What players have you been disappointed with this season? Pleasantly surprised?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Disappointed:
- Savage. Second half of the season Savage was not good. He needs to get back up to par in two weeks.
- Mason Crosby. Could easily switch this to all of special teams. But a missed field goal could cost this team a super bowl.
- Amari Rodgers. Thought he was going to be electrifying, more like horrifying.

Suprised by:
- The entire Oline that has stepped up in the biggest way. Reason this team locked the #1 seed.
- De’Vondre Campbell, obviously this man has been an absolute stud.
- Rasul Douglas and Eric Stokes. Was I thrilled the Packers took Eric Stokes (yes, actually I loved his speed but did not think he would be ready his first year). He was ready. Douglas was potentially the best pick up of the year.

Offensive underrated POTY- AJ Dillon or Jon Runyon

Defensive underrated POTY- Adrian Amos, Krys Barnes

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprised
Dillon: I expected him to improve, but he made a bigger jump than I anticipated.
Campbell: He's been the backbone of the entire defense
Douglas: I can't recall a practice squad pickup ever having such a significant impact on the team
Bojorquez: He's finally made punting a strength rather than a weakness. Huge upgrade over JK Scott.
Stokes: Has played well for a rookie.
Nijman: Has played very well considering all of the injured to the Oline

Disappointed
Crosby: He followed a career year with the second-worst season of his career
Amari Rodgers: WRs don't always have an impact their first season, but I thought he'd at least be better at returns

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with your picks but I think Jordan Love is a disappointment too. Think I would trade Him. Not that great way too many interceptions when he plays and threw one to finish the game today! Defense still leaves a lot to be desired too

OP
OP
RepStar15

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I agree with your picks but I think Jordan Love is a disappointment too. Think I would trade Him. Not that great way too many interceptions when he plays and threw one to finish the game today! Defense still leaves a lot to be desired too
Don’t think I would trade him as he is only 3.3 million against the cap next year and would have 6.5 million in dead cap if traded. But I agree in that he’s not a starting QB in this league (at least right now). Serviceable enough backup though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious, what do you think we could get for Love in a trade?

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the guy is a failure. he had time to prepare for today's easy game and still looked like sh9t.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
the guy is a failure. he had time to prepare for today's easy game and still looked like sh9t.
He entered the game behind in the score and 20 minutes later had the lead, That the defense couldn't hang on to it wasn't his fault. AR8 catches the first one that was picked and he doesn't need to throw the second.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still have hope for Amari, it's only year one. His role really took a step back when they signed Cobb. I don't think he should be returning kicks tho.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMPRESSED:
Rashan Gary progressed nicely, kind of what we were hoping Nick Perry might have become, but better...

Stokes has been good, especially for a rookie, but I always liked the pick honestly

The rookie OL guys, like Newman, man the OL coaches for the Packers continue to impress year in and year out

DISSPPOINTED:
Darnell Savage has looked really bad since the Ravens game basically.... hope that can get fixed

Our DL outside of Kenny Clark and sometimes Lowry need improvement

Deguora (sp?), he had the TE screen for a touchdown today by Love, but outside of that I would have hoped he could have done/produced more

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you on everyone but Stokes, If you watch him play he avoids contact at all cost. He never comes up and tackles and if a run is coming to his side he tries to get blocked. If you going to be that type of corner then you better be a LOCK down corner and he has a ways to go. Team are running to his side a lot and he avoids contact.
Surprised
Dillon: I expected him to improve, but he made a bigger jump than I anticipated.
Campbell: He's been the backbone of the entire defense
Douglas: I can't recall a practice squad pickup ever having such a significant impact on the team
Bojorquez: He's finally made punting a strength rather than a weakness. Huge upgrade over JK Scott.
Stokes: Has played well for a rookie.
Nijman: Has played very well considering all of the injured to the Oline

Disappointed
Crosby: He followed a career year with the second-worst season of his career
Amari Rodgers: WRs don't always have an impact their first season, but I thought he'd at least be better at returns

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amari Rodgers had a horrific rookie season.

Guy is completely underwhelming. There is nothing there. No explosiveness, no shiftiness, no instincts, just nothing.

Oren Burks sucks too. Campbell and Douglas were the best surprises, with Gary taking a quantum leap and Preston having a nice bounce back year as well. Assuming MVS is alright in a couple weeks, I think the best is yet to come for him this season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Don’t think I would trade him as he is only 3.3 million against the cap next year and would have 6.5 million in dead cap if traded. But I agree in that he’s not a starting QB in this league (at least right now). Serviceable enough backup though.

Just for the record, the Packers trading Love next offseason would result in $1.6 million of dead money counting against their cap.

After watching yesterday's game vs. the Lions Amari Rodgers rookie season is especially disappointing considering Amon-Ra St. Brown was still left on the board at the time the Packers used their third rounder on Rodgers.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Amari Rodgers had a horrific rookie season.

Guy is completely underwhelming. There is nothing there. No explosiveness, no shiftiness, no instincts, just nothing.

Oren Burks sucks too. Campbell and Douglas were the best surprises, with Gary taking a quantum leap and Preston having a nice bounce back year as well. Assuming MVS is alright in a couple weeks, I think the best is yet to come for him this season.

There was honestly not a single moment this season where there was even a single play he made that I was impressed with. Highly disappointing.

i was not excited about the draft pick, and was really hoping we would take the guy who was the next wide receiver drafted after amari - nico collins.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprised:
Campbell: By far the biggest surprise. He’s transformed the defense. Weird what happens when you put a competent ILB in the middle of a defense and why the Packers have been so incompetent at finding one the past decade plus.
Stokes: I do believe Packers fans massively over rate him. That said I thought he would struggle more and he’s been good for a rookie.
Lewis: I still believe he’s overpaid but when Tonyan went down he really stepped up as a receiver. Nothing special but he’s giving way more than I expected.
Gary: He’s been dominant this year and productive. I didn’t think he had it in him.
Douglas: This guy is just a gamer and a clutch player. He gives up some plays but he also comes up huge when opportunity presents itself.

Disappointed:
Amari Rodgers: I didn’t expect much from him as a rookie but he has been downright awful. IMO right now he is the worst player on the team. Shouldn’t have to worry about him catching Covid though.
Love: Just an all around awful player. 2nd year QB should be better as a 1st round player.
Savage: 3rd year player should be hitting his peak. Instead he’s looked like he hasn’t improved at all. Great athlete, average player. Not worth his option.
Missing Crosby: He’s been off all year. I think a lot has to do with personnel and coaching. It’s hard to believe he just falls off like he has while the rest of the STs unit is also performing poorly.
MVS: This was supposed to be the year he finally takes a leap. I was skeptical. If you haven’t done it by year 4 it’s probably not gonna happen, especially at WR with Rodgers slinging the ball. This was just a whiff and I’m very concerned moving forward at WR because there isn’t a single player at that position currently ascending.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprised by?

Rasul, no idea who he was and one day he was on our team and making plays

Campbell, goes without explaining. Thought he'd fill the role, play ok and life would go on. He's been a solid and consistent guy every game and makes some standout plays a couple times a game.

Stokes, he's better quicker than I'd have imagined. When he learns to play the ball in the air he'll make more plays. But man, you hardly have heard his name called this past month of games and there's a reason for that and that reason is good.

Lowry has seemed to consistently be what he looked like a couple seasons ago, I didn't expect him to regain that form consistently again and he has.

Disappointed?

Amari Rodgers. Especially after Cobb went down. I expected some out of him in the return game and it seemed to get worse every week there for a while. I still think he has the talent, but we'll see if he turns it around.

Deguara- i thought he missed some big plays to really help this team and help grow his role in the offense. Don't get me wrong, he's made some nice ones too he's just too inconsistent, or has been anyway. I know they don't play the same position in terms of what the do, but when Tonyan went down we had a huge hole on this offense and there were opportunities to help fill that. I don't think he did much to replace that offense.

Savage- Too much ability to drop so many INT's and more recently make that many mistakes. He can be better and should be playing better

Love- I didn't expect much, and he barely delivered on that expectation when he got opportunity. I'd still give him a chance, but IMO he should show a little more than he has.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprised:
Campbell: By far the biggest surprise. He’s transformed the defense. Weird what happens when you put a competent ILB in the middle of a defense and why the Packers have been so incompetent at finding one the past decade plus.
Stokes: I do believe Packers fans massively over rate him. That said I thought he would struggle more and he’s been good for a rookie.
Lewis: I still believe he’s overpaid but when Tonyan went down he really stepped up as a receiver. Nothing special but he’s giving way more than I expected.
Gary: He’s been dominant this year and productive. I didn’t think he had it in him.
Douglas: This guy is just a gamer and a clutch player. He gives up some plays but he also comes up huge when opportunity presents itself.

Disappointed:
Amari Rodgers: I didn’t expect much from him as a rookie but he has been downright awful. IMO right now he is the worst player on the team. Shouldn’t have to worry about him catching Covid though.
Love: Just an all around awful player. 2nd year QB should be better as a 1st round player.
Savage: 3rd year player should be hitting his peak. Instead he’s looked like he hasn’t improved at all. Great athlete, average player. Not worth his option.
Missing Crosby: He’s been off all year. I think a lot has to do with personnel and coaching. It’s hard to believe he just falls off like he has while the rest of the STs unit is also performing poorly.
MVS: This was supposed to be the year he finally takes a leap. I was skeptical. If you haven’t done it by year 4 it’s probably not gonna happen, especially at WR with Rodgers slinging the ball. This was just a whiff and I’m very concerned moving forward at WR because there isn’t a single player at that position currently ascending.
So to recap. The guys you didn't like surprised you and the other guys you didn't like disappointed you. Got it.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He entered the game behind in the score and 20 minutes later had the lead, That the defense couldn't hang on to it wasn't his fault. AR8 catches the first one that was picked and he doesn't need to throw the second.
saw the highlights, I will admit he did have some nice throws. i was just going off what others on here was saying about the guy so I just jumped on the wagon and assumed he looked like poo on Sunday.

Carry on guys don't mind me.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

An easy game? That his team put him in down in? Dear Lord folks your Love hatred is causing issues with clarity.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
An easy game? That his team put him in down in? Dear Lord folks your Love hatred is causing issues with clarity.
LOL didn't you read the latest post on his thread by me? you know the post right above your reply to me?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear Lord there are some folks that allow bitterness to cause delusion here....I'll not quote and reply to some, just share my takeaways as the OP prompted:

Disappointed:
- Special Teams: It is not just one person and personally I feel it is ignorant to think so. The relationship between LS/Holder/Crosby has been critically close to life support at times this year and the fallout it has caused at times has been quite big.
- I say this with the caveat that he truly hasn't seen much action so sample size is low, but Amari's "comfortability" is what I'm disappointed in not his "performance" if that makes sense. He seems to be hesitating and doubting and not the cerebral player he was in college. That clicks I fully believe we will see more and more of who he really is, but as nearly anyone with half a brain knew his number wasn't going to be called this year anyways nor needed to be - he was picked for 2022 forward not 2021.

Suprised by:
- The play level of Rasul and Stokes. Neither of them I would have chalked up as guys when signed or drafted that would be playing starting corner level ball honestly. I was massively high on Stokes and loved the pick, but saw a bumpy rookie season in him which maybe by year's end he would come into form - but he has dealt with being called upon quickly and has overcome merely relying on his speed to make up for things and is truly playing excellently. Rasul, more of the same. He does swing for big plays and can get burned but he is playing excellently. Stokes is currently grading out at 66.3 (PFF) and Rasul at 73.5 (PFF) both honestly are 10 plus points higher than where I'd have even thought about predicted them be at. Incredible really.

- I want to say DeVondre, however I knew the moment we signed him he was going to be one of our starters and would push Barnes for majority of snaps...so sure a Pro Bowl level year wasn't something I'd have predicted if pushed to but still.

Offensive underrated POTY- AJ Dillon is mine 100%

Defensive underrated POTY- Preston Smith is mine 100%

Members online

Latest posts