1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

What are your new revised expectations for this year?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jess, Oct 13, 2010.

?

???

1. Super Bowl Appearance

23.3%
  2. Win a game or two in the Playoffs

33.3%
  3. Make Playoffs and lose first game

23.3%
  4. Miss Playoffs all together

20.0%
  1. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    With all the damn injuries, with the fact that we weren't playing that well when relatively healthy anyways, now where do you see us finishing?

Remaining Schedule (My prediction in parenthesis):
    Miami (L)
    Minnesota (W)
    @New York Jets (L)
    Dallas (W)
    @Minnesota (L)
    @Atlanta (L)
    San Fransisco (W)
    @Detroit (W)
    @New England (L)
    New York Giants (L)
    Chicago (W)

My prediction: 8-8, misses Playoffs

2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Injuries being the only excuse, if we don't make the playoff, MM goes.

3. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I'm predicting (praying and hoping) for a 2nd half of the season resurgence. We will be getting some of those players back so all is not lost yet. It doesn't look good now and we just have to hope there will be no more injuries. We don't know what is going to go down with the rest of the league so we just kind of have to wait and see.

Remaining Schedule (My prediction in parenthesis):
    Miami (L)
    Minnesota (W)
    @New York Jets (L)
    Dallas (W)
    @Minnesota (W)
    @Atlanta (W)
    San Fransisco (W)
    @Detroit (W)
    @New England (L)
    New York Giants (W)
    Chicago (W)

My prediction: 11 - 5, win 1 (maybe 2) games in playoffs.

4. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    Miami (W)
    Minnesota (W)
    @New York Jets (L)
    Dallas (W)
    @Minnesota (L)
    @Atlanta (W)
    San Fransisco (W)
    @Detroit (W)
    @New England (L)
    New York Giants (W)
    Chicago (W)

11-5 (Lose in the NFC Championship game with depleted squad)

5. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    Isn't Bill Cowher looking for work? I remember there being talk of him going to Chicago when they were thought to suck this year and Lovie would be fired.

6. PackerFan87

PackerFan87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    I voted Make Playoffs and lose first game

I hoping that getting back Harris, Bigby and Starks and a couple other players stepping up(Neal, Bishop, Jennings, O-line) we'll make playoffs. :]

7. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    We're not getting Bill Cowher. If he goes anywhere it will be Carolina, where his family lives.

As for expectations, I expect us to win a minimum of 10 games, possibly 11, win the division and a game or two in the playoffs. Yes, the hits are coming, and yes, we're facing some adversity, but that could be exactly what we need for us to progress.

Our defense played exceptionally well, and has all season. Our offense needs to start clicking though. We get them to start firing on all cylinders and I think we'll be good as gold.

8. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    God i hate people throwing Cowher's name out there. yes he had success but his teams were entirely different from ours and his schemes would destroy what we have built. he's a defensive mind who runs the ball. we have the defensive mind. we dont run the ball. we have an elite QB something cowher never worked with. really just stop putting his name out there people.

MM has a good system here. it would be running nicely if people werent injured. honestly i think the biggest problem is the Oline. Once those problems are fixed, clifton, then the offense will be back to steamrolling people. finley or not.

9. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    He'd want to be the GM too.

How'd that work out when Sherman was here?

10. Cardsmc25

Cardsmc25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Jess, I had almost an identical schedule as you with a win against the Giants instead of a loss being the only difference. Steve Mariucci Steve Mariucci Steve Mariucci... I figure if I say it enough people might start geting behind the Mooch Express. Steve Mariucci

11. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    my expectations are to try not losing anymore players for the year.. thats about it

12. Oklahoma_Packer

Oklahoma_Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    Keep in mind that last year at this time, we weren't looking too good either. Except last year our O-Line was down, but now it seems like a little bit of Secondary, Running Back, and some O-Line again. But last year everything (For the most part) solidified, and we ended up winning 7 of our last 8. Same thing could happen this year again.

This season is far from over.

13. #1NCPackerFan

#1NCPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I have to disagree with you on MM having a good system. Barring a SB appearance this yr MM has to go. He has proven time after time that he can't make difficult decisions in a game when it comes to play calls, challenging plays, or managing the clock. If he spent more time preparing for these things in practice rather than seeing how much time they can finished practice ahead of schedule he would be a better coach. BTW he cares about the tempo of practice and that you finished 14 mins ahead of schedule. What does that translate to on Sundays??? Spend those 14 mins practicing the crap you seem to always get wrong.

14. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    We just had to fix one thing last year. This year everything's a mess. Hell, Rodgers isn't even playing well.

This is a much tougher fix than last year was.

15. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,796
    The Pack could be a much much better team.
    I dunno where to point the finger.
    The injuries certainly aren't helping.
    But I think the right coach could motivate and get what we got psyched up and prepared to win.
    Is Mike that coach?
    I dunno.
    But things such as a crumbling O-line and penalties are not changing from last year.
    And if things don't change soon enough, then Mike should go.

16. #1NCPackerFan

#1NCPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I see us lossing multiple games near the end of the 4th qtr or in OT. We are good enough to compete with anyone but lacking enough to finish off teams and the get the W at the end of the game.

If MM wants to stay in GB then he better get the players to go out and fight for him. If I was MM I would be in the locker telling the players its them vs. the world and no one is giving them a chance in hell to make it to the SB.

8-8 or 9-7

17. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    Great point. We actually have more problems this year than we did last year, INCLUDING last years two main problem areas: Oline and penalties. You could argue that it all started with Grant going down, but injuries happen and maybe we should have built depth.

18. Spanish Rose

Spanish Rose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +61
    things i would do to get rex in here.. i wanted MM gone for him two years ago

19. Packy

Packy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Bit premature with new coach rants... I think if anything, the ST coach should go first.

20. Zeppelinelite51

Zeppelinelite51 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hopefully some of these backups will step up and really help the Pack succeed.. hopefully!

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

21. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    Ideally we would have no injuries or problems at all, but if we do have them, I'd much rather for them to be at the beginning of the season as it leaves us time to adjust and recover. The worst is when you have a glorious 1st half of the season and then get plagued with injuries and have to kiss what would of been a SB year goodbye. This way our expectations are lower so we can't really be disappointed and if something good happens it's that much sweeter because it is unexpected. I love the triumph of the underdog, a wounded, banged up team, a team that nobody believed in.... Ok, I'm going to stop now before I get carried away.

22. Incubes12

Ratings:
    +317
    How many times do we have to trade coordinators to realize it's the head honcho?

23. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,796
    I've given up on any expectaions at all.
    Just have to wait and see what happens.

Now I know fer sure that pre-season ain't worth jack.

24. maxlives

maxlives Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    Still too early to throw in the towel, I'm sticking with my pre-season prediction of 11-5 or 10-6. I really think 10-6 can win this division. Or not....

25. NYC Cheesehead

NYC Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    9-7 lose first playoff game......something in the water don't taste right, but I cant put my finger on it....besides injuries that is.

I do see us beating the Jets though!!! Only because I hate them so much and Ill be at the game....Im going to be Brett Favre for Halloween...thats a scary costume