What a predictable season to me.....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Barring major injury I just see no reason why the Packers won't repeat. In fact, right after after the Packers beat the Steelers I said to people I know, "Just watch. Just watch them create a dynasty now or something. They have that look."

Now I spend time every week picking games but most of these games seem completely irrelevant. Does it truly matter what happens between Cincy and Seattle or the Bills and Redskins or Vikings and Panthers?

Oh yes I know upsets happen. I know dark horses might emerge.

But, really. I see nobody out there who I feel currently would beat Green Bay in Indy. Nobody. Not with the Packers current team and with two weeks off before the game.

Just seems like one of the most predictable seasons to me in a long long long time. Even if you don't go 16-0 so what. It's still almost a given to me going back to like February that unless a miracle occured for another team the Packers win it all again.

You guys can stay humble and classy when it comes to this stuff. But, I am allowed to just call it like it is.

It's the Packers bye week. The Packers will win the SB again. Aaron will win MVP this year.

It's a story already written it seems. The league is long overdue for another big power team too.

Doesn't it feel like destiny?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is starting to feel like that. For a Packer fan, it's like living inside a dream. You want your team to be indestructible, unbeatable. They seem like such a team to me. I've spent half the season already wondering if Aaron Rodgers has superpowers that activated themselves late last season. The Oline is just sick, I can't say it enough. When the D gets healthy and improves, I get the feeling there will be no stopping the Pack.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
It is starting to feel like that. For a Packer fan, it's like living inside a dream. You want your team to be indestructible, unbeatable. They seem like such a team to me. I've spent half the season already wondering if Aaron Rodgers has superpowers that activated themselves late last season. The Oline is just sick, I can't say it enough. When the D gets healthy and improves, I get the feeling there will be no stopping the Pack.

I can imagine. Enjoy it.

I hope it ends up like I believe it will. I adore Aaron and want to see him get as much as he can in his prime too.

I called a large Colts decline in January and many I know argued with me.

There does come a time that even so called SB contenders don't scare me anymore. Teams like NE or Pittsburgh even. Times change. Teams come and go. Some teams are still fighting to relive the past in the present.

This is the Pack's time in the upward swing of things in the ever changing cycle of the NFL and they need to take full advantage of it.

I remember reading a quote from Rodgers this summer about teams of the decdade. He said every decade seems to have one. He said he wants the Packers to be this decade's team.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
When I was a child
I caught a fleeting glimpse of revelation
Out of the corner of my eye.

I turned to look but it was gone
I cannot put my finger on it now
The child is grown,
The dream is reality.
I have become comfortably numb.

7-0

13 straight wins.

and that is the only way to describe it.

Going into 2008, I had a bad feeling we'd be singing Wish You Were Here losing Brett, but now all of our dreams are coming true.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can imagine. Enjoy it.

I hope it ends up like I believe it will. I adore Aaron and want to see him get as much as he can in his prime too.

I called a large Colts decline in January and many I know argued with me.

There does come a time that even so called SB contenders don't scare me anymore. Teams like NE or Pittsburgh even. Times change. Teams come and go. Some teams are still fighting to relive the past in the present.

This is the Pack's time in the upward swing of things in the ever changing cycle of the NFL and they need to take full advantage of it.

I remember reading a quote from Rodgers this summer about teams of the decdade. He said every decade seems to have one. He said he wants the Packers to be this decade's team.

Good post! Your Colts will have their time/ decade again just as this seems to be the Packers time. I agree with what Aaron said, but would like to add that each decade seems to have it's star QB and for this decade, it appears to be him!

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
When I was a child

The child is grown,
The dream is reality.

7-0

13 straight wins.

and that is the only way to describe it.

Going into 2008, I had a bad feeling we'd be singing Wish You Were Here losing Brett, but now all of our dreams are coming true.

Beautiful.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jules... i can see why with manning out, you would be rooting for another quarterback (not named tom brady :D ), (Specifically rodgers, because of his personality and incredible talent)...but some of your posts are b ecoming borderline creepy! :eek: (just a joke btw)

IMO, we still need to give this packers team a little bit more time. Are they on fire? Yes. Are they the best team in the NFL? Yes. Does it look like they will win the superbowl? With seven games in, yes. However... every dog has its day, and ANYTHING could happen in the playoffs... anything. I am not saying that the packers have fluked this season, but i am not comfortable with their defense AT ALL. Sure rodgers can put points on the board, but if the packers face another star qb in the playoffs ( Say a drew brees in the championship game, or a tom brady in the superbowl), it might all come down to who has the last possession. Case in point, eagles vs packers last playoffs. The eagles could have won that game (if they made the fgs)... BUT it was the DEFENSE that stepped it up and grabbed an interception from mike vick. No matter how talented your offense is (or quarterback), DEFENSE ALWAYS ALWAYS wins games. Always.

Now, with that out of way. If the packers can regain the same form that they had defensively in last years playoffs.... OUCH for the rest of the league.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Jules... i can see why with manning out, you would be rooting for another quarterback (not named tom brady :D ), (Specifically rodgers, because of his personality and incredible talent)...but some of your posts are b ecoming borderline creepy! :eek: (just a joke btw)

IMO, we still need to give this packers team a little bit more time. Are they on fire? Yes. Are they the best team in the NFL? Yes. Does it look like they will win the superbowl? With seven games in, yes. However... every dog has its day, and ANYTHING could happen in the playoffs... anything. I am not saying that the packers have fluked this season, but i am not comfortable with their defense AT ALL. Sure rodgers can put points on the board, but if the packers face another star qb in the playoffs ( Say a drew brees in the championship game, or a tom brady in the superbowl), it might all come down to who has the last possession. Case in point, eagles vs packers last playoffs. The eagles could have won that game (if they made the fgs)... BUT it was the DEFENSE that stepped it up and grabbed an interception from mike vick. No matter how talented your offense is (or quarterback), DEFENSE ALWAYS ALWAYS wins games. Always.

Now, with that out of way. If the packers can regain the same form that they had defensively in last years playoffs.... OUCH for the rest of the league.

If you see my join date my appreciation for Rodgers began before Manning was even declared half dead. (I also took most of the offseason off from forums.) I started to love/appreciate Rodgers last year and I have always liked the Packers. I am not a Colts homer either even though I love them. I like to talk to fans of other teams since quite frankly, I love football and I get sick of talking to AFC fans all the time. There are intelligent folks here.

BTW the Packers D has been a bit banged up and can improve. And they have won games on defense this year already. I think they will step it up when it matters. I think they lead the league in getting turnovers, not too shabby.

I did delete my dream post. Honestly, football dreams can be pretty creepy/weird I do admit. I have had some odd ones. If anyone cares my dream a week ago or so involved Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings as the only two players in the SB in Indy. Don't ask.

Being that you are a Pats fan I do understand. You want your team to win it all. I picked the Pack to repeat as soon as they won in February. I am sticking with my prediction. I am well aware that anything can happen. This is a Packers forum, so I think I am at the right place to gush over their team's chances.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
Barring major injury I just see no reason why the Packers won't repeat. In fact, right after after the Packers beat the Steelers I said to people I know, "Just watch. Just watch them create a dynasty now or something. They have that look."

Now I spend time every week picking games but most of these games seem completely irrelevant. Does it truly matter what happens between Cincy and Seattle or the Bills and Redskins or Vikings and Panthers?

Oh yes I know upsets happen. I know dark horses might emerge.

But, really. I see nobody out there who I feel currently would beat Green Bay in Indy. Nobody. Not with the Packers current team and with two weeks off before the game.

Just seems like one of the most predictable seasons to me in a long long long time. Even if you don't go 16-0 so what. It's still almost a given to me going back to like February that unless a miracle occured for another team the Packers win it all again.

You guys can stay humble and classy when it comes to this stuff. But, I am allowed to just call it like it is.

It's the Packers bye week. The Packers will win the SB again. Aaron will win MVP this year.

It's a story already written it seems. The league is long overdue for another big power team too.

Doesn't it feel like destiny?

That's really funny because after the Packers beat the Steelers in the SB last year I called one of my friends and said " The Packers are gonna repeat next season you just watch" and he thought they had no chance this SB was just luck, but now he's starting to believe me.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
What I don't get is why I still have to stick up for Rodgers against fans of a few AFC teams (I won't name team names) about Rodgers being the best in the league.

I STILL don't feel at times he gets the respect he deserves.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
What I don't get is why I still have to stick up for Rodgers against fans of a few AFC teams (I won't name team names) about Rodgers being the best in the league.

He doesn't get the respect he deserves, everyone is still hung up on Tom Brady and won't the at the simple stats that clearly prove that Aaron Rodgers is a better quarterback this season.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
He doesn't get the respect he deserves, everyone is still hung up on Tom Brady and won't the at the simple stats that clearly prove that Aaron Rodgers is a better quarterback this season.

A Pats fan told me that Brady has played better teams. Such as the Cowboys and Jets Ds.

Really? Thats the measuring stick? Cowboys and Jets? The same Jets D the Raiders torn up to pieces? The same Cowboys D the Eagles destroyed? Teams led by Romo and Sanchez?

So I am guessing Aaron and the current Packers offense could not score and do better against those D's?

Look, I am not a homer. I would not even pick Manning over Rodgers right now if Manning was healthy. Rodgers is simply a more complete QB in his prime. Rodgers is still young enough that he clearly does not have the body of work for some arguments. But, the here and now favors Rodgers and so does the future.

God, I know so many idiots. I am sick of idiots. Everyone I know still worships the AFC teams or hypes up the freaking Lions again since they beat up on Tebow.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, he should. He is the best ****ing quarterback in the league right now, bar none.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
A Pats fan told me that Brady has played better teams. Such as the Cowboys and Jets Ds.

Really? Thats the measuring stick? Cowboys and Jets? The same Jets D the Raiders torn up to pieces? The same Cowboys D the Eagles destroyed? Teams led by Romo and Sanchez?

So I am guessing Aaron and the current Packers offense could not score and do better against those D's?

Look, I am not a homer. I would not even pick Manning over Rodgers right now if Manning was healthy. Rodgers is simply a more complete QB in his prime. Rodgers is still young enough that he clearly does not have the body of work for some arguments. But, the here and now favors Rodgers and so does the future.

God, I know so many idiots. I am sick of idiots. Everyone I know still worships the AFC teams or hypes up the freaking Lions again since they beat up on Tebow.

Wow I am so sick of Pats fans, everyone respects Brady and gives him his props but as soon as a quarterback starts doing better then him they come up with all these excuses to why Tom Brady is still better then him. Fans need to grow up and learn a little thing called respect.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The season has been predictable for the packers so far because in reality, they haven't played anyone except for the Saints and (maybe) the Falcons. Those 2 (5-3), (4-3) are the only teams theyve played with a winning record except the 4-3 bears.

The rest of their games this season (with the exception of the Vikings) are against teams who currently have a winning record.

While the Packers are cetainly capable (and probably should) beat the rest of the teams they play, this second half of the season should prove to be a lot less predictable than the first half.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Agree that the rest of the season will test the Packers out more. I am not truly sold on many teams yet this year though. Your division games will likely right now be the toughest IMO. And who knows if a game say against Kansas City ends up being tougher then expected.

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree that the rest of the season will test the Packers out more. I am not truly sold on many teams yet this year though. Your division games will likely right now be the toughest IMO. And who knows if a game say against Kansas City ends up being tougher then expected.
agreed. The packers have had quite an easy schedule so far. Lets see how they fare in this second half. We almost always know who will be the SB team by the time we reach games 14-15.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
quote="Bogart, post: 398163, member: 3900"]When I was a child

The child is grown,
The dream is reality.

[/quote]

You did change the words intentionally, right? ;)

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
agreed. The packers have had quite an easy schedule so far. Lets see how they fare in this second half. We almost always know who will be the SB team by the time we reach games 14-15.

2005 Steelers, 2006 Colts, 2007 Giants. 2008 Cardinals and heck even last years Packers. (although I had a feeling on GB when they almost beat NE without Aaron then blew out the Giants). Although those back to back Pats SB teams were kinda obvious to me at times.

It can be tough to call. Sometimes a team just peaks at the right time or catches lightening in a bottle and gets favorable matchups in the playoffs.

This year? In the NFC even if a team goes on a roll we don't expect I am still not sure I would take them over the Packers barring major injury. I don't think I would.

I don't think anyone would be shocked if one of the usual suspects in the AFC from the last few years got in (Pats/Jets/Steelers/Ravens). It would be a team like say KC/Oakland/SD/Buffalo or even Houston that would knock people for a loop. And you know what.....don't count out Houston. I can't believe I am saying that either after picking on them for so many years. They DID beat the Steelers and are improving on D. When Andre gets back the offense will be great. Actually the Texans ran well on the Steelers. They seem to be able to run on almost anyone.

Members online

Latest posts