What are you doing Draft Day?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i might go to that, vikes. are there tickets available? (this is a serious question)

bozz, I am not sure if there are still any tickets available.
You could try Vikings Locker Room store 952-854-2936 or by calling the team's ticket office at 612-338-4537.
Tickets are/were available from either one.

Thanks Vikes

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:
bozz_2006 said:
i might go to that, vikes. are there tickets available? (this is a serious question)

bozz, I am not sure if there are still any tickets available.
You could try Vikings Locker Room store 952-854-2936 or by calling the team's ticket office at 612-338-4537.
Tickets are/were available from either one.
Hey!!! You can always give a call to Mike Tice! I bet HE can get you tickets!!! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

Well done, Mister!

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a difficult time getting past the GB pick in the 1st round. If the weather cooperates I will be working in the yard for the majority of the day and periodically checking to see how GB is doing. If the weather is bad, I do have a draft party to attend and may do so for the beer and munchies.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey!!! You can always give a call to Mike Tice! I bet HE can get you tickets!!! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

cheesey, you're about as funny as a Packer Fan at a Mensa meeting...well, come to think of it, that would be funny!

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thinking of driving up to Horicon Marsh and doing photography at sunrise. I'd rather to go Old World Wisconsin but they're not open yet.

Then I will probably cut the grass.

I suppose the Draft starts in the afternoon, perhaps I will peek in now and then.

I'm more interested in hearing when Packer Family Night will be scheduled (it will probably be Aug. 4, though) and seeing the Training Camp schedule.

My "big" day was earlier int he month when they announced the NFL schedule. I know which games I am going to now, when, and with who (at least for the most part).

Yeah, I know, I am so not gellin'. :)

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm golfing in the morning and should be home by about 2:00. I'll be recording the draft on the PVR earlier so I can find out who we get in the first round on the off chance the pick comes in before then. I'll probably have it on in the background as I cook dinner on Saturday too, but I won't be paying attention closely until we're "on the clock".

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Favreforever721 said:
I am gonna stay home, watch baseball(go Cardinals) and wait for the Packers pick. It will be a long time, but I am willing to wait. I will check in on the draft and will probably watch the first 3 picks, just for fun.

What will you be doing on Saturday?

Going on a long hike. When I get back, I'll read all about the draft from you all. To be honest, I don't know any college team except Cal, and that's because I live close to the stadium and can catch an occasional game. I don't follow college so you all have been enlightening me about how good each player in college is. I just know what we need.
Zombie, where I you going? I have hiked a ton in the High Sierra.
I'm helping run a beer festival in Raleigh on saturday, but one of the local communications firms sets up TVs as a promotion and televises the draft during the festival so I can check it out now and then. They actually draw quite a crowd.

I love the Sierras, but with gas prices as they are, I'll be hiking locally. Probably either Mt. Tam or Mt. Diablo.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombie, I know them both well. I lived in Linden in the Valley for 3 years and could see Diablo from my house.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what channel the draft on in the states? i'm hoping i can catch it on TVU else i'll be following online or on Ventrillo if people are up for using it.

Reaction score
what channel the draft on in the states? i'm hoping i can catch it on TVU else i'll be following online or on Ventrillo if people are up for using it.

Tiger, it's on ESPN or ESPN2 (either one of them, I'm not sure though). I also think it will be on NFL Network, which is where I'll catch the draft.

I'll be watching the first round unfold from my couch, justing relaxing with a couple of other peeps. After the Packers pick, I'll probably come online here to get some more feedback and opinions about the pick, while also seeking some of what the experts are saying.

Then I'll probably go back when they start round 2, and wait for the Packers to pick again, and repeat with coming online and seeking what other fans think and what the experts think.

Repeat process for 3rd round pick, if the NFLN shows that much of the draft.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Favreforever721 said:
I am gonna stay home, watch baseball(go Cardinals) and wait for the Packers pick. It will be a long time, but I am willing to wait. I will check in on the draft and will probably watch the first 3 picks, just for fun.

What will you be doing on Saturday?

Going on a long hike. When I get back, I'll read all about the draft from you all. To be honest, I don't know any college team except Cal, and that's because I live close to the stadium and can catch an occasional game. I don't follow college so you all have been enlightening me about how good each player in college is. I just know what we need.
Zombie, where I you going? I have hiked a ton in the High Sierra.
I'm helping run a beer festival in Raleigh on saturday, but one of the local communications firms sets up TVs as a promotion and televises the draft during the festival so I can check it out now and then. They actually draw quite a crowd.

Hammer.... im an hour or so away from raleigh... whats this i hear about BEER and festival and BEER and Draft party and BEER. can anyone attend? and what is it... because my interest has been peaked. beer.

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sold out. The Durham Festival is in October, so keep your ears open about that one. We get 4000 attendees per session, 2 sessions. I am one of the organizers. I'm in charge of inventory, can you guess what the inventory for a beer festival is? He he. We get 160 participating brewers, US and Imports, and about 350 different brews.
http://www.allaboutbeer.com/wbf/

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

cheesey, you're about as funny as a Packer Fan at a Mensa meeting...well, come to think of it, that would be funny!
Come on Vikes!!! I KNOW you were laughing when you read my response!!! :rotflmao:
I can just see you....."Dang that Cheesey!!! I'll get him for that!!!"

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm going to take my dad who was a college HC for twenty nine years to Rafters around lunch time and wait until the Pack's first pick before taking him back to his condo. We'll be watching it all day for sure.

I live in L.A. (that's lower Alabama) so don't worry I've got the Pack covered down here in the deep south.

Let's kick butt and take names saturday. Go PACK!

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on Vikes!!! I KNOW you were laughing when you read my response!!! :rotflmao:
I can just see you....."Dang that Cheesey!!! I'll get him for that!!!"

Well, I was laughing, but I didn't exactly use the word "Dang" :razz:

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On both TVs in the house, and on ESPN radio in the yard where I will be playing with dirt, grass seed and fertilizer to repair the dog damage from winter, and to create a lush green lawn.

I used to laugh at guys who gave a **** about their lawns, now I am one of them....a sure sign you are in your 40s....the want of a nice lawn!!

Dammit....the next life milestone is adult diapers!!

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On both TVs in the house, and on ESPN radio in the yard where I will be playing with dirt, grass seed and fertilizer to repair the dog damage from winter, and to create a lush green lawn.

I used to laugh at guys who gave a **** about their lawns, now I am one of them....a sure sign you are in your 40s....the want of a nice lawn!!

Dammit....the next life milestone is adult diapers!!
Screw the lawn. Every year about 400 additional sq ft of my lawn becomes "other"... flowerbeds, gardens, natural areas, etc. Only half an acre to go before I have no lawn.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What time do you think the Pack will take their first pick? Isn't it 15 minutes per pick, which could mean 4 hours into it?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What time do you think the Pack will take their first pick? Isn't it 15 minutes per pick, which could mean 4 hours into it?

I have the same question. It's fifteen minute intervals, correct? I figure if I get to the sports bar at 12:00 to 1:00 we'll have plenty of time to eat and watch the first GB pick.

Members online

Latest posts