WHAT PACKER(s) IS THE VERGE FOR STARDOM......i feel there's a bunch

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers

And I know what you're thinking, already a star, but I'm envisioning one of the faces of the NFL status soon. Near the level of Peyton Manning. National endorsements, commercials, the whole shebang.

He's part of the next generation of great QB in the NFL. And soon he will be an icon.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Jermichael finley
2. Tramon williams
3. Josh sitton
4. Clay matthews

I hope Finley can live up to his pre season hype that everyone has given to him (although I think he has already read his own headlines, written or yet to be written)
I do not think williams is a top ten db anytime soon, which I think should be the level of "Star".
Sitton is not a factor until Rodgers stays upright more often.
Matthews I think has a huge upside currently and looks to be a great value. I think the fact that he plays next to Hawk, who was billed as the player that Matthews has looked like thus far, while being all but average himself, has exclamated Matthews abilities so far. Its kind of a contrast comparision.

If I were to pick one player who will shine coming up out of the group, it would be Finley due to his difficulty to cover, or Matthews, due to his first season. The others are not factors on our team currently (for the most part) so there is no chance at becoming a "Star" as of yet.

If I were to add a name though, I would say that this may be the year that James Jones, BLOWS up in the 3 spot. I think the Finley coverage matchups will leave him open to big gains, and all rumors say that James and AROD are the most in sync of all the WR/TEs on the team this preseason.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imma have to agree with both Jess and Dtown..

Soon, perhaps after this season, Rodgers will be one of the faces of the NFL. Just as long as he doesnt endorse crappy jeans.. LOL!!!

And Finley and Matthews both had awesome seasons last year. Now if they both can keep up the great momentum that they started last year, they will be among the stars, Just as Driver and Jennings already are.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Imma have to agree with both Jess and Dtown..

Soon, perhaps after this season, Rodgers will be one of the faces of the NFL. Just as long as he doesnt endorse crappy jeans.. LOL!!!

And Finley and Matthews both had awesome seasons last year. Now if they both can keep up the great momentum that they started last year, they will be among the stars, Just as Driver and Jennings already are.

That would be funny Burnt Fart at home watching TV then all of a sudden A AD with Arron Rodgers doing a TV ad that would be funny.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Clay is the front runner to be a star, you don't realize how big this kid is when he is on the field, but he is a monster, I really gotta give a round of applause for TT to trade up and get CM3, I expect CM3 to have a PROBOWL season

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm definitely NOT a Tramon Williams fan.

The others you mentioned will have MONSTER years. All will reach the probowl (but not play due to schedule conflict).

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After contributing to a loss or two last year due to missed FGs Mason Crosby better get himself up to stardom level this year.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Finley can live up to his pre season hype that everyone has given to him (although I think he has already read his own headlines, written or yet to be written)
I do not think williams is a top ten db anytime soon, which I think should be the level of "Star".
Sitton is not a factor until Rodgers stays upright more often.
Matthews I think has a huge upside currently and looks to be a great value. I think the fact that he plays next to Hawk, who was billed as the player that Matthews has looked like thus far, while being all but average himself, has exclamated Matthews abilities so far. Its kind of a contrast comparision.

If I were to pick one player who will shine coming up out of the group, it would be Finley due to his difficulty to cover, or Matthews, due to his first season. The others are not factors on our team currently (for the most part) so there is no chance at becoming a "Star" as of yet.

If I were to add a name though, I would say that this may be the year that James Jones, BLOWS up in the 3 spot. I think the Finley coverage matchups will leave him open to big gains, and all rumors say that James and AROD are the most in sync of all the WR/TEs on the team this preseason.

This I agree with. Jermichael Finley and Josh Sitton are still 1 year wonders in my book. The only way they prove actual stardom is to have a repeat of their performances from last season. Jermichael Finley has to not only be dominant but stay healthy. So far he's had injuries that kept him out of games in BOTH '08 and '09. As for Josh Sitton he's also had a case for the injury bug in '08 but managed to put up a spectacular season in '09. However Sitton also needs to dominate and stay consistent. Who knows he may pull a Daryn Colledge and fall off this year.

I'm definitely NOT a Tramon Williams fan.

The others you mentioned will have MONSTER years. All will reach the probowl (but not play due to schedule conflict).

Really??????????????? :'(

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really??????????????? :'(
Too much rep. He got a lot of ints in 08, but he gets beat far too often, and when he's not getting beat, he's holding his receiver.

The talent is there, but the production is not. Not for a starting corner. It didn't help that he was giving a lot of cushion to a TE against the Browns.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think clay matthews shows so much promise with our 3-4 defense at least in stopping the run and in rushing the QB. I mean the man had 10 sacks in rookie season, thats a pretty damn good start to a hopefully long career. I personally love the kid and think hes gonna go a long way if he can just tighten up his defensive screws and let the football blood that flows through his veins drive him to success.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams is never going to be a star. In my eyes, he is a step above J. Bush.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Clay is the front runner to be a star, you don't realize how big this kid is when he is on the field, but he is a monster, I really gotta give a round of applause for TT to trade up and get CM3, I expect CM3 to have a PROBOWL season

CM3 is going to break out this year and here is why...B.J Raji. Raji is going to be taking even more 2x team blocking schemes from the o-line against the run, allowing room for Matthews to make a play. Also, in the nickel, Raji (as a nose tackle) is responsible for opening up the o line to make room for our linebackers to create a pass rush. Matthews will become a star while Raji will be the silent hero.

GreenBayCracker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Jermichael finley
2. Tramon williams
3. Josh sitton
4. Clay matthews

Really? Tramon? Right now I am not comfortable with him covering #2 receivers, a star corner should be able to cover #1 receivers. He has to show me, a lot, that he can be a starting corner in this league nevermind a star.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Jermichael finley
2. Tramon williams
3. Josh sitton
4. Clay matthews

before the season started i predicted these packers 2 be upcoming studs...

just read everyone's comments about willaims... FUNNY AS HELL

Finley is a stud ....sucks he got injured
Williams is a stud, lot a people on this thread disagreed with Williams
Sitton is very close. I feel with Buluga getting comfortable on the right side. Sitton's game will improve
Matthews is a beast

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Maybe wrangle will let A Rod take over...LOL. I think Finley is going to be top 5 TE and a star. I think Jennings will be a dominate reciever and threat up there with big names later on as well...Clay is a star right now to me. Hes very valuable to the D.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts