What doe Ted Thompson have up his sleeve?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ted Thompson was presented with an interesting question in his press conference. One of the reporters asked something to the effect of; The receivers and tight ends have a lot of talent. Will they be the hardest positions to make cuts this year or are we missing something?

Thompson got a big grin on his face and said; "Your missing something." But he didn't elaborate on why he said that.

What does he see that I don't? And what does he have up his sleeve that would make him smile so and answer so quickly?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson was presented with an interesting question in his press conference. One of the reporters asked something to the effect of; The receivers and tight ends have a lot of talent. Will they be the hardest positions to make cuts this year or are we missing something?

Thompson got a big grin on his face and said; "Your missing something." But he didn't elaborate on why he said that.

What does he see that I don't? And what does he have up his sleeve that would make him smile so and answer so quickly?

i think the most surprising thing is that he smiled

My guess would be the secondary

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I think it's because the roster will look a lot different this year, less fb's, less lb's more skill position players.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy Nelson, Ryan Grant, & Bryan Bulaga to Cleveland for Joe Thomas and Peyton Hillis?

I dont see how that would make the browns better. Plus Thomas has a HUGE contract.

But I do really wish that the NFL did trades like the NBA

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are only 2 people that know what Ted Thompson is up to - Ted Thompson and Devildon

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thompson is in a great place. He built this team and has just won a Superbowl. He has the best problem in the NFL - more talent than roster spots available. I am sure he doesn't lose any sleep at night - he is out when his head hits the pillow. Remember a few years ago when he traded down in the 6th round just because he was bored? That is what I see coming - everything is running like clockwork, and Teddy is getting bored. Watch for something coming that will all have us double guessing him again. The only difference is that we all now believe in him and he has won all of our support and confidence.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why the reporter would ask "Are you missing something." He gave Thompson an easy way out of that question (which was probably why he was laughing).

Or maybe he has a plan to get CJ-28 from his buddy in TN :-p

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

This isn't that complicated.
okcpackerfan knows I think like TT so here's the short answer:
Reporter: Will they be the hardest POSITIONS to make cuts or are we missing something?
TT: You're missing something. (suggesting another position like DBs will be harder)
Or the cuts aren't difficult they know which TEs and WRs they like already.
Or the RBs will be part of the passing attack this year.
Obviously TT isn't tipping his hand on personnel moves. A crafty reply with alot left unanswered.
The pure unadulterated meaning of his quote is: (big grin):
You're always missing something, thanks for the effortless lead out of a difficult question.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duh, do a little background on that conversation...

The reporter who asked that question was from the Minneapolis Star..

When TT said "You are missing something", he obviously was talking of their lack of Lombardi trophies.

TT as usual was just stating the obvious.

Reaction score
I knew deep in my heart that TT would drop Havner and Swain.. That makes room for Taylor, Williams, Quarless, Crabtree, and Finley to be one big family at the Tight End position

Members online

Latest posts