, his punting has become more uneven. I'm hoping for a return to his former standard during the playoff run, or, of course, for his services to not be in great demand.

Rashon Gary has had a very good season as well.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts