1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

What Do You Expect Vs Denver?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bogart, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I know it's a little early but what do you all think will happen vs Denver?

Denver don't run the ball that good, and if the defense can stop Chicago from even putting up 10, and we stopped Carolina from running all over the place, I think we can shut them down easily.

The passing game is a concern. I am scared Orton and the Down by 20 in the 4th quarter with 7 minutes to go super pass heavy offense will rack up big numbers on us, but I am confident we'll get some picks and turnovers.

Oh and I know 100% for sure, we'll hear Denver fans talking about how godly their 3rd string quarterback is and how he should be the starter. Will give us a good laugh cause I think we'll need it.

2. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +466
    Denver seems to be a bit offensively challenged just like the Bears.

I'm expecting a 4-0 Packers team.

3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Expecting the Pack to blow them out....I will be there!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,116
    I think the Denver defense will be better than expected.

5. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Orton is a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde guy. As far as Tebow goes, he should play TE. He's got the QB mechanics of a gorilla. Everything points to a rout, but those are usually the games that are worrisome. I think the pack are going through some growing pains. One of these weeks they will lay an egg. Tough to tell, but I think they will take care of business at home.

6. Wildcatk23

Wildcatk23 Repeat?

Ratings:
    +15
    Blow out.

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    There ain't no tellin. We don't get to play them very much. Hopefully they will study film and come up with a solid game plan. The key is to not really expect anything and never underestimate an opponent. That could lead to a trap. I don't think we will have any problems with the Broncs as long as we play up to our level, not theirs.

8. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Im always confident with the Packers at home. And my girlfriend is a Broncos fan, next week should be fun.

9. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Hopefully not like the Miami game last year.

I see 30-17 Packers.
    Orton could do some damage on us..... Decker & Brandon Lloyd are okay.
    Von Miller and Elvis Dumervil off the edges.... solid.

Still, they suck and I am hoping for our first blowout of the season.

10. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    I expect the blowout that was supposed to happen at Carolina.

11. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,405
    Orton can throw. I like him. But he currently only has 2 targets. Think Atlanta last year when they only threw it to roddy white and Tony Gonzalez.

12. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,405
    I'm thinkin 31-20

13. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    I'm worried that we're going to let Orton have a career day with passing yards.

If you look at Orton he puts up good numbers but still loses. It's almost comical. Someone with those stats he had from last season should have been a playoff team.

14. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    We're going to beat them like a dead horse.

15. Croak

Croak Terminally twisted.

Ratings:
    +1,336
    That's pretty close to what I was thinking. I don't think Orton will have a career day. Folks were saying Cutler was going to have a career day because of the Packers' weak secondary. How'd that work out for Cutler? I expect Denver to try to run a lot. I just don't think they can keep up with the Pack in a horse race.

16. Canada's #1 Packer Fan

Canada's #1 Packer Fan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    finally week 4 is here. coming from canada for my 2nd visit to packers land. can't wait. hope to see a romp and would love to see tebow come into the game. want to see packers hall of fame and maybe do a lambeau field tour

Go Pack Go

17. vancouverpackerfan

vancouverpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +16
    I envy you getting down there for the game. A buddy and I watched Detroit game last year. First time and loved every second. The people and atmosphere was just unreal.. Won't make it this year but for sure next year. Get some rest the tailgates are too much fun...

18. billysofly

billysofly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    it mostly the team that doesnt give us a scare that really gives us a scare.... ill say 27-24 GB

19. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Watched the Denver/Tennessee game this week on TV (Live in Nashville).

They have a lot of injuries the past few weeks but they're getting healthier. Eddie Royal, D.J. Williams, Champ Bailey, Demaryius Thomas, Elvis Dumervil are some guys who have missed time this season. Bailey and Dumervil did miss Week 3.

Brandon Lloyd is the only guy who scares me outside of Royal. Royal isn't going to play and Thomas might not either. Lloyd should be neutralized by Tramon Williams. They probably won't even try running the ball against the Packers because they have nothing there. Knowshon Moreno and Willis McGahee ain't much at all.

They don't have that RB or TE that can kill the Packers. I don't see anyway that they get past 20 points unless they get 7 via special teams or defense. Really think this is a bad match-up for Denver.

I don't see the offense scoring less than mid-20s (23 or higher). I don't see the Broncos scoring more than 20 (20 or lower). Packers would really have to screw up to lose this.