What are your new revised expectations for this year?

???

• Total voters

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
With all the damn injuries, with the fact that we weren't playing that well when relatively healthy anyways, now where do you see us finishing?

Remaining Schedule (My prediction in parenthesis):
Miami (L)
Minnesota (W)
@New York Jets (L)
Dallas (W)
@Minnesota (L)
@Atlanta (L)
San Fransisco (W)
@Detroit (W)
@New England (L)
New York Giants (L)
Chicago (W)

My prediction: 8-8, misses Playoffs

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm predicting (praying and hoping) for a 2nd half of the season resurgence. We will be getting some of those players back so all is not lost yet. It doesn't look good now and we just have to hope there will be no more injuries. We don't know what is going to go down with the rest of the league so we just kind of have to wait and see.

Remaining Schedule (My prediction in parenthesis):
Miami (L)
Minnesota (W)
@New York Jets (L)
Dallas (W)
@Minnesota (W)
@Atlanta (W)
San Fransisco (W)
@Detroit (W)
@New England (L)
New York Giants (W)
Chicago (W)

My prediction: 11 - 5, win 1 (maybe 2) games in playoffs.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Miami (W)
Minnesota (W)
@New York Jets (L)
Dallas (W)
@Minnesota (L)
@Atlanta (W)
San Fransisco (W)
@Detroit (W)
@New England (L)
New York Giants (W)
Chicago (W)

11-5 (Lose in the NFC Championship game with depleted squad)

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I voted Make Playoffs and lose first game

I hoping that getting back Harris, Bigby and Starks and a couple other players stepping up(Neal, Bishop, Jennings, O-line) we'll make playoffs. :]

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're not getting Bill Cowher. If he goes anywhere it will be Carolina, where his family lives.

As for expectations, I expect us to win a minimum of 10 games, possibly 11, win the division and a game or two in the playoffs. Yes, the hits are coming, and yes, we're facing some adversity, but that could be exactly what we need for us to progress.

Our defense played exceptionally well, and has all season. Our offense needs to start clicking though. We get them to start firing on all cylinders and I think we'll be good as gold.

chucknorris101

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God i hate people throwing Cowher's name out there. yes he had success but his teams were entirely different from ours and his schemes would destroy what we have built. he's a defensive mind who runs the ball. we have the defensive mind. we dont run the ball. we have an elite QB something cowher never worked with. really just stop putting his name out there people.

MM has a good system here. it would be running nicely if people werent injured. honestly i think the biggest problem is the Oline. Once those problems are fixed, clifton, then the offense will be back to steamrolling people. finley or not.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jess, I had almost an identical schedule as you with a win against the Giants instead of a loss being the only difference. Steve Mariucci Steve Mariucci Steve Mariucci... I figure if I say it enough people might start geting behind the Mooch Express. Steve Mariucci

Oklahoma_Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep in mind that last year at this time, we weren't looking too good either. Except last year our O-Line was down, but now it seems like a little bit of Secondary, Running Back, and some O-Line again. But last year everything (For the most part) solidified, and we ended up winning 7 of our last 8. Same thing could happen this year again.

This season is far from over.

Mko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God i hate people throwing Cowher's name out there. yes he had success but his teams were entirely different from ours and his schemes would destroy what we have built. he's a defensive mind who runs the ball. we have the defensive mind. we dont run the ball. we have an elite QB something cowher never worked with. really just stop putting his name out there people.

MM has a good system here. it would be running nicely if people werent injured. honestly i think the biggest problem is the Oline. Once those problems are fixed, clifton, then the offense will be back to steamrolling people. finley or not.

I have to disagree with you on MM having a good system. Barring a SB appearance this yr MM has to go. He has proven time after time that he can't make difficult decisions in a game when it comes to play calls, challenging plays, or managing the clock. If he spent more time preparing for these things in practice rather than seeing how much time they can finished practice ahead of schedule he would be a better coach. BTW he cares about the tempo of practice and that you finished 14 mins ahead of schedule. What does that translate to on Sundays??? Spend those 14 mins practicing the crap you seem to always get wrong.

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Keep in mind that last year at this time, we weren't looking too good either. Except last year our O-Line was down, but now it seems like a little bit of Secondary, Running Back, and some O-Line again. But last year everything (For the most part) solidified, and we ended up winning 7 of our last 8. Same thing could happen this year again.

This season is far from over.
We just had to fix one thing last year. This year everything's a mess. Hell, Rodgers isn't even playing well.

This is a much tougher fix than last year was.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you on MM having a good system. Barring a SB appearance this yr MM has to go. He has proven time after time that he can't make difficult decisions in a game when it comes to play calls, challenging plays, or managing the clock. If he spent more time preparing for these things in practice rather than seeing how much time they can finished practice ahead of schedule he would be a better coach. BTW he cares about the tempo of practice and that you finished 14 mins ahead of schedule. What does that translate to on Sundays??? Spend those 14 mins practicing the crap you seem to always get wrong.
The Pack could be a much much better team.
I dunno where to point the finger.
The injuries certainly aren't helping.
But I think the right coach could motivate and get what we got psyched up and prepared to win.
Is Mike that coach?
I dunno.
But things such as a crumbling O-line and penalties are not changing from last year.
And if things don't change soon enough, then Mike should go.

Mko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see us lossing multiple games near the end of the 4th qtr or in OT. We are good enough to compete with anyone but lacking enough to finish off teams and the get the W at the end of the game.

If MM wants to stay in GB then he better get the players to go out and fight for him. If I was MM I would be in the locker telling the players its them vs. the world and no one is giving them a chance in hell to make it to the SB.

8-8 or 9-7

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
We just had to fix one thing last year. This year everything's a mess. Hell, Rodgers isn't even playing well.

This is a much tougher fix than last year was.
Great point. We actually have more problems this year than we did last year, INCLUDING last years two main problem areas: Oline and penalties. You could argue that it all started with Grant going down, but injuries happen and maybe we should have built depth.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack could be a much much better team.
I dunno where to point the finger.
The injuries certainly aren't helping.
But I think the right coach could motivate and get what we got psyched up and prepared to win.
Is Mike that coach?
I dunno.
But things such as a crumbling O-line and penalties are not changing from last year.
And if things don't change soon enough, then Mike should go.
things i would do to get rex in here.. i wanted MM gone for him two years ago

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully some of these backups will step up and really help the Pack succeed.. hopefully!

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ideally we would have no injuries or problems at all, but if we do have them, I'd much rather for them to be at the beginning of the season as it leaves us time to adjust and recover. The worst is when you have a glorious 1st half of the season and then get plagued with injuries and have to kiss what would of been a SB year goodbye. This way our expectations are lower so we can't really be disappointed and if something good happens it's that much sweeter because it is unexpected. I love the triumph of the underdog, a wounded, banged up team, a team that nobody believed in.... Ok, I'm going to stop now before I get carried away.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've given up on any expectaions at all.
Just have to wait and see what happens.

Now I know fer sure that pre-season ain't worth jack.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Still too early to throw in the towel, I'm sticking with my pre-season prediction of 11-5 or 10-6. I really think 10-6 can win this division. Or not....

NYC Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
9-7 lose first playoff game......something in the water don't taste right, but I cant put my finger on it....besides injuries that is.

I do see us beating the Jets though!!! Only because I hate them so much and Ill be at the game....Im going to be Brett Favre for Halloween...thats a scary costume

Latest posts